Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 68 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old December 27, 2010, 04:33 PM   #1676
Offfhand

Posted above:

"Sacrilege! Say something like this on the wrong reloading site and you would be getting more than a lump of coal in your stocking. Guido Claus and his Goombahs would be paying you a visit w/ a "special present" you couldn't refuse."

Wow! An invite like that sounds too tempting not to take advantage of. Let me know the referenced "wrong reloading site" and I'll be there with sleigh bells all agingle. As to the old Follywood tools, the Sr; it's about the right size and weight for bookends and doorstops, as noted. But the Universal l(ugh) is even less appealing. We had a couple in our old shop before cleaning out and junking a bunch of such stuff. They are too big, ugly and heavy even for doorstops but, come to think of it, may provide some redemptive service as boat anchors. Which goes to show that even scrap iron can be put to good use if you use some imagination.

Last edited by Offfhand; December 27, 2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old December 27, 2010, 04:52 PM   #1677
flashhole

I'll give you $10 for the bookend.
Old December 27, 2010, 05:09 PM   #1678
Offfhand

Posted above:

"I'll give you $10 for the bookend."

Thanks for kind offer, but that's what I paid for it.
Old December 27, 2010, 07:30 PM   #1679
Kevin Rohrer

I'll buy any and all Hollywood pieces/parts from you for a decent price of your choosing.
Old December 28, 2010, 10:40 AM   #1680
zfk55

Part of it.

The rest of it.

Latigo

Last edited by zfk55; December 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Added Photos
Old December 29, 2010, 12:13 AM   #1681
sappnasty

I just finished up with assembling and installing all of my components on my bench. I built the bench myself out of wood from Home Depot...Stained it, applied tunge oil and painted it. Got my Rock Chucker kit in today. What do you think for a rookie guys?

Old December 29, 2010, 12:33 AM   #1682
Rollis R. Karvellis

Looks good. I bet it will expand over the years
Old December 29, 2010, 12:39 AM   #1683
Maverick223

The green stuff looks good, sappnasty. You won't be breaking any speed records with a single stage, but it'll give you a great foundation for the best accuracy and is the best platform for starting out on IMO.

Old December 29, 2010, 12:43 AM   #1684
sappnasty

Wink

Thanks guys....I figure start safe, start small and start slow - The rest will come with time and experience!
Old December 29, 2010, 02:07 AM   #1685
Maverick223

Sounds like a good plan. Even if you end up with a big progressive operation I bet that Rock Chucker will still see a bit of use.
Old December 29, 2010, 04:20 AM   #1686
Hey_Allen

Hear, hear...

Even though I have and use a LnL AP, I just picked up a second Rock Chucker that I couldn't pass up for the right price.

Great for using on small batches, test loads, forming...
Old December 29, 2010, 02:50 PM   #1687
hans471

Smile

After looking at some of these pictures I have my head hung LOW. I have been reloading for forty years and I have nothing to compare to what some here have. The other problem is that I have too many hobbies and have to share the space.

I do have four presses (one a Rock Chucker), nice cabinets, a nice bench, and more. Maybe I will post a picture next time I have everything out.

You guys are an inspiration....or you shame me....one of the other. :-)
Old December 29, 2010, 05:13 PM   #1688
Offfhand

Nice job Mr. Sappnasty. Send a photo to RCBS, I'm sure they will enjoy seeing your neat arrangement and may send you a nice surprise. The folks at RCBS are good folks.
Old December 29, 2010, 10:34 PM   #1689
rabid_rob

My Bench, a Year Old Now

I finished putting this all together right at a year ago, but just now getting to some photos. This started life as a sad, used, slightly rusty black-painted workbench I got off craigslist. I installed smooth bearing-style slides on the drawers, cut out and wired boxes & conduit for an outlet and overhead light switch, hung a twin-tube fixture with some shelf brackets, and finally put that HVLP spray gun to use and covered in some bright, shiny red enamel.

Note the powder scale is at eye level, and a couple of speakers on the sides for chillin' with some Shuffle from the iPod. I have a small shop vac and compressed air tank on the right side to keep it cleaned up (most of the time).

Some colored tape helps me keep the dies sorted, as well as the large and small primer parts. The little white tubs are old gum containers, and have a both "sprinkle" and "pour" doors, for filling and emptying primers.

The LNL press has a few mods as well. I got the ergonomic roller-handle off flea-bay (it works VERY nice), wired up a flexible LED worklight, and cut off the shell feeder mounting area to make room for my bullets and brass. There's also a small plastic box with a trap door that's hose-clamped to the primer discharge tube to catch the spent primers.

Next time, I'll show you the Black Hole of Calcutta, the area in the garage where I torture tumble brass on a rickety plywood table.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench_01.jpg (52.9 KB, 1805 views)
File Type: jpg bench_02.jpg (68.4 KB, 1793 views)
File Type: jpg bench_03.jpg (54.4 KB, 1782 views)
File Type: jpg bench_04.jpg (91.3 KB, 1786 views)
Old December 30, 2010, 12:29 AM   #1690
sappnasty

What a cool bench! Looks awesome man....I like the die holders
Old December 31, 2010, 12:05 AM   #1691
Magichelmt

my new to me dillon 550B

Dillon 550B that I just got set up today. Bought it off a buddy that moved to a 650.

Last edited by Magichelmt; December 31, 2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old January 1, 2011, 08:27 PM   #1692
Lincoln4

Wow! Here's my modest work in progress. Just started reloading about 10 months ago...

Old January 2, 2011, 02:24 PM   #1693
P5 Guy

My Bench

Not as impressive as some of the others, but it works for what I do.

Last edited by P5 Guy; June 17, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old January 2, 2011, 02:29 PM   #1694
Quickdraw McGraw

I do love those ammo crates!!
Old January 2, 2011, 04:47 PM   #1695
rocketdoc

my bench

Here are some pics of my cave. Oak benches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0370.jpg (242.5 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0368.jpg (233.1 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0369.jpg (235.9 KB, 249 views)
Old January 2, 2011, 07:49 PM   #1696
Vettewine

Thumbs up Humbling experience...

I must agree with "hans471" and say that I am humbled by the elaborate and extensive reloading benches posted here. I think I have the same problem that "hans471" has... too many hobbies...! I've been reloading for over 35 years and still use an old single-stage RCBS Rockchucker press and a rotary tumbler. Both have served me well and still are doing so, for that matter...

ReloadBench2.JPG

The black bins hung on the wall above are for sorting fired casings. All powders and primers are stored in the white metal cabinet. I can still produce enough rounds to to keep all my rifles and pistols happy (along with their owner)...!

Last edited by Vettewine; January 2, 2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: photo didn't upload...
Old January 2, 2011, 09:44 PM   #1697
mbruce

Got a desk on sale at Office Depot. Mounted the press on top of a 6x6 with 6" wood bolts and have the back of the desk screwed into wall studs...shouldn't go anywhere...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading.jpg (257.2 KB, 162 views)
Old January 2, 2011, 11:00 PM   #1698
Hookman

I finally got my Dillon 550B out of the box and setup after 14 years!

Old January 3, 2011, 06:12 PM   #1699
brandon_mcg

thought i would wait til i actually reloaded some rounds before i posted mine. as simple a table as you can build but it is sturdy and gets the job done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench1.jpg (108.5 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg bench2.jpg (105.6 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg bench3.jpg (218.3 KB, 153 views)
Old January 4, 2011, 04:55 PM   #1700
THe Dove

Brandon

Sturdy is what counts and beauty is in the eye of the be-holder. I think she's a beauty amigo!

The Dove