Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 82 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old May 10, 2011, 01:28 PM   #2026
Ronno

Now you have to add the case feeder and bullet feeder and it becomes you own ammo factory... You do not even touch a bullet or case other than to empty your finished tray!
Old May 10, 2011, 04:52 PM   #2027
Whiskey11

Aye... gotta get to another paycheck or four before I can do that though :P Got some other things that are priority over things that might as well be a luxury! I don't mind putting bullets in, so the case feeder will be first. Right now, it's not bad though Much faster then reloading everything in steps that is for sure!

I just need more components so I can actually enjoy it! I need to go shooting this sunday so I have empty brass to run through it
Old May 12, 2011, 08:42 PM   #2028
meak99

New to reloading, new bench!

Hi everyone - your photos inspired me. I've been shooting small bore rifles and shotgun most of my life, but just started shooting pistol last November. I quickly realized how much ammo you can burn through, especially with a range in my back yard, and the need to be able to make my own. I picked up a Lee Classic Turret this spring, along with a Lee Pro 4-20 and some molds to cast my own - I'm set up for 9mm, 45ACP, and .243 Win.

Old May 12, 2011, 08:48 PM   #2029
Maverick223

meak99, I see that you have been around for a while, but I doubt that you've been formally greeted, so welcome to THR!

Old May 12, 2011, 08:48 PM   #2030
GLShooter

That is a very nice set up. Very sanitary and it seems to have everything within reach.

Greg
Old May 12, 2011, 09:05 PM   #2031
meak99

Thanks Maverick & GLShooter. I have been lurking for a while reading the reloading forum - and checking out all 80+ pages of this thread!
Old May 16, 2011, 06:14 PM   #2032
boltgunnerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly J View Post
It ain't much but it works for me.
what shotshell progressive reloader are you using?

Old May 16, 2011, 06:27 PM   #2033
boltgunnerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick223 View Post
meak99, I see that you have been around for a while, but I doubt that you've been formally greeted, so welcome to THR!

shoot im brand new and made like 12 threads and noone has lol that surprised me as i see ppl do that often here...........

Old May 16, 2011, 06:30 PM   #2034
boltgunnerguy

i would load my reloader but i cant take a pic of my pocket knife and teeth and a hammerd spoon lol

Old May 16, 2011, 06:50 PM   #2035
Maverick223

Quote:
shoot im brand new and made like 12 threads and noone has lol that surprised me as i see ppl do that often here...........
Well i'll be the first; welcome boltgunnerguy.

Old May 16, 2011, 07:55 PM   #2036
boltgunnerguy

awe thankyou! lol...........

Old May 17, 2011, 08:14 PM   #2037
nojoke

So, I'm bouncing an idea off ya'll.
I have this small plastic shed on a concrete slab.

I'm contemplating converting it over to a reloading shed.
Framing out the interior, sealing it up for moisture, insulating it.
Has anyone tried doing this????
It's 8x5.

Pics to follow. (the earlier posted reloading "closet" was just too small and has been abandoned to simply being the "gun room" for storage).
Old May 17, 2011, 09:14 PM   #2038
Maverick223

nojoke, that shouldn't be a problem, but I would suggest adding an AC/heater (for you not necessarily your equip.) as temperatures will probably be extreme in an enclosed space such as that. Moisture isn't a horrible concern as long as you don't have leaks, keep your equipment oiled properly, and your powder in the original containers. Keeping primers in a sealed container (use plastic in case of fire) isn't a bad idea either.

Somewhere in this massive thread is a pretty neat comm. trailer that is set up similarly...no idea where/what pg. but that might be worth a look. I'm sure that there are dozens of "out-buildings" hidden in here too.

Old May 18, 2011, 11:23 PM   #2039
CAR-AR

This time that I set up my bench I wanted to have a smaller footprint so I set a small bench on the left for priming and powder charging. The big bench on the right is used for decap/sizing, and cleaning. The big bench is used for trimming. The rest of the big bench is used for working on cars and lawn equipment.

This picture shows the lower black cabinets where the powder is stored during mild weather or when the A/C is running non-stop. The grey tubs to the right of the lower cabinets are pretty much filled with once fired brass.

Old May 21, 2011, 01:43 PM   #2040
HisDivineShadow

My reloading... space, I suppose:
Old May 21, 2011, 05:46 PM   #2041
RugerBob

HisDivineShadow- nice set up. How does that 'tin star' powder meter for you? I haven't seen any around the stores I hit, but am curious about it for my single actions.
Old May 21, 2011, 08:54 PM   #2042
jcerillo70

My Theropy

I didnt know there was a sticky for this, i made my own thread but here's my garage/Man-Cave
-Adding the Lee classic turret in a few days. Will update the picture

Old May 21, 2011, 10:35 PM   #2043
texaz

Mine is always changing.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:36 PM   #2044
texaz

Most recent.
Old May 21, 2011, 11:15 PM   #2045
Bmac1949

Meak99, did you make your bench? It's excellent. Got plans?
Old May 21, 2011, 11:18 PM   #2046
texaz

And now.
Old May 22, 2011, 01:06 AM   #2047
nojoke

shed in question from above post... http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost....postcount=2037

Last edited by nojoke; May 24, 2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old May 22, 2011, 05:59 AM   #2048
HisDivineShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerBob View Post
HisDivineShadow- nice set up. How does that 'tin star' powder meter for you? I haven't seen any around the stores I hit, but am curious about it for my single actions.
I've actually been having some issues with it, it varies .2 grains on a good day to be honest and one time I measure almost up to 4. variation due to a single flyer. It's definitly the powder, the granules are 2x the size of the N320 I got.

If I could choose I would get some alliant powders like 2400 and the like and just go with that, but Alliant is not available in finland, its pretty much vihtavuori or nothing.
Old May 22, 2011, 02:15 PM   #2049
RandyP

My small work area

I have dedicated an unused spare bedroom as my mini-man cave -lol- and setup my reloading operations where it stays warm in the winter and cooler in the summer. No central A/C but there is a small window unit nearby.

Like they say, nuthin' "fancy" and side storage shelves and the small rolling cart the presses mount on are all WalMart finest, but as I always post, there is a way to particpate in this hobby at all budget levels. Mine is obviously not large.

Old May 22, 2011, 11:05 PM   #2050
REL1203

I guess its about time I upload an updated pic of my bench. I just added the Lock'n'Load this last week, and finally got things organized over the weekend. My bench I built myself using the 2x4basics kits and its strong as a rock.