Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 89 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 24, 2011, 12:52 AM   #2201
chris8938

Here is mine

Here is my new bench. I have been reloading at my buddy's house for about 10 years. Now I am able to do it in my own basement.

This was with some Black Hills Ammunition, and is the reason I want to reload...
Old August 24, 2011, 03:16 PM   #2202
irondavy

wow so clean and organized.... I remember when my bench was like that

Irondavy
Old August 25, 2011, 02:21 AM   #2203
chrt396

This thread is getting long and old!! Long and old enough where I'm reposting new additions to my bench and whole garage! It's been about 8 mos. since I've started reloading and have kind of gotten attached to the hobby! Obsessed..maybe!

Overall view of the reloading bench with RCBS single stage and Dillon 550

Brass, lubricants and dies

Different view with crappy garage floor

I bought this tool chest to store all my finished ammo as well as laptop for research and reloading manuals.

Primer and bullet storage

This is where I'm getting ready to start gunsmithing and cleaning bench as well. I just got that great idea a couple nights ago. Wife thinks I'm sick!
Old August 25, 2011, 10:15 AM   #2204
wr400

They just dont understand!
Old August 25, 2011, 10:53 AM   #2205
luis7

Two picture more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2050.JPG (204.7 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2049.JPG (179.2 KB, 288 views)
Old August 26, 2011, 09:42 AM   #2206
OldmanFCSA

My portable Reloading Room project.

First - I am very jealous of most of the setups I have seen and read about here. You guys are very creative and have done a wonderful job with creating your personalized Reloading Rooms.

I have been reloading since 1972. Started out with a board clamped to my dorm desk at college. Advanced to a 42" square table bolted to center of floor in a bedroom of my mobile home. That allowed me to have setups on all four sides. Worked well, until I bought a house. There I had a long table top bolted to a wall = nice setup.

Then I got married !!!!!! Things changed !!!! Moved three times. Had 2 kids. Moved again. 17 years later got divorced. 8 years later re-married. This wife wants me to have a nice reloading room, but no space in our small town-house.

The following is a result of wanting to have everything I need to be a Match Director of sanctioned FCSA matches in a trailer and a reloading setup that allows different loadings to be tested at the range. Can't haul everything, so I restrict myself to just three calibers of supplies in trailer.

Please understand - this is a work in-progress - lots of things in the trailer that may not stay - just working out how everything will fit.

Rear View

Closer view thru rear.

Closer view but angled towards front.

Thru side door looking forward.

Thru side door looking straight in. RCBS Rockchucker press is being installed.

Thru side door looking upward towards storage locker bolted to wall and ceiling with three 50BMG target rifles enclosed. Closedcell foam is installed to protect rifles during transport. Locker is lockable and trailer is locked on doors and double-locked on hitch. Security system installed, but needs fine-tuning. Un-authorized moving of trailer locks the electric trailer brakes and sounds 135db alarm. And a heavy log chain with locks is used while in storage.

A close-up view of AR-50 in storage.
(A 48" similar locker is bolted to opposite wall for smaller rifles.)

So did anyone notince the Pingle mounts on floor and KTM tie-down straps?
My KTM530EXC will fit in backwards with room to spare. Much easier riding my street-legal dirtbike to check targets at 1000 yards or at a mile or more. Trying to leave room for my Stinger missle case which has been modified into a trailer for hauling a 50BMG rifle or others behind my KTM. Wheels are removeable from case and will need to be stored somewhere - haven't figured that out yet - not on top, not on front, maybe attached to rear ramp, which will then fold into and above front fender of motorcycle.

Bad view of my bike. This way of hauling didn't work so well, caused truck to over heat. Besides, I'm not using that vehicle to tow my reloading trailer.

Wife would not let me use this trailer.

Trailer is bigger than our townhouse in background. (Town-house is 1 of 4 units.)
"We all have bad days, some are worse than others!"
Old August 26, 2011, 10:14 AM   #2207
nickE10mm

Oldman, that is awesome. Period.
Old August 26, 2011, 04:08 PM   #2208

OldmanFCSA, that is neat but I wouldn't do well with a set up like that. I'd be in the back reloading while the wife/girlfriend is at the wheel hauling a$$ to a match. Of course, I'd need a window above the bench so that I could admire the view.
Old August 26, 2011, 05:02 PM   #2209
chris8938

Oldman, that is pretty awesome. I think that is a ingenious set up to make do with the hand your dealt. I am pretty impressed!!
Old August 27, 2011, 11:56 AM   #2210
Arkansas Paul

Quote:
I'd be in the back reloading while the wife/girlfriend is at the wheel hauling a$$ to a match.

That'd probably be me too. I can see myself thinking, "If I screw the loading blocks to the table, they won't fly around when she takes a curve."
Old August 28, 2011, 08:01 AM   #2211
OldmanFCSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Paul View Post
That'd probably be me too. I can see myself thinking, "If I screw the loading blocks to the table, they won't fly around when she takes a curve."
I have a 1/16" sticky rubber mat on some places on bench - things do not move around much - I was surprised! Some storage devices are screwed to benchtop.

During drive to Alliance, Nebraska, last Spring, a trip of about 710 miles for me with a side trip to Black Hills for wife, very little stuff fell, and nothing off of the sticky mats. Now stuff that was improperly stored on aluminum shelves did fall, but less than I thought would.

With generator (Honda 2000 EUis) running while in aluminum box on hitch of trailer, you could watch movies inside, radio, CD's, lights, fans, electronic powder measures, electronic scales, computer, etc.

Just make sure no one, wife, locks you inside!!!

Today's project is finishing 110v electrical in plastic conduit to clean-up wiring issues.

Next is completing Security System with now installed deep-cell backup battery supply.

Must be done by Wednesday noon.

Thank you ALL for your support and comments.
"We all have bad days, some are worse than others!"
Old August 29, 2011, 05:45 PM   #2212
pendingKill

Oldman awesome setup for sure..

Anyone have any tips for a newbie like me on a bench or should I stick with the NRA PDF I keep seeing??
Old August 30, 2011, 10:05 PM   #2213
rangerich

Reloading area better than before

Had foundation repaired and put the walls and bench put back.
Counters came from a library microfilm lab ( back in the 80's ) they were going to toss. Made by a union shop ( stamps on everything ) of maple.
It's good to recycle.
Old August 30, 2011, 10:10 PM   #2214
rangerich

bench photo

Sorry, the photo did not get attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading_bench.jpg (152.0 KB, 555 views)
Old August 30, 2011, 11:12 PM   #2215
pendingKill

Looks good Rich!
Old September 2, 2011, 10:10 PM   #2216
Campbed45

can I use a Hornady Die set in my Lyman Crussher II Press ?
Old September 2, 2011, 10:39 PM   #2217
Catshooter

Yes you can Campbed.

Cat
Old September 3, 2011, 04:40 PM   #2218
altitude_19

But you can't use the bushings to retain settings. Sorry.
Old September 5, 2011, 10:07 AM   #2219
ary

Paul's mobile loading bench

<P>
Here's mine, I've been using it for a year (.45ACP, .45AR, .40 SW, 9mm, 30 Carbine, .308Win). Please go to ary.com, click on handloading then Bench.
</P>
Old September 5, 2011, 10:54 AM   #2220
flashhole

I agree you don't need a large work surface to load ammo. This is my primary bench (the pic has been posted before). The top measures 2' x 4' and the uprights are outboard of the work surfaces. Plenty of room and I find the smaller work surface forces one to stay neat. I have other benches too but this is where all the action is.

Old September 5, 2011, 02:23 PM   #2221
jamesicus

I now do "table top" (kitchen, patio, study, den, et al - whatever is available) reloading almost exclusively using a Lee hand press and accessories and I am enjoying it more than I ever have. Of course my output is low and slow (no more than forty reloads per session) - all of my case prep is manual and I neck size the cases (sample checking them in the chamber of the rifle). For me it is a most relaxing way to reload and I am producing accurate ammunition of excellent quality that functions nicely in my rifles.

I use IMR Trail Boss powder (reduced loads) in my 30/06 IAW the Hodgdon specifications with outstanding results.

20 shot group from the bench at 50 yards:

James

Last edited by jamesicus; September 5, 2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added image
Old September 11, 2011, 01:39 AM   #2222
BYJO4

Update of Loading Area after adding another Hornady LNL AP press.

Old September 13, 2011, 08:28 AM   #2223
Uniquedot

BYJO4, those PW's are nice! Very thrifty bench too.
Old September 13, 2011, 04:54 PM   #2224
BYJO4

I've had the PWs since the late 80s. They paid for themselves within a couple of years. They produce excellent reloads that look like factory. PW also has excellent customer service.
Old September 13, 2011, 06:17 PM   #2225
mefitz

My Man Cave

Here are a few pics of my Man Cave. I had a shop built on the back end of my garage.

Luckily, I have an awesome wife!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010063.jpg (253.2 KB, 422 views)
File Type: jpg P1010064.jpg (248.3 KB, 378 views)
File Type: jpg P1010065.jpg (255.3 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg P1010066.jpg (252.0 KB, 280 views)