Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 92 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 4, 2011, 11:34 PM   #2276
Beanie-Bean

austeph,

Thank you for the information--I'm going to try to find a metal shop here in Austin to see if they can do something similar for me. Appreciate the side view pic--that makes it more clear to understand how the press sits.
Old October 6, 2011, 09:36 AM   #2277
Cloudwraith

Hey everyone,

I just started my reloading adventures and I hope to spend a lot of time here learning. I needed a reloading bench in the basement so I built one based off some designs I found on youtube. Modified the dimensions a bit and made some tweaks. Here is a quick pic of it. If anyone is interested I can post some pictures of the build process as well.

Last edited by Cloudwraith; October 6, 2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old October 6, 2011, 04:02 PM   #2278
g.willikers

Nice bench and special kudos 'cause you built it yourself.
But you have a lot of work ahead to make it look like it's supposed to look.
It needs a lot more reloading stuff all over it.
It's kind of naked, as it is.
Old October 11, 2011, 04:01 PM   #2279
A Pause for the Coz

Ok here is my Den O fun!!!

Wife didn't know I was going to take over her scrap book room. Moved her out to a upstairs room. mine now!!!
Old October 12, 2011, 12:31 AM   #2280
VonFatman

Love that Den-O-Fun!! Nice. So much more productive than scrap-booking too!

Bob
Old October 18, 2011, 12:35 AM   #2281
Dentite

This is a great thread. I looked at every page while deciding what to build.

We had two spare bedrooms and an office then we started having kids. Didn't want to take any room in the home office. I've got room in the garage but half the year it's just too hot in the garage (120 degrees in the summer).

My solution was to make a bench on wheels so when it's too hot to work in the garage I can wheel it inside, do my thing and then wheel it back out to the garage. Made some blocks with cutouts for the wheels so when I get it inside all the weight of the bench is on the blocks, not the wheels.

The most stress I've put on the bench was just some full length resizing some .223 but it was plenty stable considering it's a movable bench IMO.

Got the metal bench used for $80, took off the MDF top and made this top from three layers of 3/4 plywood. Probably more thick than it needs to be but I like the look of the thick top.

Made a small elevator for my case trimmer to avoid knuckle scraping. Free is cheaper than the $25 RCBS version:

My first reloads ever! .38 specials, 158 grain plated Berrys with 3.6gr of 231. Very satifying even if I did take me quite a bit of time going very slow for this first batch of 100:

Not pictured is the RCBS trim mate case prep center...fired it up the first time to clean up some trimmed .223 brass.

I'm a rookie but this is fun.
Old October 18, 2011, 06:58 AM   #2282
flashhole

Nice job. I'm a fan of the island deisgn that gives access to all sides of the bench. You have room to mount another press or two.
Old October 18, 2011, 08:35 PM   #2283
BKS

Very nice work.
Old October 18, 2011, 08:37 PM   #2284
THe Dove

Dentite

you need to paint those drawers green!!!!!

The Dove
Old October 18, 2011, 09:21 PM   #2285
nojoke

THe dove,

....or he needs new equipment!
Old October 19, 2011, 02:11 PM   #2286
THe Dove

Nojoke -

He needs to paint the frame green too!!! HAHA

The Dove
Old October 19, 2011, 03:41 PM   #2287
Dentite

Thanks for the nice words guys. It's a start!

I would love it if the bench were green, I just didn't feel like painting haha.
Old October 19, 2011, 09:59 PM   #2288
nun

I really like this thread. It is really neat how you guys take sometimes the smallest space and make a santuary. I will post mine someday when I get it cleaned up.
Old October 20, 2011, 04:00 PM   #2289
spcrobbins

New Bench

I decided to stain and poly my bench, so I pulled everything off and went to town. I think it looks better than it did before. My dad and I built this bench just the other day. I can't wait for this to dry so I can get my stuff back on it. I haven't decided how I want to build my shelf on top, but I was thinking about an enclosure with some type of slide out for my scale. I don't know....it's a work in progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-10-20 14.36.17.jpg (40.6 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-20 14.35.52.jpg (33.4 KB, 180 views)
Old October 20, 2011, 05:13 PM   #2290
Catshooter

Nice looking bench spc.

All shops/benchs are a work in progress, in case you didn't know.

Cat
Old October 21, 2011, 05:53 PM   #2291
spcrobbins

Bench

Mounted the press finally!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-10-21 16.32.08.jpg (39.5 KB, 246 views)
Old October 21, 2011, 07:53 PM   #2292
nojoke

Finally getting it all put together.
From a costco shed:http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost....postcount=2047

To this:

It's working out well.
Yes, that's an attempt at sound proofing. The neighbor is just a few feet away, normal for CA high density living.
The less they know, the better IMO.
Old October 22, 2011, 05:05 PM   #2293
dsm

Well, I at least have a temporary place to load a couple rounds for load testing. I still have boxes of stuff, gun safe and 3 more presses to set up. What you see framed in is a paint room that I can airbrush in without getting overspray all over everything. I plan on framing in the remaining corner(where my loading stuff is now) of the basement for my loading room. I have a buddy that is getting me several kitchen base cabinets and wall cabinets. Hopefully buy spring, I will have something more permanent, LOL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-10-22 16.01.28.jpg (78.5 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0340.jpg (65.6 KB, 174 views)
Old October 23, 2011, 12:23 AM   #2294
LouisianaJoe

I used some old entertainment base cabinets and I made a base for them using 4x4's. I used 2x4's to attache them and them put a 1/2" mdf on top followed by a 3/4" MDF on top of that. I used contact cement to cover the top with Formica and it works for me. See http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost....postcount=2118 for pictures of the results. You can do something like this with the Kitchen base cabinents.
Old October 23, 2011, 04:24 PM   #2295
CHALK22

Finally got all my presses reinstalled after installing the LNL AP. I have posted pics of the bench before, but not with the new addition. I took an idea from another member on THR and made up a Primer tube style bullet feeder for 9mm. It works awesome, and I ended up running out of powder before I ran out of bullets!

Old October 23, 2011, 08:57 PM   #2296
dsm

Great work Joe! I like the T track idea and may do something similar with my bench. I saw T track used on other benches in this thread. Where can you buy t track?
Old October 24, 2011, 12:54 AM   #2297
rikman

Bench Expansion

I expanded my reloading bench and added a second Dillon 550B. One is setup for large primers and the other small primers. On the end is my Lyman T mag for rifle work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DILLONX2.jpg (89.4 KB, 297 views)
Old October 24, 2011, 12:56 AM   #2298
LouisianaJoe

I bought this kit at Rockler.com It is on sale now and you can cut the 4' track to the size that you need for your bench.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21276&rrt=1

On the same web page are the hold down clamps that I use. I waited until they put them on sale also.
There is a cheaper clamp here: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21387

You will need to use a router to cut a 3/4' wide by 3/8' deep dado to put the t-track in. I installed the t-track before I put the Formica on . I routed the dados before I installed the top on the bench so that I could clamp some boards to the top to guide the router.
Old October 26, 2011, 12:33 AM   #2299
16in50calNavalRifle

Finished the garage this summer - for many reasons - but the sweetest payoff is this reloading area. Light is excellent, and there's lots of storage room on racks and in cabinets not pictured in this photo (in case I need to add anything ....). Bench can be cleared off (including press, which is attached via the Lee mounting brackets) and stored securely in 2 minutes, freeing up the nice work bench surface and leaving no trace of reloading activity (er, perhaps except some HP-38 on the floor, and spent primers in the trash ....).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading bench 1.JPG (115.4 KB, 273 views)
Old October 26, 2011, 04:43 PM   #2300
Black_Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16in50calNavalRifle
Finished the garage this summer - for many reasons - but the sweetest payoff is this reloading area.
16in50calNavalRifle - What is the source of your reloading bench?