Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 98 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old January 23, 2012, 11:03 AM   #2426
max it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Sierra View Post

Hi Tango,
Just like mine except messier, and no bullet feeder tray, and no Zip powder; howz that one working for you? I have noticed it lately. Do you use it in a 9mm. That's my competition shooter.
Much obliged,

Max
Old January 23, 2012, 11:24 AM   #2427
mmorris

Pictures Galore

No offense to anyone at all, but I wonder if we could agree to giving the post number, instead of re-posting photos .

Makes the thread too big and my update bandwidth too large (I got a limit on my internet downloads ).
Old January 24, 2012, 01:18 AM   #2428
Ridgerunner665

I think this is the 3rd time I've had to update this thread due to upgrades and such...

Old January 24, 2012, 01:47 AM   #2429
OpelBlitz

My set up after being updated last year.

Old January 24, 2012, 05:05 AM   #2430
danbowkley

Location: Based in Belleview, FL USA (but probably on the open road somewhere in the 48)
My humble bench; it's an absolute disaster area at the moment, once I get it moved into the living room (now single, so I can get away with it! ) I'll likely post a followup.

Gadget, the fuzzy assistant; actually he's pretty lousy at everything but batting brass into inaccessible corners of the garage, but he's too loveable to evict.

And my primer catcher arrangement: a car cupholder screwed to the bench leg and a one pound Hodgdon powder can in it. Works perfectly!

Last edited by danbowkley; January 24, 2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: fixed image links again
Old January 24, 2012, 04:39 PM   #2431
AlabamaDan

Johnnymg, how do you keep it from rolling when in use? I don't see locks on the castors.
Old January 26, 2012, 01:08 AM   #2432
Johnnymg

AlabamaDan

Cycling either of the two front presses doesn't seem to move the bench. I suspect that's because the bench and reloading HW + supplies is well above 200+ lbs. The castors were rated at 150# each but it's still a bit of a bear to move the bench. Right now the castors appear to be sufficient but they might need to be upgraded if we store more supplies on the bench.

regards
JohnG

Last edited by Johnnymg; January 26, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old January 26, 2012, 10:37 AM   #2433
AlabamaDan

Ah. Good information. It's a great looking bench.
Old January 28, 2012, 01:36 PM   #2434
Legionnaire

Pretty basic, but it works. Powder and most components stored separately in a steel cabinet.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RLBench01.jpg (115.1 KB, 1826 views)
Old January 28, 2012, 07:21 PM   #2435
mag409

Just getting into reloading

I finished up my bench over Xmas and wanted to share. I'm just getting back into reloading after a very long hiatus and figured I should start with a good bench. I made all the cabinets out of birch ply and maple faceframes. It's a start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3200.jpg (109.8 KB, 495 views)
Old January 28, 2012, 09:04 PM   #2436
BYJO4

Very nice looking bench. Hope you like the Hornday LNL Ap as much as I do.
Old January 28, 2012, 09:05 PM   #2437
LAH

Welcome to the board mag409. I'd say that's a great start.

Tell me you have a 409 Chevy?
Old January 29, 2012, 10:11 PM   #2438
Scout99

Reloading in Mason Neck...

All, thought I'd share my work bench. After drafting a design for something I'd like to have I stumbled across some inexpensive workbenches that Sears sold. Sturdy metal frames with 2" pressboard tops covered in laminate...works like a champ.

Here's my press bench...hoping to add a Dillon to keep up with my shooting.

And here's where I keep the rest of my tools

- anything worth doing is worth doing in excess...
Old January 29, 2012, 10:40 PM   #2439
Red is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout99 View Post
All, thought I'd share my work bench. After drafting a design for something I'd like to have I stumbled across some inexpensive workbenches that Sears sold. Sturdy metal frames with 2" pressboard tops covered in laminate...works like a champ.

Here's my press bench...hoping to add a Dillon to keep up with my shooting.

And here's where I keep the rest of my tools

- anything worth doing is worth doing in excess...
All I see are red X's
Old January 30, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2440
splattergun

Ditto^^I thought it was just me.

“Thieves for their robbery have authority,
When judges steal themselves.”
Measure f. Measure, ii. 2.
Old February 1, 2012, 02:02 PM   #2441
AlabamaDan

Mag409, nice bench. Where'd you get that backsplash - for lack of a better name. Really nice work on the woodwork.
Old February 1, 2012, 04:45 PM   #2442
mag409

So far so good on the LNL. I like it. No 409 chevy here, but plenty of BBF's.

The backsplash is something I made. It is cut out of 14Ga steel and painted. Thanks for the compliments all.

Here is a little better pic of the backsplash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3196.jpg (80.5 KB, 293 views)
Old February 1, 2012, 08:35 PM   #2443
dsm

Since I made the back of my benchtop out of 2x4 oak, I am able to drill holes with a spade bit to store dies and tools. Works very well...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2399.JPG (126.9 KB, 250 views)
Old February 2, 2012, 12:10 AM   #2444
PowderMonkey

I've been reloading 40, 45, and 10mm pistol for about 1.5 years now on a LnL AP with great success. What an awesome hobby and wow does it add to the existing satisfaction of an already great day of shooting, whether a match or plinking... You can down-load for action pistol matches, load fire breathers for your ported guns for show, hell even policing the brass is kinda fun and gives you a chance to slow down between strings and stop and think about what you are wanting to work on and make the most out of your range time. All very cool.

Just had a LnL AP and a little Lee with a Bulge Buster setup for my 40 and 10mm brass 'prep'...

Decided a while back to begin investigating loading for rifle. Got scared off by the case prep. Tumble to clean, case lube, neck lube, size, tumble lube off, trim, chamfer, deburr, remove primer crimp process. That put me off for about a year.

I decided I had enough money in my firearms and reloading equipment to just forget worrying about it and buy what I need to make what I want to do enjoyable and time effective enough for me to actually do it... SOOO in the last couple months I added a:

*A case feeder to my first LnL for bulk pistol loading
*A second LnL AP to leave setup for large primer rifle loads
*A single stage LnL just to size/deprime rifle brass
*Hornady Cam Lock Trimmer
*Lyman Case Prep Xpress
*RCBS Gold Medal Match Competition Seater for 308
*Redding taper crimp die for 308

Well let me tell ya, I couldn't be happier!

Just did a full load of case prep to 100 LC NATO (+) brass including, tumble to clean, Hornady Unique Case Lube (mink oil?), Motor Mica on the necks, deprime/resize on single stage, tumble again, trim to 2.005, then to the Lyman two cases at a time (two hands!) to chamfer, deburr, ream crimp, uniform primer pocket, clean primer pocket.

Now in less than 45 minutes I have 100 beautiful polished cases that are fully processed and ready to load on my progressive. Loading them took about another 15 minutes as there is no need to lube and it only needs very light forces as resizing is already done, so you are just priming, power charging, seating, and taper crimping.

Case prep is in the garage as it makes shavings. Everything else is inside.

Some beautiful setups here but I'm in love with my bench! It's Douglas Fir 4x4's and 2x6's, bench is 3 feet deep and 6 feet wide. Top is two layers of golden oak stained 3/4" oak veneered hardwood plywood with two tubes of sub floor glued, and screwed every 6 inches, with about 6 coats of poly, and mahogany trim cut at 45's at the corners. Bench is assembled with 1/4x20 carriage bolts and blind, T-nuts and lockwashers. The presses feel like they are bolted to the earth.

Life is good just wanted to share the glory.

Old February 2, 2012, 07:41 AM   #2445
LAH

PowderMoney there's nothing like the correct tools & a very solid bench. I do case prep for the rifles much like you & use a universal decapping die in station number one {Dillon 450 & 550} which removes any trapped media in the primer pockets. Love all the RED.
Old February 3, 2012, 10:26 PM   #2446
Cemetery21

My tools are pretty modest, but have served me well for 40 years. This is the 4th house and I planned to have more room, but maybe next time. The top is 1 1/2x 12 lambeams and commercial tile left over from building the house. Solid and easy to keep clean. Knotty pine cabinets for storage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bench (1).jpg (78.2 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg Bench (2).jpg (87.6 KB, 219 views)
Old February 6, 2012, 09:06 PM   #2447
Bentley4700

This thread alone inspired me to stop lurking and register. Some amazing setups and also some others that make my OCD freak out uncontrollably. I dont know how some of you guys can even find stuff on your bench!
Here is mine.

Old February 6, 2012, 10:32 PM   #2448
Roach79

Its my first setup..hey its a start for now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0569.jpg (87.0 KB, 141 views)
Old February 6, 2012, 11:44 PM   #2449
ole farmerbuck
Contributing Member

Update

I'm getting closer to done. This ia as bad as building a house and I'm sure not a carpenter.
Old February 7, 2012, 08:35 AM   #2450
altitude_19

Ok, it's getting a little ridiculous for some of you guys to say "almost done" or "just getting started" when you have MULTIPLE progressives mounted up in your own private munitions plant. lol!