Quantcast
The Wait Is Agonizing...! - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 23, 2015, 12:29 AM   #1
DaisyCutter

The Wait Is Agonizing...!

So, a couple weeks ago I ordered one of the CMP M1 Garands, and the wait is excruciating. I've been trying to keep busy, keep moving, and just generally occupy myself with something productive to pass the time while I wait.

Then the CMP decided to send me a bunch of accessories for the rifle, basically teasing me.

So, in order to entertain myself, I arranged some of the accesories into a shadow box for my man cave.

I think it turned out well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150822_204655.jpg (66.2 KB, 124 views)
Old August 23, 2015, 09:39 AM   #2
bannockburn

DaisyCutter

Looks great! Be sure to post some photos when your M1 comes in.
Old August 23, 2015, 09:48 AM   #3
Reloadron
Contributing Member

Patience and always remember that good things come to those who wait.

Nice job with the poster.

Ron
Old August 23, 2015, 12:37 PM   #4
critter

It will be worth the wait!
Old August 23, 2015, 12:59 PM   #5
Red Wind

Great work on the poster. It reminded me of another great WWII poster slogan, "Loose Lips Sink Ships".

Enjoy that M1.
Old August 23, 2015, 11:20 PM   #6
musicman10_1

I like the shadow box. I have all of that stuff and have been thinking about a way to display them; I might borrow some ideas from your display if you don't mind.
Old August 23, 2015, 11:37 PM   #7
Hardtarget

Take a deep breath, think calm thoughts, visualize the first time you look through the sights. You'll be ready for that first range trip...and shoot well!

I didn't have that period of anticipation waiting for my M-1. My family pooled their money and gave it to me for Christmas! (four years ago) They just sprung it on me...took me a week to stop grinning! It will feel good just knowing you have one in your safe, ready to go! THEY ROCK!!

Mark
Old August 24, 2015, 08:33 AM   #8
Ryanxia

Start sending in forms for NFA items, it will make any regular firearm purchase seem lightning quick.

If you think of it, mind posting some pictures and what grade you ordered? Been wanting one for a while myself.

www.odb.org
Old August 24, 2015, 08:45 AM   #9
maxxhavoc

I don't know if you are aware of this, but the CMP forums have a thread for people in the same shape as you. People give you the order date, CC card charge date, and receipt date so you can get a good estimate of when yours will arrive. Oh, and you can see pictures of the lucky ones, and what they got.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....28081&page=999
Old August 24, 2015, 11:20 PM   #10
DaisyCutter

Haha, I've been lurking the CMP forums.

It hit my credit card today. Getting closer!
Old August 24, 2015, 11:52 PM   #11
Tinpig

I got my two a year apart (one Field Grade, one Service Grade) when the wait was 3-4 months. Actually, the anticipation just made it better when those long heavy boxes finally came.

You will be very happy!!!!

Tinpig
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #12
DaisyCutter

The Garand is on the move, finally.

The S/N is 5821###.

I did a search and it looks like it's a 1955 manufacture year, Springfield. It won't have much historical value (never dragged across Normandy), but hopefully it'll be a low mileage and tight service grade.
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM   #13
Reloadron
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyCutter View Post
The Garand is on the move, finally.

The S/N is 5821###.

I did a search and it looks like it's a 1955 manufacture year, Springfield. It won't have much historical value (never dragged across Normandy), but hopefully it'll be a low mileage and tight service grade.
Somewhere around February of 1955 give or take. I am sure it will be a sweet rifle and a great shooter. I enjoy shooting mine I know.

Ron
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #14
maxxhavoc

Wow. Those things are moving fast these days. I had to wait 10 months.

I bet somebody is going to call in sick Monday....or has it not shipped yet?