Quantcast
Photoshoot in state park with rifle...what do you think? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 24, 2014, 01:47 PM   #1
SilentStalker

Photoshoot in state park with rifle...what do you think?

Ok guys, I would like to do a photoshoot with one of my rifles in a state/national park somewhere. I am wondering what all kind of hurdles I am going to have to jump to make that happen and not freak anyone out. Has anyone done something like that?
Old October 24, 2014, 01:51 PM   #2
Doc7
Contributing Member

Should be no problem in a state park where hunting is allowed...
Old October 24, 2014, 02:01 PM   #3
cat_IT_guy

Or, be proactive and stop into the ranger station before hand so they are aware, that way you head off any phone calls of "OMG theres a guy with a gun!!"
Old October 24, 2014, 02:13 PM   #4
Mainsail

Let’s see, there are 50 different states- all with different state, county, local laws, rules, and codes- that run the gamut from ‘bring whatever wherever whenever’ to ‘don’t even think about having a poptart chewed into the shape of a gun’.

Sure, I’ll get right on that.
Old October 24, 2014, 02:33 PM   #5
wojownik

Well, come on, his profile does say he's "somewhere in the U.S., London, or Australia."

So, probably not a good idea in a London park. Other than that, need a bit more of a geographic parameter ...
Old October 24, 2014, 02:38 PM   #6
CWL

C'mon guys, he's probably talkin' about Australian parks!
Old October 24, 2014, 03:19 PM   #7
SilentStalker

Haha. Sorry guys, its in the SE in and around TN, AL, FL, GA and MS.

Last edited by SilentStalker; October 24, 2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old October 24, 2014, 05:34 PM   #8
Delford

Like Doc7 said...
Old October 24, 2014, 06:12 PM   #9
The_Next_Generation

SilentStalker, the government already knows that you own guns, and already knows your location thanks to your IP Address. I would think such a senior member of this forum would know that we can't help unless specific information about where this will take place is provided. Until then, we can only speculate and say "check your local laws blah blah blah".

In which park do you wish to do this in? It makes a difference.

In the United States, the laws in National Parks can be VERY different than the laws for National Forests. In the SE, you should be good to go for state parks and National Forests, but as stated already, check the books.
Old October 24, 2014, 06:33 PM   #10
Reloadron
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStalker View Post
Haha. Sorry guys, its in the SE in and around TN, AL, FL, GA and MS.
Each state has their own laws governing what you may or may not do in a state park. National parks have rules park by park. Make it real simple and check the local and state laws. I would think anyone who travels would know that.

Quote:
its in the SE in and around TN, AL, FL, GA and MS
Pick one and check with the state authorities.

Ron