Quantcast
Spending a night in Seattle tomorrow on my way back to Alaska and need help - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM   #1
dallssheep

Spending a night in Seattle tomorrow on my way back to Alaska and need help

I was wondering if there were any locals that could point me in the right direction of stores that I can buy ammo from. I am specifically looking for 7.62x39 Soft points (Tula, wolf, herters) 10mm, and .22 bricks if available. Where im from they dont have SP wolf/tula/herters and the FMJ boxes cost about 11$ a box so looking for someplace cheaper than that!

Are there any go to stores in the area? I have a short amount of time and will be renting a car so hoping to streamline the shopping process while there.

Last edited by dallssheep; Yesterday at 12:29 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #2
silicosys4

There is a Cabela's about 15 miles north of Seattle on the I-5 that I have had good luck with,
There is also another Cabela's about 50 miles south of Seattle on the I-5
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM   #3
rodregier

Since you are presumably traveling by air check into the per passenger weight limits for ammunition specifically. It would bite to make a nice ammo score and find it is over the weight limit.

Example:
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/tra...-firearms.aspx

Ammunition

On Alaska Airlines flights 001-999 and flights 2000-2999, up to 50 lbs.(domestic) and 11 lbs. (international - where permitted) may be checked. Customers checking in or connecting to Alaska Airlines flights 3440-3499 are limited to 11 lbs. of ammunition. Ammunition must be securely packed in the original manufacturer's package or in a container designed for ammunition and of sufficient strength to protect it from accidental crushing or discharge (i.e. wood, fiber, plastic, or metal). The projectile must be no larger than 11/16" in diameter, the size of a dime. Ammunition may be checked with or separately from the firearm. Spent ammunition shells will be accepted in checked baggage provided they meet the same acceptance procedures as live ammunition (e.g. packed in a crush-proof case)
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #4
dallssheep

I will see if i can make it out of Seattle but ideally it would be nice to find one in the city and near the airport. Thanks for that recommendation silicosys4!

Thank you for looking out for me rodregier! I am aware of the 50lb weight limit and have brought 2 empty bags to check just for that reason! If only I could carry Primers and powder! That would be the bees knees!
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #5
splattergun

There's a Sportsmans Warehouse in Federal Way, not too from SeaTac.

“Thieves for their robbery have authority,
When judges steal themselves.”
Measure f. Measure, ii. 2.
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #6
bonza

Really not much available in Seattle-proper, but Adventure Sports in Lynnwood (about 18 miles north) would be worth a try.

Garrison Keillor: Lake Wobegon Days
Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM   #7
montanaoffroader

X2 on Adventure Sports in Lynnwood. It's a small place but they usually have a decent selection. I stop in whenever I'm in the Seattle area.

You might try also try Outdoor Emporium - 1701 4th Ave S., Seattle. I know they have ammo, but not sure how their selection is these days.