Quantcast
Proposed gun range in Farmers Branch - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 1, 2015, 07:23 AM   #1
jlr1962

Proposed gun range in Farmers Branch

Farmers Branch city council is voting on the proposed location for a new range in their fine city. This range would be about 1/4 mile or so south of Beltline and Midway.

What can be done? I am not a Farmers Branch resident, but I do pay property taxes to the Carroton/Farmers Branch ISD.

Mods, move this if needed.

In God we trust. Everybody else pays cash.
Old September 1, 2015, 10:45 AM   #2
Ed Ames

That would be cool. That area is an older commercial area with a lot of single story concrete buildings, perfect place to drop an indoor range.

If they open, I know where I'll be spending some of my lunch breaks.
Old September 1, 2015, 11:37 AM   #3
ClickClickD'oh

Good luck with this. The old post office building is a good choice to refurbish into a indoor gun range, but there's a whole lot of NIMBYs up in arms because some... well, not so bright people, decided to put a small private school in the middle of an industrial zone.. and think of the children!!! Never mind that there is another building between the two, the children might see guns, then what? Yeah... people are actually saying that in city council meetings... children might see guns.. OMG!

I fear this one is doomed by the NIMBYs.. which ironically don't have a BY in the fight since, like I said... Industrial Zone.
Old September 1, 2015, 08:00 PM   #4
jlr1962

Well, I hope it goes well for them. The meeting is going on now.

I used to work close by as well. Good place for a range.

The drive to a range for me after work sucks at this time. 35E, is in full construction mode. It seems like it has been that way since I moved here in 81.

They could charge out the wazoo.

Old September 1, 2015, 09:05 PM   #5
EIB0879

Now that Elm Fork has dried out I'll be shooting more. But we can always use another range here.
Old September 1, 2015, 09:36 PM   #6
jlr1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIB0879 View Post
Now that Elm Fork has dried out I'll be shooting more. But we can always use another range here.
Is their 100 yard range ready yet? It looked like a dried up pond with a foot of water in the bench area a couple weeks ago. I called last week, they said the 100 yard would not be ready until mid September at best.

Old September 1, 2015, 09:56 PM   #7
EIB0879

I was going to call to see if the 100 yard range was open before the weekend. 50 yard range is open.
Old September 3, 2015, 06:14 AM   #8
jlr1962

There was more talk on the news a few minutes ago about the proposed range. It seems that the school is moving out in 2 years. The news story said that the info was not mentioned at the hearing. It missed by a 3-2 vote. Maybe there is still hope.