Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 107 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 5, 2008, 07:33 PM   #2651
turnbolt555

hello all,
my handle is turnbolt555 for this forum i am retired now and have the time
(not the money) to do what i like. i retired from utility electrical work and gunsmithing. the feds decided i was not selling enough guns to warrant me keeping my ffl, so they picked it up. now i am a retired gunsmith.
i have been a shooter almost all of my life, and keenly interested in guns of all sorts. i built my first zipgun when i was eleven and been improving sence.
i built my own .50 bmg boltgun from scratch thus the name turnbolt.
i reload and have shot many thousands of rounds.
pistolcraft and longrange highpower rifle are my favorites.
i have owned,reloaded for, shot and worked on a hell-of-a bunch of different firearms, and have opinions on most. still willing to learn tho.

if my little knowlege is a help to anyone i'll be happy to offer it....jmat
AKA TURNBOLT555
Old September 5, 2008, 09:51 PM   #2652
koehlerrk

Greetings all from Upstate New York. Yes, there is more to this state than NYC.

Been in and out browsing for the last couple months, figured I'd sign up and make it official.

I like hunting, fishing, teaching my kids to shoot, making wine, eating good food, and meeting new friends. I read and believe what's written in my Bible, I believe that freedom isn't free, and that the second ammendment means exactly what it says. As Charleton Heston put it, "From my cold, dead, hands."

Glad to be here.

Rick
Old September 7, 2008, 02:16 AM   #2653
Joat

New to THR and a natural born tinkerer

Not much for gabbin, but learning from others success or failures and lookin at somethin with a new perspective, and seriously considering other nuts hair brained ideas and adding my two cents worth are what interest me about this place. I've been lurkin and learning for awhile, and think there is a whole lot to gain from the fine people here, hope I can give others some ideas or at least something to think about in return.
I was raised with rifles, pistols and shot guns. My dad use to be a Marine DI and if it went boom or could cause damage he was into it. To call him a gun nut would be an understatment, he was a weapon nut and a gun smith and a balistics gurue.
I'm a result of his trying to pass on what he knew was of value, such things as honor respect for weapons and their uses as well as respect for others.
I started looking at THR because I looking into a class of weapon that I have ignored for far too long....the cap and ball revolver. I'm looking forward to selecting my first one and going through the fit and reworking the action even befor I fire it for the first time....I love to tinker and make my own parts an such. I got a bit long winded for not being a gabber, so I'll cut out my yappin and see if I can attach a pic of my last project, a little .410 house gun that I urbanized.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (398.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 004.jpg (368.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 005.jpg (360.4 KB, 7 views)
Old September 7, 2008, 06:17 AM   #2654
Chisel Head

Hi!
I once owned a 9mm Browning which was a pleasant weapon to use. The rubber grip was a pleasant option, added to the extremely low recoil. I sold it, before moving to Europe (I didn't know how I could take it with me, without running into some legal hassle) and have retained a .22 caliber squirrel rifle, with scope, which I bought, once I've obtained a driver's licence. That's still at my parent's house, maybe.
Here in Germany, gun ownership is heavily controled. The present laws, designed for post-war disarmament and submission, are antiquated. Since, criminals enjoy gun ownership, despite
By the way, why doesn't anyone use avatars here? If I had known that, from the start, I soitently wouldn't have used a 3 Stooges synonym to begin with. Nyuk, nyu, nyuk
Old September 7, 2008, 09:41 AM   #2655
BUD101

Im a new member

Im intoall types of hunting and fishing and camping. I like military stuff and like bows and guns.Right now Im trying to find a new cheap 22lr.
Old September 8, 2008, 12:38 AM   #2656
Gary D

Hi, New member here. I am past 55 and looking hard at 60.Thanks to my dad
I have been hunting since I was big enough to carry a gun.I am just an average joe,no big collection of guns.I have and still use a remington model 552 (bought it when I was 19) for most of my squirrel and rabbit hunting,a remington model 700 for deer hunting, an old stevens 12 guage pump that I have not used in years.Here recently I purchased two .40 cal sw for me and the wife.I also bought a remington model 870 with an 18 inch barrel with tube extension for a (house gun).Don't call me paranoid I just don't like what is looming on the horizon.
Gary
Old September 8, 2008, 05:26 AM   #2657
Splodge Of Doom

Likewise, I'm new here. I just turned 19, and I live in the UK (sympathy accepted.)

I mainly shoot 20 yards target because that's all that's available, and I use club rifles because it's likely to be at least 6 months before I am issued my FAC (aargh!).

I'm joining the military when I finish college.
Old September 8, 2008, 09:24 AM   #2658
Chisel Head

Once you join the military, you'll be about as well armed as the British passport holding criminals in your country of which, somehow, has the most stringent firearms laws in Europe, Mate
Old September 8, 2008, 12:19 PM   #2659
DocMort1754

Im a new member, I own various weapons all used for hunting. I am currently in the Army, Deployed but will be coming home for deer season once again. Nothing like the sound of a bullet hitting a nice piece of venison in the shoulder.
Old September 8, 2008, 12:53 PM   #2660
Chisel Head

Or better yet, the sound of my choppers hitting a chunk of that roasted venison, after grating some fresh horseradish root on it
Old September 8, 2008, 03:28 PM   #2661
shrike29

Hello! Another new member here. I'm interested in handguns and rifles and am looking to get involved in competition for both. I've recently returned to shooting after a long time away and am looking forward to learning more.

Paul
Old September 8, 2008, 07:40 PM   #2662
RevDerb

Hi, I was pointed to this site from the BersaForum web site and discovered a really nice forum here. I will be regular reading and posting as time moves forward. VERY nice.

I support McCain-Palin

Old September 8, 2008, 07:42 PM   #2663
Duke Junior

Welcome to THR, Rev.
Watch out for those endorsements!
Old September 8, 2008, 07:53 PM   #2664
RevDerb

Hi, I was pointed to this site from the BersaForum web site and discovered a really nice forum here. I will be regular reading and posting as time moves forward. VERY nice.

I support McCain-Palin

Old September 8, 2008, 07:54 PM   #2665
scrat

for sure welcome aboard
Old September 8, 2008, 07:55 PM   #2666
neviander

Welcome
Old September 8, 2008, 07:57 PM   #2667
mainebear

Welcome to the THR. Lots and lots of nice folks with great info and really great minds. Nice and clean and respectful too.
Old September 8, 2008, 08:09 PM   #2668
VARifleman

Good to have you on board.
Old September 9, 2008, 04:08 AM   #2669
Chisel Head

Wow! This place gets alot of business
Old September 9, 2008, 07:02 AM   #2670
brokexj

I'm in SE VA, Interesting site, seems to be well rounded. I though I had done this but this is my 2nd post. Josh
Old September 9, 2008, 09:47 AM   #2671
tracman2

Cool

New Texan member this week..59 this month... lifelong shotgunner and waterfowler...getting back to early affection for handgunning..now have time..and resources to immerse myself as "retired" handgun user. Particulary concerned about my rght to carry, my right to arm myself, and my right to protect my family...

"If thou chooseth to attackth mine home or mine family...prepareth to taketh incoming"
Old September 9, 2008, 11:06 AM   #2672
Lucky Luciano

Hello folks, I am a new Austin, Texas member here.

I've just recently gotten into shooting but have been overtaken with the sport. I've been visiting the range weekly and have improved a lot with my CZ-75 and Remington 870. Oh yeah, I've got a little Walther P22 as well.

I'm still fairly young (under 25) but am lucky enough to have a decent job that can support this awesome hobby.

I'm still learning a lot, and am looking to buy a rifle and some sort of revolver in the near future.

Last edited by Lucky Luciano; September 10, 2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old September 10, 2008, 11:03 AM   #2673
Firstonthebadlist

Greetings

I'm from SE. MN. I just found this site and it looks great. I shoot defensive handgun and some rifle. I'm also politically active on our 2A rights. I have been reloading for a couple of years now and hope to get some good information here. Thanks Bob
Old September 10, 2008, 09:04 PM   #2674
dannyrblock

Another THR newbie

Hi all,

Just joined a couple days ago, found this thread regarding introductions. Originally from Iowa, now living in the Sierra foothills outside Grass Valley CA - yeah, real close to where my childhood hero lives....Chuck Yeager. Been shooting most of my life - Boy Scouts Marksmanship, Viet Nam vet, etc. All my guns are pretty old: Mauser GEW98, SMLE Model 4 Mk1, S&W Mod 15-3 & 19-3, a Paramount .32 (Ruby-type) a Nambu Model 94, and 3 Remingtons: 511 Scoremaster, 512-X Sportmaster & a model 870 Wingmaster. The Mauser, Enfield, Paramount & S&W's all came out of an auction of Universal Studios prop department's armory, the Remingtons and the Nambu came from my Dad. I enjoy everything about them, and I shoot all of them, but I'm getting a bit overwhelmed by the cost of the ammo. Guess I need to get the right equipment & learn how to reload where I can - especially the big bores.

Lots and lots of useful information on this site - THANKS!!!
Old September 11, 2008, 08:18 AM   #2675
Chisel Head

Is your Mauser Czech- or German made?