Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 108 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 11, 2008, 10:47 AM   #2676
NWGunner

HighRoad Newbie

Hello Everyone. I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join the community officially. TheHighRoad is by far the best gun-related forum I've ever had the pleasure to read. I live and work in the Seattle area and am a Mechanical/Biomedical Engineer by trade. I enjoy collecting, shooting and hope to get into reloading soon.
Old September 11, 2008, 01:01 PM   #2677
spuscg

i've been on tfl for a while, so decided to check this site out, i heard of it a few times on tfl
Old September 11, 2008, 04:31 PM   #2678
bearhardwood

hi, every one I'm new here and I think I will enjoy getting to talk with all of you

A little about my self , I have deep love for all things wild ,nature , animals , open spaces ,wild wemon . I like my matching black hawks 30cal 30 car. and my W model 94 30-30. I'm a little rock and roll and a little western .Like every other long haired red neck horse back half breed i grew up hunting fishing and enjoying nature target practicing in the back yard swimming in the iragation chanel in the summer under the pecan trees.
Old September 11, 2008, 09:36 PM   #2679
WheelgunZealot

Lightbulb

Hello! I think my user name accurately explains where my interests lie.

I currently own a Taurus model 66 revolver (seven shot, 4" barrel in satin stainless) and reload my own .357 magnum cartridges using hand dies and a mallet. I enjoy taking my time crafting each round until it is "just right" instead of cranking out boxes of rounds with a progressive press. I also posses an interest in competing in IDPA, but my work schedule conflicts with their meetings at my local indoor shooting range. And, alas, without work I cannot play.
Old September 11, 2008, 09:39 PM   #2680
NonConformist

I missed this thread somehow!

Hello! NonC here, formerly of ArfCom and I hang at Florida Shooters

Im a absolute Pro 2A person and have no tolerance for various things like rights being made priveleges via permits etc and am a rights absolutist!
Old September 11, 2008, 10:22 PM   #2681
cajun 48

Hi gang, old new guy here from Ladson S.C. 22 year Navy vet. Been retired almost another 20. Like handguns mostly, own a m&p 45 and a buckmark plinker. Looks like a real nice forum with lots of helpful info. ajb
Old September 12, 2008, 12:25 PM   #2682
GPossenti

Hello, from NW Louisiana!

I'm 28 years old, wasn't raised around guns, never fired a gun before college, never fired a pistol before June.

In June I bought an XD45C for potential concealed carry, and visit the range twice a month and shoot 200 rds each visit. I took my Concealed Carry class last week and have participated in various gun safety, shooting lessons, and carry tactics classes. I also joined the Real World Practical Shooters club to learn more about safe carry and use of my firearm.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife bought me a Marlin 336 .30-30 for our anniversary. I plan on shooting it for the first time tomorrow.

It's good to meet all of you and I look forward to learning and continuing to direct my mental compass toward an attitude of self-reliance and self-protection.
Old September 12, 2008, 12:32 PM   #2683
Rokyudai

Welcome to the forum GPossenti and welcome to the lifestyle!

Stay safe and have fun!

Rok
Old September 12, 2008, 12:32 PM   #2684
Norinco982lover

Welcome! Good to have you here be sure to check out all of the other forum sections

p.s. move this up to the introduce yourself to THR thread pls
Old September 12, 2008, 01:15 PM   #2685
GlockGirl4

Hello Everyone!
I just joined today... hoping to find alot of information here. I am looking to purchase my first gun when my permit is finalized ... another interview today.. I have been around them my entire life and love shooting.. yes this girl can hit the spot with a glock!!
did very well at the class.. the guys were shocked.. lol.
a girl with a gun is scary some say..
i say a girl with a gun is smart when a wolf is chasing you and shes packin! I have my brand new Jeep JK and just waiting to get my glock offically... right now its under dads permit. lol.
Old September 12, 2008, 04:27 PM   #2686
graygun

Hi,I joined 2 days ago. I found out about this site from a friend at work;he's a member(don't know his UN at this time).

I bought a Ruger SR9 about 3 wks ago. It's a 330-XXXXX sn, so it will go back for the mods some time. It has about 420 rds through it so far;don't like the trigger feel but that'll be improved at the factory. It's fine other than that.

I'm new to pistols. Besides mine,I've fired a Sig 9mm,Kimber 45 and a Glock 40 recently. Fired M14 and M16 in the Army decades ago and 200 rds from a M1 Garand in the early 80s. I have a Cooey 22 ,10-shot-mag rifle, that's about 32 yrs old....thousands of rds have exited it.

Bye for now..........Dan
Old September 13, 2008, 06:53 AM   #2687
Chisel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockGirl4
...i say a girl with a gun is smart when a wolf is chasing you and shes packin!...
Does a smart girl unpack, when the wolf whistles?
Old September 13, 2008, 02:50 PM   #2688
jordan1948

Hey ya'll I'm new, ma name's Jordan I'm 16 and I'm in Abilene, TX. Although I'm rather young I'm a gun enthusiast or fanatic which ever you prefer lol I've been into firearms and hunting since I was 13 and my parents don't buy any of my guns I have to work hard and make my own money to buy them so I appreciate the guns' worth and value and always treat my firearms with respect as if they were an expensive tool that I wouldn't want to break(which they are in my opinion) anyways just thought I'd introduce myself
Old September 13, 2008, 04:01 PM   #2689
DeadHorrorFan

Missed this sticky when I first passed through...might as well introduce myself now. Been into guns since I was probably 7 or 8 years old, but only been collecting for the last 10 or so years. Starting to get into more "primitive" guns such as single shot and double barrel shotguns, single shot rifles and six guns. Been into military type rifles for ages, and polymer framed high cap pistols. Guess I'm starting to move backwards...
Old September 14, 2008, 06:11 AM   #2690
Chisel Head

Sort of like those car buffs who tinker with those repairable old muscle cars as a vacation away from the technical-electronic nightmare of modern vehicles
Old September 14, 2008, 04:02 PM   #2691
TiAgM3

Hello all, i'm from Washington state. Recently went out shooting and it peaked my interest. I've been spending some time researching here and at the range to find a good CCW.
Old September 14, 2008, 08:01 PM   #2692
Disgruntled

Hello all, Mark from the Republic of Illinois, and not real happy about this state's politics. Having said that, great board, happy to be here! Interests include weapons of all types, martial arts, music and more.
I'm not really disgruntled, that's more about my band http://www.disgruntledoldmen.com
Old September 15, 2008, 02:00 AM   #2693
rdwhahb

Just saying hello to everyone!! I've been lurking forever it seems...time to join. Lots to learn, some to say. THX for the chance.

John
Old September 15, 2008, 02:10 AM   #2694
sm

Welcome to new folks!

Hey Staff! We gots some more new folks, you better order more pizza and drinks!

Just hang on, I gotcha covered. Some folks just do not realize how much time I spend training the Staff around here. *wink*

Oh Staff! Don't forget them baked Cheddar Goldfish treats, we gots some kids and dawgs that need spoiling along with the new folks.

*I stay in trouble around here*
Old September 15, 2008, 03:25 AM   #2695
Chisel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm
...*I stay in trouble around here*...
With a handle like that, it's not surprising
Old September 16, 2008, 05:19 AM   #2696
kcbnac

Quote:
Hi!
This thread is a place for new THR members to introduce themselves.

Tell us a little about who you are and what kind of gun stuff you're interested in!
Grew up with guns - Cub/Boy Scouts, family farm. Decided to get a handgun when I was living in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/Saint Paul) - like all kinds, probably end up with a little bit of everything. (Have an XD, looking at a M1 Garand, M1A, and AR, among others)
Old September 16, 2008, 09:50 PM   #2697
disston

New to this forum because I like the rules. Now watch I'll be the next one to be called on breaking one of them. Really will try to behave.

Only owned guns for about 4 years. Have:
1903 Springfield from CMP
1911 Argentino rechambered to 30-06
CZ 27 .32 acp
CZ 53 7.62x25 Tokarev
Beretta 950B .25
Ruger Single Six 22 both cylinders
Browning Hi-Power .40 S&W w/ Laser Grips
H&K USP Tactical .45 acp Desert Tan w/ H&K light
Ruger P85 9mm

disston
Old September 17, 2008, 12:07 AM   #2698
jerry46

Hello, my name is Jerry. I have lived in Florida for the past 31 years but grew up in Pennsylvania. I have been around guns all my life and never tire of them. I have a number of long guns and a number of handguns, mostly revolvers. I love revolvers.

I have been reading this forum for some months now and probably the main reason I joined is because of the 336 club, 39A club and 686 club, and of course to get to meet some of you fine folks. There has to be a wealth of knowledge here.

Last edited by jerry46; September 17, 2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: missed spelled word
Old September 17, 2008, 02:19 AM   #2699
Chisel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by diston
...CZ 27 .32 acp; CZ 53 7.62x25 Tokarev
I'm partial to any machine products made behind the former iron curtain. I occasionally run into non-armamental products, from over there, in my line of work, and am disappointed at the lack of perfectionism. Something about a plan economy and it's ingrained remnants, I guess. The absolute horror I experienced, while viewing an Aeroflot museum displayed aircraft with Cyrillic writing forged onto the landing gear That's only one step away from the ultimate horror of flying in an aircraft where the Chinese alphabet gets stamped onto the wing. Especially, if it's cast from carbon-composite material.
I won't touch anything produced south- and east of Germany, unless it's edible
Old September 17, 2008, 02:38 AM   #2700
mtruette

Greetings! I am new and still trying to figure this system out. I am a Deputy Sheriff in Florida and retired once then started back to work. Spent some time over seas on a contract after I retired and when I finished my contracts I decided to work in the States. I have several pistols and rifles but the newest weapon is an AR 6.8 I had made by a friend (TriggerHappy) to my specs. Just got the barrell broke in and trying new ammunition. Tactical and Practical shooting are my interest. Look forward to swapping info and tall tales with everyone.