Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 109 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 17, 2008, 05:10 PM   #2701
Andy-Y

Hi, new member but long time lurker. found this site looking for concealed carry info. Been hunting and shooting since I was about 15 years old, and just bought my first handgun (G17). Tons of great info here guys, thanks for the great website!
Old September 17, 2008, 09:01 PM   #2702
devo1123

Howdy

Hey, I joined GeorgiaPacking.org about a month ago. I've been a shooter since I was a little kid with my Red Ryder and haven't looked back since. I live in Georgia and pretty much love everything about firearms and archery. My dream gun is a Barrett 82A1 so I think I'll get a REC7 first.

Cheers!

GeorgiaCarry.org Member
Old September 17, 2008, 11:07 PM   #2703
wolf1603

Greetings from Prescott, AZ

Hello I am 21 years old. I enjoy outdoors, shooting, gold panning, and a good book. I have two unmarked 38 specials, a glock .45 ACP, and a Savage 30-06.
Old September 18, 2008, 04:58 PM   #2704
bgrosse52

hi i'm a 56 yr old coonass
love single shoots big conter fan
shoot 30herret 44mag and like most mid range rifle rounds
long range pistol shooting at leased out to 220yds
old ihmsa shooter
Old September 19, 2008, 01:16 AM   #2705
TBC122

Hello members of THR.

I figured since i had just registered, I figured I would kick off my boots and have the courtesy to introduce myself in your house.

My name is Tyler, I am a senior in college about to end my degree in AdminJ. I have been shooting for a little over half my 22 years. Over the past 5 I have gotten quite serious about it. When I am not shooting, reloading, or in school I am working our out in my Jeep. Not going to write a novel but in a nutshell, that is me.

Looking forward to getting acquainted with some of the members here and contribute in any way I can.
Old September 19, 2008, 10:15 PM   #2706
waterhill

Howdy

Must admit I have been lurking here for a number of years and value the information posted. Due to a misfortunate situation I will be couch-bound for a while ( ACL/meniscus surgery ). I have decided to make myself known having awoken from a codeine induced stupor. Will definitely donate some money after I settle with medical bills. Look forward to sober interaction with yall.
Old September 20, 2008, 03:02 AM   #2707
Chisel Head

You might be writing best, before the buzz wears off
If you still have money, after you get done paying your medical bills, it might be worth making friends with you
Old September 20, 2008, 11:19 AM   #2708
waterhill

LOL.
Old September 20, 2008, 12:59 PM   #2709
LongHairedHippy

Hey everybody, I'm located in Columbia, Missouri, and figured i'd go ahead and introduce myself here before spreading out to the rest of THR. I'm turning 21 next friday, so i got myself a present i'll be posting then once i pick it up. I've owned guns for about five years now, but I've been around them my whole life. Grew up outside of Atlanta, Georgia for most of my life but came here for school. Unfortunately, my entire collection currently lives with my parents in VA until i can get a suitable safe here

My current collection: (detailed posts in respective forums will come once i get some pictures)

Beretta AL391 12 ga. (my first gun, a christmas present from my father)

Remington 11 12ga (inherited from grandfather. it was his first duck gun. i'll never shoot it.)

Ruger 10/22 (first gun i ever bought with my own hard-earned money)

Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (they're $90)

Calico Liberty 100 9mm

Sigarms GSR (placed a deposit, picking it up next friday!)

also: I'm not a hippy, nor do i have long hair. It's just a nickname i picked up back in high school that's been an internet constant for me since.

Last edited by LongHairedHippy; September 20, 2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: oops
Old September 20, 2008, 02:30 PM   #2710
el bastado

hi everyone i live in reynoldsburg ohio and i enjoy firearm discussion boards . i hope to get to know everyone on here
Old September 20, 2008, 07:04 PM   #2711
NEXT23

New guy here, I have recently gotten bitten by the firearm bug. Always owned guns but now I'm getting serious.

Currently own -

Handguns -

Glock 27 .40 Cal.
Bryco Arms .380's
Colt John Wayne Commemorative
Colt Combat Commander .45
Colt .357
Colt SAA in .357, .22, .45, and .44
Colt Python .357
S&W .38 Special
S&W .22
Dan Wesson .357

Rifles -

Marlin .35 Rem.
Marlin .22
Maadi ARM - AK-47
Colt AR-15
Danzig Mauser 8mm
Ruger 10/.22
Mossberg & Sons .22
Winchester Crazy Horse Commemorative
Winchester John Wayne Commemorative
Winchester Oliver F. Winchester Commemorative

Shotguns -

Winchester 1400 12 Ga.
Winchester 1200 12 Ga.
My first gun, a K-Mart .410
Winchester Model 41 410 bolt action
Harrington and Richardson single shot 12 gauge

Hope to have some good discussion!
Old September 20, 2008, 08:35 PM   #2712
Peter K

New here, known as El Chimango Pete, sometimes as 'Q', in other gun forums, been with and around guns for more than half a century I guess.
Glad to have found you folk, and look forward to getting acquainted.

Q
Old September 21, 2008, 01:52 AM   #2713
oldbiker

need to know if anyone nows about kessler modle 30c 12ga. i would like to find out about its age.
Old September 21, 2008, 02:29 AM   #2714
Chisel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next23
...Currently own - Handguns -
Glock 27 .40 Cal.
Bryco Arms .380's....
You don't even own anything in 9mm caliber (yet?)
Old September 21, 2008, 03:21 AM   #2715
NEXT23

Nope.

Its on the list to get, but getting a bolt action rifle first, and another 1911.
Old September 21, 2008, 12:39 PM   #2716
blueballs

Hey guys, my name is Chad, I live in Maryland and I am an avid gun lover and Libertarian. But believe it or not, I only own one shotgun for the time being, I had to sell my stash for various reasons I won't mention here. I'm in the process of looking for a nice handgun, so once I get it, I'll post info about it. Just found this site through a post on The Straight Dope forums and it looked interesting, so I will stick around and see what you guys are all about. Tanks for having me !
Old September 22, 2008, 04:12 AM   #2717
ChCx2744

10-41 Introduction

I'm Chris. I am a firm supporter of all pro-firearm issues. I encourage and advocate self-defense for all my friends and loved ones. I always ALWAYS stress saftey. I believe that firearm ownership and training should be availible to all the responsible and able-bodied citizens of this fine country of the free. I've worked for DKPD for 2 years and "HOOOUH!!!" to all the men and women across seas and also to those right here in the states wearing my beloved blue line. As for my collection so far, I own a Beretta 92G, CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical, Remington 700 SPS and Remington 870 Tactical (Yes, my collection sucks but I like them all).

PS: O.C.G.A. 16-11-130...*Grins*

10-42 Introduction
Old September 22, 2008, 12:26 PM   #2718
guernseyrifleman

I am Mark Spungin, President of the Wyoming State Shooting Assn. I am a retired US Army Master Sergeant and a double distinguished competitive shooter. In civilian life I have been a hard-rock miner and Registered nurse.
I remember how good things were before the evil gun control act of 1968. We have given up way too much and I for one have no intention of giving up any of my rights. Rights cannot be taken away, they can only be given up.
My new novel Neither Predator Nor Prey www.neitherpredatornorprey.com is one I believe THR readers will enjoy. The US senate ratifies the UN global gun ban treaty and a vigorous enforcement effort is launched. In Wyoming, however, there are those who like the old ways just fine and have no intention of complying.. The book is humorous as well as offering up useful information and giving hope.
Old September 22, 2008, 04:10 PM   #2719
Cap'n Dan

Hello,
Have been reading for a while , just joined today.
Louisiana resident, Merchant Marine by trade, American by birth, free by grace of God. Nice to meet you all
Old September 22, 2008, 06:53 PM   #2720
Miami Wiseguy

Hey i'm a new member with a love for all types of guns. Curently own a mini-14 ranch folding in SS, Remington 870 w/ar-15 type stock, a Cobray Mac 11/9 ,Glock 22 & 19, Sig P230, S&W 3 inch model 65, Colt 6 inch police .38, and a Colt .45 Series 70 1911. The collection slowly grows.
Old September 22, 2008, 06:57 PM   #2721
Tacbandit

Fairly new myself, but welcome to all of you...
Old September 22, 2008, 09:47 PM   #2722
bandreassen

New member from NC

Recently decided to persue my interest in shooting and owning a handgun. Have been to the range a few times and renting to see what feels right. Hope to learn as much as I can from the members here.
Old September 23, 2008, 03:15 AM   #2723
Chisel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueballs
...Hey guys, my name is Chad, I live in Maryland and I am an avid gun lover and Libertarian...
I hope that handle of yours is purely coincidental and not affiliated with persons existing or fictitious
Old September 23, 2008, 07:35 AM   #2724
shinz

Hi, I'm new to THR, I kept getting hits on here when I was Googling for stuff & liked what I saw, a nice kind of mannerly place. I'm a bit out of the way to most of you, being a Kiwi (New Zealander) myself, & have been a hunter, shooter , reloader & gun tinkerer for longer than I'm going to admit. I stepped away from shooting for some years but with a growing family of boys, it was a natural course to find my way back. I'm looking forward to joining in.
Steve
Old September 23, 2008, 07:45 AM   #2725
6_gunner

Welcome!

Its always nice to hear from gunnies outside of the U.S. Its good to know that we're not the only ones to still have a gun culture.

I'm sure you'll like it here. Most everyone is polite and civil, as you noted, and the volume of information here is amazing. Its a great resource.
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."--Josey Wales