Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 115 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 28, 2008, 09:25 PM   #2851
hso

Welcome to everyone.

Please take the time to look around and read what's available. The THR Library is a marvelous resource all by itself.

If you search for the answer to a question you'll find plenty of knowledgeable folks around to help.

Remember that THR is intended to be a place where civil discussions of firearms issues takes place. Our mission is to serve as a clear counter to the characterization by the antis that RKBA advocates are a bunch of juvenile vulgar posturing thugs that can't be trusted with firearms.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old October 29, 2008, 12:24 AM   #2852
yeti14

Hello,
I live in Spokane, WA. I love anything that goes bang. Im into it all but military surplus holds a big place in my heart. I love to hunt big game, upland, ducks, and turkey. Im currently a student at ICN, Washington State U., I can wait until Dec. when I graduate...so I can "invest" my first pay check into some new boom sticks.
Old October 29, 2008, 09:52 AM   #2853
gypseylee2

Hi, I'm a new member. My name is Wendy, from Georgia. I started shooting just about a year ago when someone introduced me to the "Women on Target" program. I have to say I love my hand guns, all semi-automatics. I have 4 M&P 9mm's (My favorites). I shoot a lot of matches, IDPA as well as IPSC and try to shoot at least 4 matches a month. About 4 months ago I started to get into long guns, I now have 3, a berretta cx4 storm, styer aug (replica) and my most favorite is my AR. Participated in my first 2 gun shoot a month ago and came in right in the middle of the pack, to my surprize! I am a training fanatic! So far in a year's time I've trained with Emanual Bragg in Frostproof an IPSC Grand Master, Tom Givens, Matt Burkett, Chuck Hemlke Tom Stiedham and last but not least With James Yeagar at Tacticle Response: Fighting pistol, advanced fighting pistol, fighting rifle, advanced fighting rifle and force on force.
Old October 29, 2008, 09:09 PM   #2854
hiker44

Finally time to sit and talk...

I'm a retired computer tech, parts manager, aircraft electrician and amateur radio operator. I live in the mountains, where I hike when I can, drive my ATV when I can't hike. My carry is a S&W 329PD with 500Mag grips for recoil protection (no it doesn't make it fun, but it doesn't hurt as much). I also have a nice 6" S&W 66, Springfield P9LSP in .40S&W, Browning Buckmark, Taurus 4" .357 ported, and a few shotguns, .22's and such. I have military service under my belt and am familiar with Colorado's CCW statutes. I also believe that a gun free zone is an invitation for trouble. Glad to meet everyone.
Old October 29, 2008, 10:57 PM   #2855
REPhipps

Hello to all

I have been gleening info from this forum for some time. Every time I google a topic there are several links to this forum, and the info is excellent. I don't think I will have much to share compared to the many outstanding members so willing to share their knowledge and experience, and to you I give thanks.

I am a mechanical engineer living in Utah. My current hunting activities are primarily dedicated to teaching my Grandkids to hunt deer/elk and small game. I am lucky this year in that I will get to hunt bison on the Henry Mountains in Dec.

My main interests in firearms are hunting rifles, big game and varmint. I like target shooting, but what good is that nice group if I don't get to use it on something I get to eat. No, I don't eat all the varmints. Some I just put in the Xmas sausage for the neighbors......

Anyway, greetings to all, and thanks for letting me play too.
Old October 29, 2008, 11:45 PM   #2856
dfire

Hello, names Dan I am a firefighter/EMT in Lakeland FL. ( central FL. ) Love my country and my guns ! Hobby's are guns, diving, hunting, fishing. I work quite a bit, Fire dept. , police dispatch, electrician.....jack of all trades master of none. I always starve for knowledge, if I feel it will help me one day ( or not ) , I want to know everything about it !
Old October 30, 2008, 11:11 AM   #2857
Birddog1911

Greetings from Peyton, Colorado!

Hello all, just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I'm Kevin, from Peyton, CO. Lurked here occasionally, and wanted to finally join. Look forward to learning and sharing with ya'll.
Old October 30, 2008, 11:12 AM   #2858
hso

Welcome to THR.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old October 30, 2008, 11:14 AM   #2859
Vermont

Welcome!
Old October 30, 2008, 05:08 PM   #2860
TRGRHPY

Neighbors?

I live in Peyton as well. Did you move here recently?
Old October 30, 2008, 06:10 PM   #2861
unisonic12

Greetings from CT

New member here, but I've been reading for a while.
Old October 30, 2008, 06:43 PM   #2862
bearmgc

Welcome, and join in!
Old October 30, 2008, 06:48 PM   #2863
Eyesac

Hello!
Old October 30, 2008, 07:01 PM   #2864
230RN
Contributing Member

Welcome!
Old October 30, 2008, 07:17 PM   #2865
nyggis

Sending a warm welcome from Sweden!
You will like it here.
/ Erik
Old October 30, 2008, 07:21 PM   #2866
Kind of Blued

Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Coloradan!
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
- Texas State Representative Dr. Suzanna Hupp
Old October 30, 2008, 11:58 PM   #2867
Scratchy

Peyton is nice country. I grew up north of Elizabeth and have been thinking of moving somewheres down there.
Old October 31, 2008, 12:10 AM   #2868
Intrepid Dad

Welcome. We're practically neighbors. I live in north Colorado Springs.
Old October 31, 2008, 06:27 PM   #2869
cololeadslinger

Greetings from Boulder County, Colorado

Hello one and all,
Been lurking for awhile and thought I'd legitimize myself. I'm here because of the good people and good information. I own guns so that I might be able to defend my family in the event of a BGS (bad guy situation). I own a P220 (on my hip most of the time), a Benelli pump shottie, and a Bushmaster 20" AR type rifle. I've trained with some great people and have a long way to go to being a true gunman. I had the privilege of learning from one of John Farnam's instructors before he (the instructor) was killed in a lightening strike at CSU's campus. We miss him dearly. RIP Marc Richard.

Looking forward to learning from everyone and perhaps contributing.
Old October 31, 2008, 08:34 PM   #2870
cdove72

Hello, I was introduced to this sight by a fellow member at the Ann Coulter board who sent me here to ask for help in identifying a gun that I found in my family. I look to stick around and learn from my fellow gun owners.

I personally own a .243 NEF Single Shot rifle, nothing big, but I bought it with my own hard earned money a couple years ago and was my first gun. Im looking to refurbish my grandfathers Eagle Arms .410 Shotgun that has sat for over 15 or 20 years.
Old October 31, 2008, 09:12 PM   #2871
cobra2411

Hello all, I found THR while researching reloading for my 45lc. I live in the 'burbs of Philly in case anyone wants to meet up and go shooting.

I have:

Ruger Vaquero 45lc with 7.5" barrel
Ruger Super Six 22lr / 22mag
Rossi M62 pump 22s/l/lr
Rossi M92 lever 44 mag
Colt 1991 Commander 45acp
Old November 2, 2008, 06:21 AM   #2872
RippinSVT

Howdy from Missouri. I'm glad to finally be registered here, although I have lurked for a while. I'm a Marlin levergun "collector" and a general gun-lover. Can't wait to contribute!
-Lone Gunman, regarding the .22WMR with regards to bears
Old November 2, 2008, 06:24 AM   #2873
Jorge

Smile

I'm Jorge Encina Vega
I'm an 48 years old, architect, living in Santiago, Chile. Thanks for giving me the oportunity for be in your forum.

I have a Colt 1911 Government 45.
F.W.Heym .22 lr 3-9x40
Saint Etienne Ideal (Vernier Carrion)cal 16 side/side
Gamo 440 3-9x40
Bam30 3-9-40
Old November 2, 2008, 01:57 PM   #2874
Rodentman

I am The Rodentman from MN. I bought my first firearm in 1972, a S&W 28-2 which I wish I still had.

I currently have:

Ruger Police Service 6 .38
Ruger LCP
Walther (S&W) PPK-S
Kahr PM40
S&W 638 .38

I have a ccw and carry much of the time, although I do travel to WI a lot and cannot carry there.

Not sure what gun will be next but there always is another.

I also am interested in photography, jewelry, watches, and cooking.

Thank you!

Last edited by Rodentman; November 2, 2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old November 2, 2008, 03:49 PM   #2875
9point3

9point3 checking in,

Defense guns include

Glock 10mm with 22lr conversion
Charter 44spl
S&W 3rd Mdl hand ejecter .32
Colt Det spec .38
NAA 22mag Mini Revolver
Iver Johnson Sealed 8
12ga SxS cut short but legal

No CCW as the top LEO will but won't