Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 19 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old February 24, 2007, 02:13 PM   #451
camacho

Welcome on Board! I found the THR to be a great source of information and have no doubt you will find it too.
Old February 24, 2007, 03:09 PM   #452
Barr

Congratulations on joining. You will find yourself spending more and more time here, especially when you run into a technical issue and friends and family cannot answer the question involved.
Old February 24, 2007, 03:51 PM   #453
pistol-packin-wifey

thank you all

sm: our pet shotgun is a mossberg 590 customized for close quarters by my gunsmith husband she lives right outside a spot that has a clear, close shot to the front door and where we can easily get some cover.

pax: I LOVE YOUR WEBSITE! it covers soooo many challenges with concealed carry that i too have experienced, and never had any women to discuss & overcome our specific challenges (especially with wardrobe). It's a wonderful resource for women who carry! I'll be spending lots more time there
Old February 24, 2007, 04:19 PM   #454
pax

Well, that made my day.

pax

I can live for two months on a good compliment. -- Mark Twain
Old February 24, 2007, 07:29 PM   #455
sm

pistol-packin-wifey,

We need to talk, and bring the gunsmith you sleep with into my "office" as well.
Have a seat, comfy?

Southern Gentleman I am and all, well it is like this you see. I know about PA, even Pittsburg, they got soft pretzels with mustard and Sheetz.

You are headed South. Fried Apples Pies, DuMond's Benets and Chickory coffee.
Oh not that one cannot duck hunt, quail hunt, dove hunt with a HD gun, just all that trouble for gunsmith hubby to make a Migratory Waterfowl Plug to restrict to 3 rounds only.

$1 says Steve goes there
Heck I got a Twenty says he does!
-THR members

Don't worry about them folks, they blame me around here "for some reason" or another.

Now a lady needs a fine fitting shotgun. One for duck hunting and making duck gumbo...12 gauge , 26" - 28" barrel fits this task real well. Does a fine job on Doves...
Them Doves are sure mighty fine eating. Quail. Always respect the Quail.
Now often one does more walking than shooting. Watching dog work the field is a sight to behold.

28 gauge is what I recommend. Yep, you would like right nice with 28 gauge, I always found them complimentary to 1911s and K frames myself.

Way I figure it, a couple with a 28 gauge each of their own, out behind the dogs ,quail hunting together is, just one of them things couples are supposed to do.

Last time I went out bird hunting the afternoon was spent burning up 9x23 out of a 1911 style Race Gun. Then running and gunning with a carbine and shotgun.

It is all good , just Respect the Quail just means a 28 gauge is all.

Old February 25, 2007, 12:24 AM   #456
Chem Geek

Thumbs up

<dr. nick voice>
Hi everybody!
</dr. nick voice>

I've been lurking for a while reading, and actually registered just to use the search function, and came across this thread in the process. Like a few others I'm a poor college student and have just got into target shooting! I've been to a range maybe a half dozen times in my life (my parents were not the outdoorsy type, so I didn't really grow up around them or anything). None of my friends are into it (super liberal hippie school , great education, but not exactly gun friendly to say the least), so I've been lurking through the forums soaking up the great information. My gf (soon to be fiance! ) is accepting enough that we're scheduled for a NRA safety course tomorrow morning, and she's going to try it out as a hobby with me.

At any rate, I have no guns at the moment, as I said I'd wait for her to take the class before bringing any firearms into the home. On the agenda is a .22 (just can't decide which one yet) for her practice, then for me a Sig 226 or 229 (CPO) for larger caliber practice. Although I have been eyeing the slightly more expensive Springfield Loaded black stainless combat model, but that'll probably have to wait till after I graduate, hopefully in just a few months! Once I have a larger income I plan on expanding into rifles, but for now the price of .308 makes me cringe.

So that's me, a Chemistry Major with an interest in target shooting.
-Dan
Old February 25, 2007, 06:15 AM   #457
QuickRick

Newbe member / Hello and God Bless

Live and work and Lewiston, Idaho. Retired from the local CCI Speer manufacturing facility in the 80's. Now working for another local employer but still shooting rimfire ammo purchased 20 years ago. Most of my shooting is with rifles and handguns. I especially like varmint shooting because of the volume of caps popped during a good days shooting. I enjoy this forum because of the willingness of members to share their experiece/expertise for the asking.
Old February 25, 2007, 04:58 PM   #458
shadowpdf

Hello, all. I'm new to the thread, but not new to guns. I carry a S&W 442 .38 special +P and/or a Charter Arms Bull Dog .44 special. Like 'em both, but the CA can be a bit sticky at times. Probably need to send it in for a trigger job.

I live near Portland, Oregon, which is an oxymoronic state (emphasis on moronic). Oregon is very blue, with the bigger cities riding herd over the less populated red parts of the state. Yet they have very (you should pardon the expression) liberal gun laws. No waiting to buy, simple $10 gun check with the state, and "shall issue" CCL laws, which I've tested and found the procedure very easy.

Haven't decided what I like best, revolvers or autos. I'm tending to lean toward wheel guns. My small collection of modern arms is pretty much split down the middle, though. Still, I generally like the way the revolvers perform and handle better than the autos I have. Maybe need to find better autos.

I'm a writer - have 5 westerns published - and I work in business communications. And I don't have nearly enough time to shoot.
Old February 25, 2007, 07:41 PM   #459
toratiger

New user

This looks like a great site, I'm glad I found it!

I've been around firearms most of my life, and currently carry a Glock 23 and shoot many other guns.

I'm also helping to run a very new Glock oriented firearm forum
http://glocklounge.com/public/index.php
Old February 25, 2007, 11:29 PM   #460
Cerca Trova

Another new guy.

Greetings all.
Finally glad to be a part of this fine site. Keep up the great work.
CT
Glenn Beck
Old February 26, 2007, 02:46 AM   #461
edsel6502

YANG - Yet Another New Guy

Hello all,

I'm from California

A transplant from Michigan and before that half a world away.

This is a great place to lurk and learn about firearms.
Old February 26, 2007, 07:56 PM   #462
Hairpin M'berg870

Im Rob. I reside in Knoxvegas TN with my wife Jerrica, my daughter Ainsley, and my other babies; Mossberg 870 SP ( remington 870 w/ mossberg special purpose barrel), Mossberg 935 Magnum, Benelli Nova 20 ga. Slug, and last but not at all least Remington 700 SPS in 7mm Rem Mag. I came up on this site by wonderful accident and I look forward to finally being able to talk guns with people who love them as much as I do. Plus I think my wife may be jealous of my newest addition (the Nova), so she really doesn't want to hear about it anymore.

DRILL SERGEANT
"Why did you put that weapon together so quickly, Gump?"
FORREST
"Because you told me to, Drill Sergeant!!!"
DRILL SERGEANT
"Jesus Christ! This is a new company record. If it wouldn't be a waste of such a damn fine enlisted man, I'd recommended you for O.C.S., Private Gump. You are gonna be a General some day, Gump! Now, disassemble your weapon and continue!"
Old February 27, 2007, 12:34 AM   #463
Ranger+P+

Greetings from a new member

Good to be here.

Private Security Contractor
31 yr old
reside in TX when not abroad
Owner of pro-shop & private training facility: Baker Combat Systems
Avid hunter
Knife Collector

Hope to share and learn.

The courage of a soldier is heightened by the knowledge of his profession. -Flavius Renatus, Roman General
Old February 27, 2007, 03:00 AM   #464
Dark Wolf

Hey, I heard of this forum a while back and finally got time to get back on the computer and look up this forum.

I live in Michigan near Grand Rapids, Love to hunt, fish, Love everything firearms and 2nd Amendment.

I would rather spend my time out in the woods or on the water.
Old February 27, 2007, 07:08 AM   #465
pistol-packin-wifey

hiya

i'm relatively new to the board (having started a fight over in the legal/political section already it seems )

but as my name states, i'm a female with a CCW. i carry my springfield 1911A1 with a full mag of golden sabres everywhere i go.

i'm passionate about my RKBA and not afraid to get loud about it

my husband is a gunsmith (nice to have in home gun maintenance) and we've collected quite a nice variety of historical and modern weapons. Besides my pistol, i love battle rifles (m14 and cetme are my faves) and sniper rifles (hubby is building this custom one that i'm DYING to try out )

oh yeah, and we're moving to Louisiana this spring! wooohoo!
Old February 27, 2007, 08:35 AM   #466
drummerwookie

whats up guys?

hey, just wanted to drop in and introduce myself b4 i start showing how gun illiterate i am in my posts/threads to come...lol

i have 2 rifles right now, a ruger 10/22 with the wood stock and stainless barrel, and i have a 1944 Mosin nagant that i just got to shoot for the first time over this past weekend and loved it. but, now im looking into getting a pistal, just to have for target shooting, and to have so i can take a CCW course on down the line somewhere.....the gun im looking at right now is the Ruger P345 in the stainless finish. so far, it seems like the best gun for the money, and i plan on trying it, along with some others out b4 i make my final choice, but, a guy over on Jeepforum.com told me about this site and said i should register and talk to you all and get you input. his name is Scotz, not sure if its the same over here tho

here are my two rifles

then heres the pistol i want to get

thanx for any input you all may have, and i look forward to learning as much about guns on here as i can from all of you,

Khori

"not so funny meow is it"
Old February 27, 2007, 08:39 AM   #467
Kali Endgame

Let me be the first to welcome you to the THR. You will be amazed at the breadth of discussion on this board. This place is a veritable goldmine of information.
Good luck,
Jon
Old February 27, 2007, 08:42 AM   #468
drummerwookie

hey, thanx for the welcome jon! like i said, i really cant wait to learn as much about guns as i can...its starting to become as addicting a hobby as my jeep is...lol..the bad thing is, wheeling the jeep is an expencive enough of a hobbie...lol

Old February 27, 2007, 08:46 AM   #469
JWarren

Howdy

Everyone pet the wookie!

John
Old February 27, 2007, 08:47 AM   #470
drummerwookie

damn, how many johns are there on this site?...lol

Old February 27, 2007, 08:50 AM   #471
JWarren

We are many... and we are watching....

John
Old February 27, 2007, 08:52 AM   #472
drummerwookie

dangit..wheres another wookie when i need one

Old February 28, 2007, 10:06 AM   #473
Lt496

New Member Hello

I am a hunter (not a FUDD), a shooter (recreational) and gun collector.

My gun interests are wide and varied, with a special love for antique and vintage long guns. I own and greatly enjoy several EBR's, with an eye on acquiring more soon. I also am an avid handgunner.

I am a career Peace Officer (command level), who is looking forward to retirement. I am also a US Army Veteran of 14 years (Active, USAR and USARNG).

Married to a beautiful woman, have 2 kids (one grown and moved out) and have an all around great life.

Last and most importantly, I am an absolutist when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms. No infringements, no compromise, no apologies, no B.S., period.
Old February 28, 2007, 02:15 PM   #474
Ultra-armed

Hello from Western Massachusetts

Just wanted to drop a quick hello. Looking forward to learning a lot and possibly contributing as much as I can. I am a die hard S&W semi auto guy sporting a 5906, 1911PD and my newest, the M&P40. I do all of my own reloading and it is beginning to become a passion to me.
Old February 28, 2007, 04:50 PM   #475
GunInUrPocketorRuhappy2Cme

oops! sorry, i didn't see this post before so i started a different one.. well, either way, i'm new! just wanted to say howdy, etc etc etc.

can't wait to chat with you all!

sam