Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 261 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 4, 2011, 09:39 AM   #6501
Ralph Lauretano

Hi, It's Ralph "Hunter" Lauretano in South Florida. I just cleaned my newly acquired 1942 Russian Moisin Nagant M91/30 and got all the 'cosmo' out with brake cleaner from discount auto parts. Works great! And much cheaper than the equivilent type product for guns only. After cleaning the stock, I used household wood polish - "Pledge" - on it, and it came out very nice. After getting it all back together, it looked and felt great! The only problem with it is in feeding & ejecting ammo. After chambering the first round, I find that the extracter won't remove it from the chamber. I have to push it out from the muzzle end with a cleaning rod. Also, the next 4 rounds in the magazine won't move up into loading position. They stay down in the mag. as if there were that first one still in it, holding them down. I'm guessing a weak follower spring in the mag. Does that mean I have to find a replacement mag & trigger housing? (It's all one unit). Or can those springs be gotten seperately to replace the old, weak ones? As for the non-extracting, I checked the bolt head, and it looks as if the extracter is good. I see the claw in place and it looks like it should work.....but no. I'm stumped. New bolt too?????
Old July 4, 2011, 03:30 PM   #6502
Rustycar2200

Hi to all and Happy 4th. Joined this site with hopes of learning and offering advice. I've been out of shooting/hunting game for over 20 years. I ordered my new Lyman 54cal GPH and am ready to start LIVING again.
Old July 4, 2011, 05:16 PM   #6503
wannashoot5s

I lurk no longer!! Hey gang, I like the content so it's time I get involved. Been shooting since 5 and loving every single trigger press. Now it's time to get geared up for USPSA so the learning curve is vertical. I've already learned tons from you guys and looking forward to more brain cramming. Thanks
Old July 5, 2011, 04:31 AM   #6504
Panthera Pardus

Hi All,

My name is Frederick. I have been on the forum since 2009. But have been absent for some time. I received my fireams licenses over the weekend. And got the opportunity to go and sight my rifle on Saturday.

Look forward to meeting some people!

Regards,

Frederick
Old July 5, 2011, 07:52 AM   #6505
kemper

Hello

New Member. Glad to be here
Old July 5, 2011, 03:56 PM   #6506
NMCCWGUY

Hello everyone!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and would like to say hello! I really like this site and find it very informative. I hope to be able to share my experiences and gain more knowledge from you all!
Old July 5, 2011, 04:27 PM   #6507
dannyr3_8

hi gun lovers

i too love guns and hold my right to own them dearly, and despise those who think differently. i live in ky own .mostly hand guns but also own several shotguns and rifles . i'm looking foward to joining in on question and answers here
Old July 5, 2011, 04:47 PM   #6508
MrButterfield

Greetings. Mr. Butterfield here, although my real name is Darius L. Dumass (pronounced doomwaaaah). I already know all there is to know so I'm really not interested in what anyone else has to say because that's just their opinion. Everything I have to say is fact. I've got my 9's and can shoot gangster style really well so if you need some advice I'm your man..............Honestly, thanks to those who work tirelessly to make this a great site devoid of unnecessary commentaries such as that. And thanks to all who selflessly post their observations, achievements, and mishaps and sharing that knowledge with the rest of us. I look forward to meeting you all, hope my sense of humor is acceptable.

Last edited by MrButterfield; July 5, 2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old July 5, 2011, 10:50 PM   #6509
Springville Pop

Hello everyone. Found this site yesterday and liked what I saw so here I am! Just recently decided to take up shooting. Got a new XD40 sub compact for myself and a S&W J frame for my wife. But the best experience I've had at the range is firing for the first time my grandfathers Colt 38 special that he carried when I was just a kid. Quite an experience! And it shoots really good too.

Doug
Old July 5, 2011, 11:46 PM   #6510
StrutStopper

New Guy from RI

Hey there, I'm Paul. THR keeps coming up on lots of the google searches I've been doing so I figured I'd join up instead of just lurk around. I'm getting more into shooting lately. I like hunting, more with my bow than guns, but I do hunt deer with a shotgun and ML. Turkeys are spooky enough to warrant 3.5" magnum hevi shot loads too... I just built my first AR15, haven't had the pleasure to shoot it yet, hopefully this week. I just picked up a bunch of reloading stuff too. I've got handguns in .357, 9mm, and .40 and a couple misc. rifles. Hope to learn a bunch here and maybe contribute a little.
Old July 6, 2011, 01:38 AM   #6511
BBRAH

Howdy

I've been lurking on THR for several years. It seems like every time I Google a firearms or reloading related question a thread from THR shows up on the first page of results. I figured I might as well join so so that I can be part of the conversation and not just an eavesdropper.

Preparing for the zombie apocalypse since 1994.
Old July 6, 2011, 04:01 AM   #6512
nick 270

Location: Ilive n a town cld Tuatapere at the bottom of the south island
Hi my name is nick from new zealand.I have bn hunting n fishing my whole life 49.Mind u it slowed down when i had kids. Ishoot mainly 270 now have 3 115 grns 4 varments up 2 goats 130 4 deer n hogs.Ihunt mainly red bt there r a few fellow where i live plus whitetail n elk nt far away.Ireload n have learnt a lot from this n other sites glad 2 b part of your family regards Nick
Old July 6, 2011, 06:39 PM   #6513
hariph creek

Greetings from S.W. Washington.
I usually come to THR for info and experiences. I like it here because it is civil and the 'internet commando ratio' is pretty low. So I figured, quit lurking and sign up.
My screen name is a play on my first and middle name. The first person to figuire them out, gets to buy me a new gun.

Thanks,
J.B.
^
(that's a hint)
Old July 7, 2011, 01:34 AM   #6514
gofish53

Hi everyone, I go by Gofish53. I am a life member in the NRA. I have also been a gun dealer for most of my life, this year makes 35yrs. I live in the worst state (Illinois) for being a gun enthusiast, and a dealer. I talk to everyone I know to get the vote out for conceal carry. Just can't quite figure out how Chicago corrupt politicians has been able to keep conceal carry out of Illinois? Hopefully, someday we will get a honest governor, and get it passed.
Old July 7, 2011, 02:21 PM   #6515
Huginn

Hi everyone, I'm Huginn! I've been lurking these forums for months now and finally decided to join up. This is probably one of the best gun sites on the Internet!
Old July 7, 2011, 08:28 PM   #6516
Jana

I'm new here and sure could use some help on a few questions. Have owned guns of all caliber and purpose for over 30 some odd years, pretty much on my own in the world now which is scary and new all at the same time.

So if I ask what seems like a dumb question...just remember there's no one here now to answer them for me.
Old July 8, 2011, 10:36 AM   #6517
HardEight

Hello, I registered a few days ago but didn't get around to posting until now. I live in Cocolalla Idaho, about 30 minutes north of Coeur d'Alene. I own several guns, both pistol and long gun. I've visited many a time to find info on firearms and have found the members here full of useful information.

By the by, where do I post for inquiries to the current value of shotguns?
Old July 9, 2011, 01:09 AM   #6518
Mick_W

Hello, new member obviously. Name is Mike and am 27yo in MD, gun enthusiast and love to learn more about them so I decided to join.
Old July 9, 2011, 02:45 AM   #6519
artbrownsr

New Guy from Alaska

Just found this forum Hi all.
Old July 9, 2011, 07:15 AM   #6520
ChiefRichard

Just joined. I'm Chief Richard Robertson. I retired from the U.S. Navy in 1993 after 20 years. I live in the deep southern part of West Virginia, on the border with Kentucky and Ohio. I love the peace and solitude of the country. I love collecting things and do have a few guns. Nothing valuable though. I guess my favorite is my "Judge". This Taurus revolver is just awesome and really does not have much kick to it. I was surprised. Uses 45 LC and 410 shot shells. I love to shoot but don't do much hunting. Just want to enjoy my rights while I still have some and will protect my family with "whatever it takes"...I have 1 shot gun, 2 rifles, 1 semi-auto and 3 revolvers including the Judge...Plan to pick up a .44 Mag and .45 semi-auto (maybe 1911) soon. I'm here to learn and enjoy.
Old July 9, 2011, 08:05 AM   #6521
slotcars2006

My name is Jim Brown and I like guns !
Old July 9, 2011, 05:21 PM   #6522
homerduck

Hello!

I am in Florida. I hunt a bit - deer and ducks. I own a Rock Island 1911 A1 9mm, a Taurus PT140 and am looking at a Sig P238 possibly. I am not a heavy hitter in the gun realm - just some hunting rifles and shotguns and a couple of handguns for protection and range fun. Oh - and lots of questions about the handguns - shooting straight, etc.
Old July 10, 2011, 01:28 AM   #6523
Dallas1

New Member Here From the Great Northwest!

Hi all, I live in Wa State- love it here. We get 4 seasons whereas coming from Calif., we only have 2 seasons, warm and hot!
Here's some info and my interests, I'm a military veteran, work in the nuclear industry (full time), am interested in kool watches, stationary stuff- like nice writing instruments, love cooking (personal chef), enjoy reading a good espionage book or just a really good book in general, cars and guns of course, that's why I'm here. I really like target shooting. there's more but this is the short list.
Old July 10, 2011, 01:47 PM   #6524
the3rdman

Hello from Spain

Hello all.I'm Spanish but I live in Berlin, like to practice shooting and have trained seriously for 15 years in Spain (in 2009 I wins spanish 9mm pistol championship with a sigsauer pistol), for changes in my working life I move to live in Germany and I can not practice as frequently;
I always admired the high level of Americans in this area.
I'm attracted to the disciplines PPC, centerfire pistol and olympic freepistol.
I am glad to be here,
excuse my low level of English.
Old July 10, 2011, 02:23 PM   #6525
9-ball

Hello,

I'm Belgian, am a physics student, love weapons in all sorts, practice martial arts and play piano. Nothing more to be said

I love THR and TFL.