Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 275 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 26, 2011, 10:26 AM   #6851
Mass Shooter

Checking in from New England

Looks like I'm the new guy on the block and glad to be a THR member / participant.

Reside in New England and an avid shooter rifle / pistol. Particularly like small bore centerfire and .22LR rimfire competition.

Just picked up a nice Remington 700 BDL in 17 Rem magnum. What a great littlie high speed cartridge and talk about accuracy and bug size holes. ...Very comfortable shooting rifle.

Have a assortment of target 22's rifle / pistols and really enjoy the friendly commaraderie at my local club and while visiting others.

Looking to learn a bit and contribute whatever I can here at THR
Old September 27, 2011, 01:53 AM   #6852
Harrod

Hey everyone I'm Jake 33yr old, in ohio here. I have been lurking several forums and this one seemed to have the best mix of information and maturity. Due to finances I am working with a Savage Model 64 for squirrel hunting. Looking at a Mossber 20 in the near future for possibly deer and trap shooting with my dad.
Old September 27, 2011, 04:04 AM   #6853
Mr. Pink

New to the forum and it looks great. Lookin for a pocket gun and have been doing a lot of research, man it's tough to weed out the happy, the pissed and the truth when it comes to these little guns.

I'm probably going to go with the seecamp .32 my local shop has a good condition used one at a pretty fair price.

Thanks!

Last edited by Mr. Pink; September 27, 2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old September 27, 2011, 04:10 AM   #6854
baronthered

Hello all. Just tooling around the web looking at some of the things that interest me and found THR. Looks like a nice place here. I don't post much mostly read and look at the pictures.
Old September 27, 2011, 07:22 AM   #6855
OverUnderPump

Howdy

Hi there,

Glad to have stumbled upon THR while looking for some random gun-stuff .

Bout me:
I am an RKBA activitist, shoot shottys, 50 meters 3 position ISSF and 10 Meters Air Rifle and Pistol as well. Nuff said, time to zip it. Thanks for having me here.

regards

OUP

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.
Old September 27, 2011, 08:13 AM   #6856
GameSix

Hello

Hi I'm a 38 y/o getting CHL plastic soon. Will start to carry daily (except at work). As I try to fine tune my carry gear, learn tactics, and practice I'm finding this to be a great site.

My guns:
Springfield XDM 45 4.5"
Kahr PM45
Ruger LCR
Seecamp 32
Old September 27, 2011, 01:20 PM   #6857
Baldman

New to Forum

Hi Folks,

I've been reading a lot of the posts on THR and gotten some great info so I decide to register today.

Brief background:

I used to hunt and fish when I was younger (much younger) and have been away from the shooting scene for a while so I almost feel like a novice shooter again. I've got some Home Defense questions that I will post separately, I just hope they make sense & don;t sound too stupid. Either way I'm sure I get a lot of good feedback.

Thx,
Baldman
Old September 27, 2011, 01:30 PM   #6858
wannabeagunsmith

Hi everyone, I should have introduced myself sooner. I am what some would call a "youth" (well, okay, I am still in my teens) BUT I love guns, the second ammendment, and believe me, if one thing ticks me off, it is liberals trying to get my guns, and "kid- safe zones" aka gun-free zones. So yeah, I am big on the activisim. Well, trying to be. Oh, yes, I am a (student, almost there) pilot but I really want to get into the "gunsmithing" or at least dealing buisness. So there is my info, and have a great day.
Old September 27, 2011, 11:46 PM   #6859
ericnvegas

Hello new to THR. Just got the gun itch not too long ago. I live in Las Vegas, NV... Current collection...

Beretta AL 391 Urika 12 Ga Shot Gun
Beretta PX4 9mm
Beretta PX4 45 SD
Stag Arms Model 2 AR-15
Ruger10/22

Just bought on line in the past week... Waiting for delivery...

Tikka T3 Scout .308
Yugo SKS Hopefully in excellent condition

I am finding that this is getting kind of expensive..... But worth it
Old September 28, 2011, 02:06 AM   #6860
spiker44

Hello

Hi, My name is Mike. Presently an armorer for a state prison. I also love to shoot, hunt, fish and just about anything outdoors. Served in the USMC and now serve the Commonwealth of PA. Thanks
Old September 28, 2011, 04:04 PM   #6861
mr t
Member.

mr t

I'm into both pistols and rifles.do reloading for both. do lots of target and long range shooting. I'm retired .
Old September 28, 2011, 07:38 PM   #6862
mingomom

Hi. I'm a middle-aged wife, mom, & grandmother who carries a S&W M&P 9mm C for self-protection. Any other women on this forum? I usually hang out on a state-specific gun board, but support 2a and found this site by accident.
Old September 29, 2011, 07:33 PM   #6863
hso

Good to see you all here!

The tone of civility and maturity helps the RKBA cause and we're here to prove that Antis of all stripes (yes, they come in every political/social persuasion) are simply lying to the public when they characterize all gun owners as thugs or immature.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old September 29, 2011, 07:46 PM   #6864
rope stretcher

New guy here, thank you for having me.

I just started reloading over the past year, mostly 9mm & .45 ACP but just started .40 S&W. When I'd do a search for a question I had, most of the results included an entry from THR. So, this looks like the mother lode of reliable firearms related information. Thanks.

rope stretcher
Old September 29, 2011, 08:15 PM   #6865
Ogre One

I've always loved shooting. During my time in the Army and being lucky enough to have a 30-30 bolt action BK (before kids), I've loved the opportunities to shoot. SK (since kids), I respected my bride's concerns about having any firearm in the house. Now that I have teenagers (hormones with legs) AND given the fact that the boy (17) is looking at law enforcement as a career option, I am now able to pursue shooting as a means to relax and literally "blow off steam".

While searching for info about .45 ACP vs .45 Colt I came across a link to this site through Google. I found myself reading the "Rules of Engagement" for this forum and exclaiming, "Abouttime!! Some one with an abundance of common sense!" I wasted no time in submitting my humble moniker for the honor of membership. Well, Here I am!

I look forward to picking brains and just having fun here. Oh, about me...

I'm pushing 50 something, three kids who can fend for themselves, a mess of house critters who help keep the former in check, and a wonderful wife who still isn't sure about handguns in the house but is willing to learn and expand her comfort level. God lover her 'cause I do (Happy 28th Anniversary, baby!).

Ogre One, OUT.
Old September 30, 2011, 02:44 AM   #6866
artbrownsr

@Mingomom I don't believe in accidents. You got here for a purpose (maybe to let some of us guys realize that there are some gals that ENJOY shooting and gun discussions)! Welcome to our forum.
Old September 30, 2011, 07:27 AM   #6867
Streetprowler

Noob!

Hello, all! I am an ardent enthusiast and 2A supporter. I often found myself directed here in searches, et cetera, and finally decided that I may as well join so's I can see the pictures!

Looking forward to a lot of discovery here. Glad to be a member.

Last edited by Streetprowler; September 30, 2011 at 07:28 AM. Reason: I actually mis-spelled "and."
Old September 30, 2011, 08:24 AM   #6868
ChiefRichard

Welcome new member

I understand Drew Acid is newest member on here. Welcome to THR.
Old September 30, 2011, 02:56 PM   #6869
3KillerBs

I've not been here for a long time. I'm working way too much overtime. But I have a rare day off and found myself browsing the forum so I thought I'd say "hello" again.

In the past couple years I've busted the zippers out of 2 fanny packs carrying my Taurus Slim to work every day and I wanted to try something different. I've got an MPA Protector in a belly band around my ribs. I'd rather have a 9mm but even after losing 40lbs the slim is too visible since my job is rather active and I wear skirts rather than jeans with belts.

My DH is using my Slim right now -- he finds his S&W M&P 9 too bulky for his hot weather clothes.

"When confronted by a hungry wolf, it is unwise to goad the beast... But it is equally unwise to imagine the snarling animal a friend and offer your hand..." - Cicero
Old September 30, 2011, 05:00 PM   #6870
Sour Kraut

Hello from Oregon!

Avid shooter...glad to have found this site!
Old September 30, 2011, 07:07 PM   #6871
mkvtaco

Greetings from PA! I do security work and am a soldier, and also I'm an Aspiring LEO currently in college for Criminal Justice. I'm working on getting my second handgun within the week. I come to this site for all my questions that need answering.
Old September 30, 2011, 08:48 PM   #6872
JSpear

Greetings from Texas

Hello, names Justin, just found this site while looking for info, I like to hunt, fish, hike, and play music. I've got a small collection of guns at the moment, and I plan on keeping it growing!
Old October 1, 2011, 12:03 PM   #6873
Streetprowler

Hello Spear, and hello taco - another Son of Pennsylvania here!

~Marko
Old October 1, 2011, 01:28 PM   #6874
Nordeste

New member from Spain

Hello everyone!:

New forum member here, from Spain. I've seen some threads with familiar nicks from other sites and seen how varied and comprehensive source of knowledge this community is, so I'm ready to learn from you, and of course cooperate as much as I can from the other side of the "pond".

Best regards!
9 Luger Destroyer Carbine
Old October 1, 2011, 05:06 PM   #6875
bigmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrshooter View Post
The leverage rise makes sense. So sure, knowing about the golden means principle should be a big help in picking out future FAs. Thanks!
By the way, the golden means principle doesn't refer to the drop of the comb on the verticle but the angle horiz. from the breech to the butt-plate & is adaptable for rt. or lft. hand shooters. Best described in the Dixie Gun Works cat. It truly makes a stock custom.

Tags
info, ruger