Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 288 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old December 26, 2011, 07:48 PM   #7176
Nevadadan

Doing some research on firearms assembly led me to this site. Looks like a bunch of heads up guys so I thought I would give it a try.

I live in the high desert of western Nevada and am into coyote, deer, elk and bird hunting.
I'm a retired law enforcement type. Used to shoot revolver competitively and thinking about getting back into it, although the old eyes aren't what they used to be. I also hunt in California as I have a lifetime CA hunting license.

Looking forward to participating in this forum.
Old December 27, 2011, 06:35 AM   #7177
almostgem

Hi Dan,
I bought 40 acres east of Winnemucca, last year. Hoping to be able to be able to spend about 5 months a year out there with the remainder in South Florida. still a few years from retirement though.

Almostgem
John
Old December 27, 2011, 10:50 AM   #7178
Ralph Lauretano

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvpliers View Post
I recently began to reload. I originally wanted to reload so I can shoot more. Now I find myself wanting to shoot, just so I can free up brass to reload more! ??!?!?
I've been thinking about getting into reloading. Ammo costs more than I can afford to shot. It seems so complicated & expensive to get started, what with all the different tools and items from different manufacturers, not to mention not knowing how much powder to load, how hard to pack the bullets into the casings, etc. How did you find out about all that stuff? I'm a true novice and need all the helpful information I can get.

"Hunter"
Old December 27, 2011, 02:24 PM   #7179
nvpliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Lauretano View Post
I've been thinking about getting into reloading. Ammo costs more than I can afford to shot. It seems so complicated & expensive to get started, what with all the different tools and items from different manufacturers, not to mention not knowing how much powder to load, how hard to pack the bullets into the casings, etc. How did you find out about all that stuff? I'm a true novice and need all the helpful information I can get.

"Hunter"
Ralph:
I started by reading 3 manuals which contain load data, and 2 "how-to" books. I read, and researched on different websites - such as this forum - for about 2 months. Here is a sticky from this forum that was a great help to me on how to get started, and what to research. Best of luck!

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=238214
Old December 27, 2011, 10:34 PM   #7180
cool hand luke

newby

I live in the Nashville Tn. area have carried concealed many years. I carry the FNX40 and the Beretta 92 A1 IWB apendix carry. Dale Frickie archangle holster.
Be Safe

Last edited by cool hand luke; December 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old December 28, 2011, 08:45 AM   #7181
nadavictim

Hello, fellow T.H.R. members:

I live in the state of Pennsylvania, & have almost my whole life.
I Truly enjoy both the freedom & privilege of owning, shooting, competing, and carrying of firearms.
WE TRULY LIVE IN A GREAT COUNTRY!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL:

nadavictim.
Old December 28, 2011, 08:51 AM   #7182
Ralph Lauretano

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvpliers View Post
Ralph:
I started by reading 3 manuals which contain load data, and 2 "how-to" books. I read, and researched on different websites - such as this forum - for about 2 months. Here is a sticky from this forum that was a great help to me on how to get started, and what to research. Best of luck!

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=238214
Wow. What a great source of information on reloading. Thanks for the response and I will try to get some of those manuals to read. Looks like one needs the equivalent of a collgeg education, and a bank full of money to get into this part of the shooting sports.

Hunter"
Old December 28, 2011, 09:59 AM   #7183
GhostRanger

Hello everyone, reporting in from the state of Utah. Every time I have a question I seem to end up here so I figured I may as well join up. Have to many guns to list but lets say I have the basics, Glock 19, AR-15, and Remington 870 security, plus many others.

Glad to be here,
Joseph
Old December 28, 2011, 02:01 PM   #7184
gilgoul

Hi from Israel

Hello everyone,

I'm a brand new member here, live in Israel on the Golan Heights, and am the happy owner of a Glock 19 second gen, minus trigger, extended slide release and mepro night dot sights.
I shoot about twice a month, and hopefully will be able to start shooting IPSC soon.
As of long rifles, being in my village response team, I use an m16 a1 carbine in it's juice, but plan on adding it a trijicon reflex sight when possible.

I am looking forward to learn a lot from this forum that seems to be quite informative.

All the best
Old December 28, 2011, 08:41 PM   #7185
The Capt

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie here at The High Road and interested in all kinds of firearms. I own a few S&Ws, two Kimber 1911s and an Arsenal SA M-7 Classic AK-47. I'm also a Life Member of the NRA, as pro gun as you can get, a Vietnam Era Veteran!!! I'm very glad to be here.
Old December 28, 2011, 10:05 PM   #7186
bruce19

hey guys new guy here, in the navy, and i love shooting trap. 1953 browning a5 and cz 452 currently in my safe!
anyways thanks
Old December 29, 2011, 11:10 AM   #7187
gadgetgrrll

I live in NC and I'm a Navy vet. My interest in guns is from a self defense and target shooting standpoint. We own a Rossi .38 and just purchased a Glock 26. I just completed my CCW training and I'm really interested in target shooting to get my proficiency up. Look forward to getting lots of info here.
Old December 29, 2011, 04:38 PM   #7188
Peters923

New To THR

Greetings. Happy New Year!
Old December 29, 2011, 04:48 PM   #7189
ColeG

New Guy

Hello, im Cole. I've been shooting guns since i was 12. The first gun i ever shot was my grandfather's 30.30 Winchester. Ever since that first bullet into a target i was in love. So far to this day i have shot 9mm's, 30.30's, 308's, 22's, 30-06's. I can't wait to see what this site has to offer!
Old December 29, 2011, 04:49 PM   #7190
Bill37m

Hello
i'm Bill and live here in michigan and is studying to be a gunsmith befor and after working at my reg job,,wish i can find somebody to work under and learn from as well as being home schooled,i bought my first Remington Targetmaster model 41 built in 1937 to be my first project but it is in near mint condition and nothing much is wrong with it.

well anyways thats it and i'm glad to be here
Old December 29, 2011, 04:58 PM   #7191
Ryanxia

Welcome! You'll like it, this forum has a lot to offer and most people are for the most part mature

Join NRA Today!

Takes 2 minutes to donate to NRA-ILA https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...re/donate.aspx
Bloomberg is spending, we can too. Every little bit helps.
Old December 29, 2011, 05:01 PM   #7192
walker944

Welcome to the forum. There is lots to learn by using the Search feature. I could spend hours reading all the helpful comments....oh, wait a minute...I have spent hours doing that!!
Old December 29, 2011, 05:03 PM   #7193
ColeG

Sounds sweet! and thats good, there are always some who stand out.
Old December 29, 2011, 05:04 PM   #7194
ColeG

I do have one question tho, i did use the search box but i couldn't find a specific place to upload pics?
Old December 29, 2011, 05:06 PM   #7195
somoss

no specific place to pist pix, you can attach pix to a specific post if relevant. welcome;
Old December 29, 2011, 05:08 PM   #7196
Ryanxia

I would point out too that there is a Firearms Research section if you have any questions about something in particular that you've come across, as well as a buy/sell/trade section.

Join NRA Today!

Takes 2 minutes to donate to NRA-ILA https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-...re/donate.aspx
Bloomberg is spending, we can too. Every little bit helps.
Old December 29, 2011, 05:15 PM   #7197
ColeG

Thanks! i can already tell that this is a great forum! Lots of help.
Old December 29, 2011, 05:33 PM   #7198
savaship

Long time lurker, first time poster... Hi everybody!
Old December 29, 2011, 07:13 PM   #7199
SigMic

Hey folks. Mic here. Checked this place out a few times, but just got registered. Spend most of my forum time at TexasGunTalk (post as Mic over there), but also wanted to have a nationwide gun gathering place to spend time on.

I'm a lover of guns. Do more practice with handguns than anything, but own rifles and shotguns as well. Big fan of Sig (name might have given that away).

So hello!
Old December 30, 2011, 11:24 AM   #7200
der_Ami

Hello Forum :-)

Just wanted to introduce myself here by thanking all of the many posters for the valuable knowledge. I have been reading threads for a while while taking the steps to get my CWL here in Florida. Which gun to chose, class, appointment at the Dept. of Agriculture (***?) have all been made with your help (and the search function), thanks again for that.

Now I am reading about carrying how-to's and such, all very interesting and it looks like i will be spending good money finding the right way for me to do so. With the weather here, but being a rather conservative dresser I should find something that works. I have certainly learned here that this (how to carry best), as with the "right" weapon / caliber seems to be a very personal decision that no one can really help with. Just got to go out there and try things out.

So, I wish you all a safe and great new year, as I get more experience, I am sure that I will also develop from an avid reader to a poster as well.

Cheers!

Will