Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 305 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 11, 2012, 10:52 AM   #7601
CharlieDeltaJuliet

Just wanted to say hi, I have been lurking for a while. The name is Chad, I am from NC. I have been shooting and collecting firearms for 25 years.
Old April 11, 2012, 04:27 PM   #7602
yoAdriannne

I'm not only a new member to this site, but am new to guns.
The only experience I've had with guns is that about 30+ years ago I was on the college rifle team (.22 single actions).

I need a hobby. I'm semi retired from the real estate business. I can't hang around bars all day and I'm tired of "losing with the best of them" at the horse track. (I live in Las Vegas).

Looking at the available "youth" rifles (I'm a short/small man), I stopped when I saw the Marlin 336Y youth model. It jumped right off the page at me.

I WANT ONE

Any advise would be helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this
Old April 12, 2012, 09:19 AM   #7603
otasan56

Hello folks,. Mitchell here in Hartford, VT right on the NH tax-free border. I do all of my shopping there in West Lebanon, NH. I always open carry my G17 there and no-one seems to care. They likely think that I am an LEO. Well you all have a nice day.
Old April 13, 2012, 01:15 PM   #7604
Ana

Hi there! My forum name sounds kinda female, but I'm a male German of 25 years. I currently reside in Vienna, Austria, studying, working and living my life. Although neither my home country, state or residency nor the European Union have anything close to the second amendment, I'm still very much interested in firearms. I've had the biggest toy gun collection as a little one and I made every stick of wood into a rifle then, now I'm grown up but I still like to read on developments in the world of arms.

I hope to catch some interesting discussions here, find some new infos, maybe make some intercontinental friends and when I do get around to my long planned cross USA bike ride, I'll maybe have some ideas of where to at least once in my life have the chance to shoot the beauties some of you can legally buy in stores - which is as alien to me as if you'd be able to buy plutonium.
Old April 14, 2012, 08:47 AM   #7605
WIKD

I missed this section but now that I found it I figured I'd stop in and say hi. New member from Central Fl. I've actually been reading this forum for a while and should have registered earlier.
Old April 14, 2012, 10:11 AM   #7606
eltigre_01

Good morning, I'm a new member from Arizona. I'm a former Marine and a rifle/ pistol instructor. I hope to learn more about antique firearms, since most of my experience has been with black rifles and pistols.
Old April 14, 2012, 11:04 AM   #7607
Coyote Bob

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I don't spend a lot of time on forums, but found this place when looking for plans for a custom gun cabinet.

I live with my family in Montana. I am a preacher, an Army vet, and proud to be a red-blooded American.

I'm looking forward to checking this place out...
Old April 14, 2012, 11:28 AM   #7608
Getahl

Good morning! I am a new member from sunny (today, anyway) California. I work in aerospace as a buyer, and wanted to stop in and say hi. I've been lurking for a couple weeks now, absorbing what information I can, and hoping to make a first purchase in the relatively near future.
Old April 14, 2012, 01:21 PM   #7609
Gixxer1k

Hi otasan,

from Saint Albans VT and attend an auto auction in Hartland every Thursday, nice to hear from a fellow Vermonter!
Old April 14, 2012, 02:59 PM   #7610
michaelbsc

Well. I guess I'll introduce myself too. I "officially" live in South Carolina, but in reality I live in hotels all over the mainland US doing contract work.

Have a farm in North Carolina where I grew up that I spend weekends when I'm not working out of town.

Main interest is black powder hand guns. Also have a couple of BP long guns. Just a few modern firearms. Somehow they never caught my attention like the BP stuff.

Mostly I like the reproductions because I can tinker with them, and if I wreck one I haven't wrecked a valuable antique. My wife says it's a science project for me, and I think she's right.

MB
Old April 14, 2012, 10:03 PM   #7611
Parabola

Im from South Carolina and I found this board during a search on Stevens 200 projects.I like long guns mostly and am a fairly new shooter.My new Savage .17hmr left me wanting a bigger boom so I'm starting a Stevens 200 .308 project rifle and welcome any wild hairs that pop up during the process.
Old April 15, 2012, 12:40 AM   #7612
Pete7

Greetings

This is a great forum. I'm a lefty who's in New Jersey. We're still allowed to shoot here, believe it or not.

All the Best,
Pete
Old April 15, 2012, 02:14 PM   #7613
TxWest

I am new here from Texas, been a hunter from the time I was big enough to go with my dad. I like large caliber rifles, 1911 45's, 10 and 12 guage shotguns and Rock River AR's. I joined to gain more knowledge, I do not know everything there is to know about guns, hunting, women, cars or motorcycles.
Old April 15, 2012, 09:51 PM   #7614
fattycakes

Hello THR, I am new. From New Mexico. Navy Vet. I like AR's and Bolt action 22's. Ok, I like all guns, teehee. Built my first Ar and now I have what doctors commonly call BRD or black rifle disease. I needs help.
Old April 15, 2012, 11:03 PM   #7615
Leatherman 2

Howdy Folks,

Leatherman 2. I'm new. Found this forum by accident. I am looking for a used Cooper Jackson Squirrel Gun in 22 lr. Anyone out there have one that they want to part with at a decent price?
Old April 16, 2012, 09:37 AM   #7616
Bristol Mt.Man

Hello Everyone. I would like to say hi and to introduce myself. I'm Tom, I live in upstate New York, in the land of every gun law imaginable. I shoot, hunt, reload, collect and am a NRA life member and also a member of Scope. Glad to have found a site with like minded individuals. Thanks.
Old April 16, 2012, 01:12 PM   #7617
FormerMarine1981

Hey Guys, I'm from AUstin TX and signed up here a while back but never really hung around because I didn't own anything at the time. Looking to change that now so I plan to purchase something soon and be more active. I do not have a vast knowledge but I have handled weapons before obviously so I look forward to learning more.

Ben

Last edited by FormerMarine1981; April 16, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old April 16, 2012, 01:59 PM   #7618
buggley

names Ben most folks call me buggley or subway either or.
my wife and i run a customs shop in braxton county west virginia
we arent gunsmiths in any way we just make things look perty
we both fish and hunt firearms are a large part of the house hold. we started the kids at very young age. we try to take the novlty out of it, if it s not new it isnt that interesting. firearms arent toys, they are tools we use them to live.
Old April 16, 2012, 03:52 PM   #7619
Leadguitarist19

Hey all,
I live near St. Louis, MO. I am looking forward to learning much more about firearms, specifically 1911s. If there is someone that is an expert regarding 1911s, please contact me. Thank you.
Old April 16, 2012, 05:48 PM   #7620
Inazone

Hi all, I'm from the Minneapolis `burbs, trying to expand on my firearms knowledge after a few years of very infrequent and informal shooting. I have a couple of 9mm pistols and .22 rifles, and hope to learn as much as I can online when I'm not able to get out to the range.
Old April 17, 2012, 04:59 PM   #7621
Unemployedshooter

Just joined today. Been shooting for about 12 years: recreation and in law enforcement. I like old military rifles, just picked up an Inland M1 last weekend. I like anything that catches my eye.

Currently in Western Washington. I enjoy tinkering with guns, but not a smith by any stretch.

Hopefully I can bring something to this website.
Old April 18, 2012, 12:50 PM   #7622
Dshrewsy

New guy

Hi all. Just joined today. I enjoy shooting of all kinds(especially hand guns). Do not have any kind of law enforcement background, buy have been shooting for the past 15 years.
Old April 18, 2012, 03:45 PM   #7623
jimboslice76

Hi all. I am a new member and my firearm interest is kinda all over the map. I work at my local gun store so I get to see and drool over a lot of different stuff on a regular basis. I guess my personal collection leans tward semi-auto handguns since I shoot those most often. I do have a small variety of long guns (a couple of AK's, AR's, .22's, and shotguns) but that is a more recent thing to try and become a better all-around shooter.
Old April 18, 2012, 09:57 PM   #7624
mmkkpro

new guy from wv

Hello all,just joined tonite,came across a thread while looking for grips for my hipoint jhp,i own a colt national match gold cup .45 also among others,looking forward to meeting you guys and talking guns.
Old April 19, 2012, 12:49 AM   #7625
SLKR0286

Bausch and Lomb 24x40mm Rifle Scope

Hi there,
My name is Rich, i just joined cause i am looking to hunt sometime soon this late summer/ early winter here in colorado. i just recently came across a Bausch and Lomb 24x40mm Rifle Scope and i have looked almost ecery where for this scope and can't seem to find any information on it. if there is anyone that could help me out i would really appreciate it.
thanks,
Rich