Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 309 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old May 19, 2012, 01:20 PM   #7701
DcHoll

Hello All

Hello
First off let me say very nice arrangement of topics you have here, My old Nick name is Doc" But my real name is Rob.I an Both a Marine Corps and
Army Veteran. I reciently needed some information on a old hand gun I just purchased. and the only place I could find the answer was here. very nice forum. Looking forward to making some new friends here...Doc
Old May 19, 2012, 07:08 PM   #7702
Diver9543

Hi All, my name is Jerry and I am a devoted Husband and loving Grandfather. I am an avid outdoorsman, well, use to be. Due to a few torn discs in my back I am not as avid as I would like to be. I have numerous firearms, both rifles and handguns. Every time I wanted to do any reloading I always went to a buddy’s house and he would help me with my 243. Well, I finally purchased a Lee reloader kit and I am having a ball. I look forward to helping where I can and learning from others knowledge. Thanks everyone.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:30 PM   #7703
Sheafe

I was reading a thread about the Taurus PT 22 and a guy said that about 10 years ago he had one stolen from his truck and if he could find the guy he would thank him. Well...you're welcome!!!
Old May 19, 2012, 11:37 PM   #7704
Old judge creek

Howdy, everyone... new kid on the block here. I'm 69 and every opportunity I've had in my lifetime, I've run the wilder places on the outdoors - before age 35 I spent my time running the swamps and woods of the deep south or paddling my canoe down the longest rivers (and creeks) I could find.

On my 35th birthday I came west and traded climates and geography. Here I've run the High Sierras, the deserts of the southwest (and trips to Alaska, The Yukon, and South and Central American jungles)... pretty much anywhere I could enjoy the bounty of wild places and my guns.

12 years ago I partnered with a couple of like minded gents that told me "You find that place you're dreaming about and we'll buy it with you!" Since then, we've owned a "ranch" in the high Nevada desert - off the grid, surrounded on three sides by BLM land and on the 4th side by a small mountain for a shooting back stop.

We built a SASS cowboy town on it and shoot matches there by invitation only (we have a 1000 hard rifle range on the place - and you can get an open shot just under a mile if you shoot across BLM land)

Our most fun though is ATV trains out into the deep desert... but I digress.

One of my "hobbies" is reloading and playing with my chronograph, etc. We often "test" our 44 mag revolvers at ranges you'd never believe

Anyway, as old men are wont to do, I'm rambling. I'm here because I was the original poster of the Volcano Game that Manny is so fond of, and he wanted to get the game rolling here, but wouldn't do so without my approval (he's a good guy). So After telling him, OK, I thought I'd register and perhaps come share stories about one of my favorite subjects - guns.

I'm old, seasoned and certainly not an expert... but HIGHLY opinionated. Experience WILL teach all of us sooner or later.

OJC

Last edited by Old judge creek; May 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Correct mis-spelled words
Old May 20, 2012, 08:45 AM   #7705
Ordsgt1

New guy

Here is a little info. about myself. I'm a retired Marine. I worked on the big guns from 105mm to 8", As I gained rank I took on the small arms. I love repairing and doing research on all weapons. they all have a story to tell. Some are cheap kit guns, or they could have bee used in the civil war. I just want to talk and restore guns.
'
Old May 20, 2012, 09:58 AM   #7706
wv hillbilly

hi everyone
got tired of all the crap on another forum, so i thought i would stop in here for a while.
i am from the eastern panhandle of wv. i am a retired union laborer. i like to hunt and fish, work in the garden and i am in the process of restoring my 68 camaro that i bought in 1972.
i might add that i have been a ffl dealer since 2004
Old May 20, 2012, 12:15 PM   #7707
Sam Crisafulli

Sam

Hi, my name is Sam Crisafulli...... I am 72 years old.........I collect any items of Civil War that mentions 1st light battery, Connecticut volunteers....1861-1865. I also like old coins and general antiques......thanks for reading my short life story
Old May 20, 2012, 12:18 PM   #7708
MC45

Hi
I'm a Minnesotan with a small collection of long guns and pistols I enjoy shooting I have drifted away from hunting in recent years and onto more pistol shooting I've learned allot here so far it's a great community to learn.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:30 PM   #7709
MrDig

Location: Where all the women are strong, the men are good looking and all the children are above average
MC45, Welcome from another Minnesotan.
here is a link to another thread of particular interest to Minnesota Members
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...10#post8173510

you might be inclined to join us.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:37 AM   #7710
Pavetrooper

Hi,

My name is John and I am interested in CAS and have recently purchased a Cimarron 20 inch 1866 Yellowboy chambered in 45 LC to get started. Picked it up on friday and got to shoot it on Sunday. What a sweet rifle out of the box, lever action is clean and quick, tigger pull is a bit heavy but did not hinder the first shoot, very accurate. I have always been a gun enthusiast and am excited to learn from the pros on this forum.

John
Old May 22, 2012, 08:24 AM   #7711
Ralph Lauretano

Not a new member - but don't know where else to put this. I'm "Hunter" (Ralph Lauretano). As a former Navy & Coast Guard sailor, and USAF Airman, I just want to acknowledge all of you who have signed that contrct with the United States to give your all, if necessary, to serve and protect this great nation of ours. That also includes your other family members who have done so, as well. God bless you and God bless us all for the sacrifices made for our country. May it long stand, and this present "dark period" that we are now going through end soon. (Mayber in November?) I salute you on this upcoming Memorial Day anniversary, my fellow Patriotic U.S. Military members! Hunter.

Last edited by Ralph Lauretano; May 22, 2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: mispelled States
Old May 22, 2012, 05:07 PM   #7712
phud

Hi all, phud here ,new here, today, in fact. My intrests are M-1s, going to CMP on May 24th to get my first M-1. Hope to get a nice SA SG. Son is going also to get his first. I'm sure we will have a lot of questions to be answered here. So any Garand guys get ready for some, probably, dumb questions.
Old May 22, 2012, 08:02 PM   #7713
htiek 64

hey all
new to this group.. i like all weapons
i own
feg pa-63
mossberg 590 da
ruger 22 sa
.45 black powder (kit ? says palmdale ca. R wason .45 cal)
Old May 22, 2012, 10:53 PM   #7714
dyna962007

Anyone else out there in the Saint Louis MO area?
I am former Law enforcement, shot on LE pistol teams and was Illinois board certified
firearms instructor for hanguns and shotguns years ago.
I am a certified NFTA personal trainer by trade.
I own tons of guns, AR's, Saiga 12 new, Beretta Storm CX4 new, I'm a glock and Sig guy, etc etc.
I am mostly interested in tactical/combat weapons.
I am in the middle now of doing major mods to the Saiga and Beretta.
I'm also a Harley rider.
And my girl and I love to boat at Lake of the Ozarks where I keep a cruiser.
Love to hook up with anyone of like interests
mike

Last edited by dyna962007; May 23, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:08 PM   #7715
Certaindeaf

Welcome to the THR.

Check out this forum..

http://www.thehighroad.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41
Old May 22, 2012, 11:09 PM   #7716
makkitty

Hi y'all

Hello all,
I'm LoneCoon's sister, nice to meet you all. I'm located in Ohio, and have three handguns. My first was an older .38 S&W who's still my main love, her name is Gracie. I also have a Bulgarian Makarov (hence the user name) and a Webley & Scott MkIV in .38 S&W, who is in Texas having surgery.

I like to target shoot, and recently found a great range in my area that has reactive targets, which are a blast. Nice to meet you all.
Old May 23, 2012, 09:58 AM   #7717
dyna962007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certaindeaf View Post
Welcome to the THR.

Check out this forum..

http://www.thehighroad.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41
thanks buddy,
Old May 23, 2012, 05:15 PM   #7718
Caligulla

Hi,

I'm a 50year old disabled cavalryman (3ACR) and national guardsman (512th Combat Engineers, Ohio) with an extensive collection of WWII weapons and a rather limited collection of mid cold war weapons (including a full auto trigger pack for my H&K collection to be passed around as needed), and some modern stuff (pimped M4's, FS2000, FiveseveN with a Gemtech SFN57 on it).

I'm still stuck in DFW area for now but am slowly moving out to some land in Northeast Texas where I'll have freedom to shoot more. I just have to buy a BUNCH more suppressors so that I don't get complaints about the constant noise :-)

Well, my closest neighbor is a quarter click away, so that might not be such a problem, except my wife has a Barrett in her little pile, and hasn't had a chance to REALLY play with it yet. I expect some noise complaints when she finally does.

I'm not particularly mobile so I don't make a great number of the local shows, particularly when my friend Joel isn't set up at one. I have a CHL but rarely use it, getting it mostly because I realized I kept rolling out of the house with my Glock 34 still on the side of my wheelchair. Better safe than sorry.
Old May 23, 2012, 05:28 PM   #7719
dyna962007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligulla View Post
Hi,

I'm a 50year old disabled cavalryman (3ACR) and national guardsman (512th Combat Engineers, Ohio) with an extensive collection of WWII weapons and a rather limited collection of mid cold war weapons (including a full auto trigger pack for my H&K collection to be passed around as needed), and some modern stuff (pimped M4's, FS2000, FiveseveN with a Gemtech SFN57 on it).

I'm still stuck in DFW area for now but am slowly moving out to some land in Northeast Texas where I'll have freedom to shoot more. I just have to buy a BUNCH more suppressors so that I don't get complaints about the constant noise :-)

Well, my closest neighbor is a quarter click away, so that might not be such a problem, except my wife has a Barrett in her little pile, and hasn't had a chance to REALLY play with it yet. I expect some noise complaints when she finally does.

I'm not particularly mobile so I don't make a great number of the local shows, particularly when my friend Joel isn't set up at one. I have a CHL but rarely use it, getting it mostly because I realized I kept rolling out of the house with my Glock 34 still on the side of my wheelchair. Better safe than sorry.
nice to have you aboard brother.
mike
Old May 24, 2012, 12:07 PM   #7720
diverdman

Im new to the thread so to start off ill introduce my self to all who cares to know. Im Dalton and i am pleased to know that i am in company of some knowageable people who knows firearms. i have a few questions that ill start in a new post so i can get some answers.

Thamk you for your time
Old May 26, 2012, 12:12 AM   #7721
CSC_Saint

Howdy, I'm Jonny, new here, but I've been reading a lot of postings over the last year whenever I want to find a review on anything gun related. I'm a army scout, been to Iraq and Afghanistan and played with all sorts of toys the military's got to offer. Spent my time in Afghanistan with a M-14 EBR, and Iraq with a M-24 and synthetic stock M-14, and M-82A1. I love shooting pistols, but since breaking my back in Afghanistan, I can't hold em steady very well anymore so I'm gonna start buyin rifles and get back into some of that shootin. This forum has been very helpful to me in the past and I hope to be able to contribute to this site
Old May 26, 2012, 12:15 AM   #7722
dyna962007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC_Saint View Post
Howdy, I'm Jonny, new here, but I've been reading a lot of postings over the last year whenever I want to find a review on anything gun related. I'm a army scout, been to Iraq and Afghanistan and played with all sorts of toys the military's got to offer. Spent my time in Afghanistan with a M-14 EBR, and Iraq with a M-24 and synthetic stock M-14, and M-82A1. I love shooting pistols, but since breaking my back in Afghanistan, I can't hold em steady very well anymore so I'm gonna start buyin rifles and get back into some of that shootin. This forum has been very helpful to me in the past and I hope to be able to contribute to this site
Welcome to the forums and thank you for your service to our great country.
MIke
Old May 27, 2012, 03:37 AM   #7723
eddiet16

Greetings from Mexico!!!

Hi!

I am a new member here! I live in Mexico. I`m a bussines man and Rural (Army Reserve unit)

I like military rifles, semi auto pistols, tactical shooting, police shooting, IPSC, IDPA and everything about firearm! I should like is learn more about firearm and make friends with same interest!

I have a

Glock 25 pistol
Colt 1911-A1,
Colt Trooper
Trejo 22 Lr Mod-1 pistol
Trejo Mod-3 pistol
Mexican Mauser 1932
Mauser 98 Snipper Customized
Mini Ruger 14 Ranch Rifle
Wichester Defender 1200

Regards for all!

Eddie T
Old May 27, 2012, 05:02 AM   #7724
Pion

Outsider Looking In

Hello. Im from a rural part of the South Island of New Zealand. Im interested in firearms from a survivalism view point. I have a back ground in Policing, Military and civil defence.
I own several firearms ranging from 12g shotguns through small calibre (.22) rifles to larger bore rifles. Pistol ownership is highly restricted in NZ but I have owned and dealt in handguns from .22 to 44's.
Looking forward to drawing on the wealth of info here and maybe being able to give a different view from deep down in the South Pacific.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:16 AM   #7725
10thMtn

Finally Joined After All These Years

I've been reading THR for many years but never joined. Last night, I took the big step and signed up, and I'm glad I did.

I spent over 20 years in and out of Ft. Drum. Just got out because it was time to let the younger guys do their thing, and other opportunities called. Life changes a little -- I'll be away quite a bit, but not for so long each time, and when I'm home, I'll be home, and that's new.

I love all things guns and knives, and I look forward to occasionally adding my input.