Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 319 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 30, 2012, 08:37 PM   #7951
gojuice101

New user from VA

Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum from time to time and finally got around to joining.

I'm from Virginia and I'm interested in just about every type of gun. I have everything from black powder sidelocks to WWII military rifles to my modern day Glock handgun, and I love to shoot them all. I also got into reloading a while ago out of necessity because I couldn't find decent priced cartridges for certain guns.

I've been hunting, shooting, and working on guns since I was young, so I've acquired a lot of knowledge over that time. There is already a wealth of knowledge on this forum, but I'll try to contribute whenever I can.
Old September 1, 2012, 12:32 PM   #7952
lone-wolf

Good day. The THR is always coming up in my google searches, figured it was time I join.
Old September 2, 2012, 03:15 AM   #7953
Thethickster

=

Hey everyone new to the forum dropping by to say, love to shoot currently own a GLOCK 17 GEN III, Marlin 25MN .22 Mag Bolt Action, and a Glenfield Model 30A (30-30).

Had a Marlin Model 60 .22, Mossberg pump action .410 shotgun dont remember the model but sold both.

Last edited by Thethickster; September 3, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old September 2, 2012, 01:38 PM   #7954
bendorfold

Hello from PA

Short intro. I'm a retired mechanic. Like to ocean fish at the Jersey shore.

I have my dad's (hunting rifle) 1899 30-40 Krag Carbine. It's no where near all original. From the info I've gathered from books and the web, it was made in Oct. of 1900. Based on the serial #, it should have a headless cocking piece but has a headed one. The stock looks like it may have been a rifle stock that is shorter than a Carbine stock. Also has a Redfield rear peep sight and a Lyman blade for the front sight. Still slugs at .308 with defined grooves. Oh, my dad put a recoil pad on the butt. I have a full box of factory Remington Kleenbore 30 USA, 220 grain SP with a price tag of $4.75. I reload new Winchester 30-40 Krag cartridges with Hornady 180 grain RN.
Old September 2, 2012, 10:40 PM   #7955
Ryan20

Hello, my name is Ryan. I am extremely new to the world of firearms. shot a gun for the first time last week. All I can say is I am hooked.
Old September 3, 2012, 08:50 AM   #7956
Finny

Upstate NY hunter fisherman with my teenaged son hi all
Old September 4, 2012, 09:39 PM   #7957
dbohubes

New member from St. Paul, MN here. Been a lurker for quite some time and finally signed up.
Old September 6, 2012, 10:40 AM   #7958
Bigg Jimm

Hello. I've been checking out this forum for quite a while and finally decided to join. I've gotten lots of good info from here over the years and hope to be able to contribute. I'm an all around Sportsman from MS who has a soft spot for spinning reels and things that go BANG! I'm an advocate of responsible gun ownership. I am also a Guy who like to get the most bang for his Buck. ( no pun intended ) I love my Ruger handguns. but I also own Smiths and Taurus. Thanks for having me.

Posted from Thehighroad.org App for Android
Old September 6, 2012, 06:43 PM   #7959
covconv

Southern WI here, long time lurker but finally registered the other day. Addicted to guns and now just getting into becoming addicted to reloading as well. Always happy spending a weekend outdoors with my boy trying to preserve and pass down some of the great times I used to have outdoors with my dad.
Old September 8, 2012, 03:21 PM   #7960
Riddler

Hello, Jim from PA. Like all kinds of shooting from Skeet, Hunting to 3-Gun. Done some research here and liked what I've read.
Old September 9, 2012, 04:50 AM   #7961
Bethelhntr

New to the forum and would like to say hi, I am from the Seattle area and have enjoyed hunting the state all my life. Into reloading, Shooting, Hunting and I'm a long time member of the NRA and the Second Ammendment Foundation.
Old September 9, 2012, 08:11 AM   #7962
Dok-J

Doc -J

Well I'm new to this forum I love my gunz. I'm a ex army medic currently in AFG working for the dept of state. Latest buy. Springfield M1A ..
Old September 9, 2012, 12:28 PM   #7963
jakeraney87

Hi all

Im an avaid hunter and shooter. I have lots of training in a veriety of weapons systems and a lot of useless gun knowedge. If anyone has any questions feel free to pick my brain. I may not know it all but I can point you in the right direction.
Old September 10, 2012, 09:25 PM   #7964
yanky79

I have lurked here now and again for a while and decided I should actually create an account and participate more actively. I am a 'weekeder' in that I enjoy hunting and shooting, but it is not a central activity in ly life. Fishing is my passion, but as a child I grew up doing competetive siloette target shooting (.177, .22 and high power (.22 was my favorite)). Now that I have teanagers I would like to get them interested in the sport as well.
Old September 10, 2012, 10:27 PM   #7965
keyfitter

Hello everyone. I have been finding this forum in quite a few of my random searches and enjoyed reading quite a few threads. Now, I finally got around to joining.

I enjoy hunting, fishing and guns and moved to Texas from New Hampshire almost 13 years ago. NRA Life Member.
Old September 11, 2012, 01:43 AM   #7966
Fernanda

Hoping to learn more

Total newbie here, hoping to learn more. I chose username Fernanda since it is the female version of the name Fernando - San Fernando III being an inspiration to me since he was a king in Spain who killed many Muslims in battle and yet still got canonized as a saint later. (I was a pacifist for many years, so I still struggle to overcome those habits of mind, and feel the need for reinforcing in my own mind the morality of taking up arms in defense. Fernando and other "warrior saints" are dear to me in this regard.)

Thanks to several males in the family who love to hunt, there are shotguns and rifles in our household. I'm not particularly interested in hunting, but I have enjoyed target shooting the few times I've tried it, and my primary interest is getting proficient enough for home defense in preparation for... whatever's coming.
Old September 11, 2012, 10:44 AM   #7967
dollman

ok my name steve i am from wales in the uk ,wales is the smallest country in the uk, i live in the mountain area of wales called the brecon beacons national park, my main shooting are varmints,deer and some waterfowl
Old September 14, 2012, 11:09 AM   #7968
blahpony

I'm a Linux sysadmin in Northern Virginia. I've been shooting for a few years but recently purchased my first gun (Beretta 92A1). I generally hang out at the NRA range in Fairfax.
Old September 14, 2012, 11:46 AM   #7969
PV2. Edwards

New to the site

Hey y'all I'm new to the site. I'm mainly into reloading and military weapons.
Old September 15, 2012, 01:17 PM   #7970
drush1962

Indiana

Hello! I'm David Douthitt from SC Indiana. I'm interested in Glock handguns, (some revolvers too) and higher-cliber long guns. I am also interested in prepping, survival, and the Tactical Defense Caucus. Ooooh, that's in print. Well, I'm sure the FBI is already lookig!
Old September 15, 2012, 05:15 PM   #7971
Lurkin

Just joined and looking for information about legal places to shoot other than ranges in Washington State. Into target shooting, love my XD 45 and getting into defense and survival for my family.
Old September 15, 2012, 07:26 PM   #7972
ScattergunJunky

Interested in Originality and Patina

I'm brand new to this site. I reside in coastal central California and primarily hunt waterfowl. I am a 3rd generation waterfowler. My interest here is in originality of legendary shotguns such as Ansley H Fox Doubles, Browning A-5s', Remington Model 11s', Winchester Model 12s' and Remington Model 58s' in the shotgun realm. As to rifles my interest runs toward Winchester 61s' 90s' and 94s' Remington 12s' and 700s' and Savage 99s' in that realm. As to handguns, Smith & Wesson early K-22s' and Combat 19s', High Standard HD-M or Military, early original Colt 45s', Woodsmans' and 3rd issue Colt Match Target in that realm. In Military stuff I am only interested in the Rock-ola .30 carbine. I have no interest in restored finishes nor kluged together mixed parts; just correct parts and correct patina, screws and parts. Optics are always interesting. I once knew just about enough to get into trouble. Now I know a little more and realize that a lot of you know a lot more than I do. I hope I can make a contribution to the members of THR.
Old September 15, 2012, 11:45 PM   #7973
tacxted

Hi Everyone!

my name is ted. im a newer pistol shooter. ive been hunting since i was able to. im an nra member and i like guns! once i am able to i want to start reloading.
Old September 16, 2012, 07:55 AM   #7974
JRWhit

Hey all. I have always been into hunting and sporting. Love to shoot clay. Like target shooting with my pistols. Recently been trying to edge into some competitions, just entry level stuff. Just started reloading, and decided to seek out experienced minds.
Old September 16, 2012, 05:08 PM   #7975
JanetRae

Hello, my name is Janet and i live in Vermont.
I've just joined and i'm looking for information on my US Springfield 1873. The serial number is 45405. I've been looking all over the net and found this site. Any info on this rifle would be very welcome
Thanks!
Oops..i just read at the top that this isn't the place for questions...i'll have to keep searching i guess.

Last edited by JanetRae; September 16, 2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: i saw new info-