Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 324 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 16, 2012, 10:53 PM   #8076
2steppin

Registered back in 09, but, have not been around. Thought it may be wise to re-introduce myself. Looking to move towards CCW cert and researching which hand guns to look into. Good to be back!!
Old November 17, 2012, 09:45 PM   #8077
notlem

just found this place .thought i would give it a try,i like any thing that goes bang
Old November 18, 2012, 03:42 PM   #8078
Darter

Hello,

I like hunting, fishing and pretty much anything to do with guns.

Thanks,

Joe
Old November 18, 2012, 05:47 PM   #8079
magnetsixdeuce

Hi Everyone

Got tired of lurking and thought i could throw my 2 cents in to some of the threads on the board.

Thanks!
Old November 18, 2012, 06:29 PM   #8080
cmbrown

just wanted to take a minute to say hello to all. i am mostly into rifles and reloading but also shoot pistols. i live in central florida and am an avid shooter.
Old November 19, 2012, 01:34 AM   #8081
foxx512

Gun enthusiast and avid hunter....

Hello everyone, my name is freddie. I am an avid outdoorsman, hunting and fishing. I live in marion county.
Old November 19, 2012, 01:04 PM   #8082
Hawk Hawken

I am a new Member. I like all kinds of shooting events. I shoot Black powder Revolvers and Rifles. I also have a colt 45 lc revolver and shoot that a lot .Also, I have a Ruger Old Army and I shoot it with blackpowder and with the 44, cal cylinder. gotta love it.
Old November 19, 2012, 11:43 PM   #8083
Paramedic

New kid

Hello, I just found this page and it looks like a good one. I love guns, my grandson loves guns. AR 15, building a 50 Beowolf right now. barrel should be in tomorrow. Big guns are my bag. 500 S/W 454 ruger, ect.
Old November 19, 2012, 11:44 PM   #8084
horsemen61

welcome to the high road
Old November 19, 2012, 11:50 PM   #8085
Paramedic

new kid

Thanks, gotta learn how it all works.
Old November 20, 2012, 12:39 AM   #8086
slidemuzik

Lurker now member

Hello from the Bluegrass State. I am a sport shooter and have joined after being refered here on many searches. Too much good info not to join.

I like semi autos best. Not afraid of polymer. Glock, Kel-Tec. Tried and true Ruger,S&W,Colt,Remington. I love some for pure function, some for the form and function like the 1911. I love reading about and seeing unusual firearms.

Looking forward to joining some of the great discussions here. Thanks for the great info I've found here for years.
Old November 20, 2012, 02:44 AM   #8087
Davo

Greetings from another medic!

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
-Mahatma Ghandi
Old November 20, 2012, 06:31 AM   #8088
MedWheeler

Keep in mind that this board can be addicting...
Old November 20, 2012, 06:42 AM   #8089
bikerdoc

Welcome!

Stumbled in here 6 yrs ago, haven't missed a day since.

Read all the rules, and stickies and you will be fine. A fine bunch of people to hang out with, and a great place to contribute, teach and learn.

I only have so many heartbeats left. I am not wasting them on things that are not fun.
VCDL, member, Curmudgeon
Old November 20, 2012, 06:19 PM   #8090
Johnny5.56

New from Charlotte, NC.

Hi guys. I'm new here, from Charlotte, NC. I look forward to enjoying the forums.

Thanks,
John.
Old November 20, 2012, 09:52 PM   #8091
Wmike24

New

Greetings from Virginia. I am new to desert eagles. Any help, especially 41 would be great
Old November 20, 2012, 09:53 PM   #8092
RipCMoredog

RipCMoredog is a tribute to my late husband

I am a 47 yr old female that has almost always had a gun as an adult. Never anything special just something for protection if needed. Have a gun charge in the state of TX for carrying a handgun without a license and that was a plea. Only charge ever and it was 3 years ago. Like to collect research and sell old guns. Like to learn about all guns I find it very interesting.
Old November 22, 2012, 01:20 PM   #8093
heasle

New guy here. I keep finding great information on here so I figured I should join.

I'm an equal opportunity gun enthusiast but the older historical stuff and anything hunting related are what seem to maintain my interest.
Old November 22, 2012, 09:37 PM   #8094
Heavyt

Hey all, Tom here signing in from Canada. Contrary to popular belief shooting sports have a healthy and enthusiastic population here in the great white north!, (although we are quite stifled by archaic laws made by liberal idiots).
I don't discriminate, I enjoy all things that go bang!
Old November 23, 2012, 07:55 PM   #8095
mww460

Hello everyone, just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Live right outside of Birmingham, AL. I have found alot of great information from this site. Love hunting, fishing, cars, etc. Just getting into reloading and have learned a lot just off this site.

Thanks Michael
Old November 23, 2012, 10:43 PM   #8096
Nebeel'sWife

Hello! I am Nebeel's wife. He got me started on this crazy ride so I'm here to learn as much as I can.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:31 PM   #8097
Atbat82

Hi guys,

Name's Tom. Complete noob, but doing my best to learn what I can as quick as I can. Been lurking here and on a few other boards (TFL, Shotgun World, etc). I live in a gun unfriendly state, but my CCL is pending (should be another week or two). I'm currently researching my first gun (or two) purchase. Most likely a 9MM semi-auto and a shotgun. I'm looking for HD/SD and probably some kind of sport shooting (trap, skeet etc).

Looking forward to learning from all of you.

-Tom
Old November 26, 2012, 08:51 PM   #8098
rmjcv

SoCal New Member

I'm a 40 year old male that, up until recently, had zero exposure to the gun world. Never shot a gun and to be honest, I was scared to be around them-City Life that grew up with hippie parents will do that I guess.

My 14 year old son seems to have a fascination with weaponry so I decided 6 months ago to address my fears so that I can make sure my son is learning proper safety techniques as well as finding a new way of bonding with my boy who's now a teenager and growing up before my eyes.

After passing the CHSC, I went out to a range and I'm happy to say that we're both hooked.

I'm hoping to get valuable information on safe practices as well as suggestions on where my son and I can continue improving our target skills in Southern California
Old November 26, 2012, 10:00 PM   #8099
johnny yuma 57

need info regarding barrell length

hey everybody,,, nice to be here with you...just reading some 5 yr old threads online regarding gun stuff made me feel I was back at the rifle club I used to belong to,,,good feeling...so I just signed up a few minutes ago...
I am looking hard at some bolt guns thinking I want one... One used 40XBR I found in .308 with tactical stock really appeals to me but then I found out it has a 16" barrel with a 1 in 9 twist!!!! why on earth would anyone want to do that to a long range weapon???
In reading the older threads I think to reach 1,000 yds it needs to be at least 20" ....is this correct???
Old November 26, 2012, 10:49 PM   #8100
TireIron

Im 14. I deer hunt in northern wisconsin. my deer rifle is a savage 111 30-06 with a vortex crossfire ii 3-9. I also have a rem. 1100 12 Ga.
I came to this forum because im looking to get into varmint/predator hunting and also longer range target shooting.
Primarily looking to get into a .223 bolt action for these hobbies.