Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 359 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old January 22, 2014, 01:17 AM   #8951
Hudnall

A quick Howdy!

Hey guys, new to this sight and wanted to say hello. I'm a LEO in Texas, and don't spend as much time shooting the different guns I own as I would like.

From time to time I will ask stupid questions and at other times I will put in my .02 cents! Looking forward to becoming part of a group that has simular interest!

Be warned, I use a spell checker, and don't see one on here....I can't spell for shirt! I am mildly dislexic, so leave me alone! LOL
Old January 22, 2014, 01:36 AM   #8952
Water-Man

Welcome.
Old January 22, 2014, 01:46 AM   #8953
9mmfan

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see another Texan on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudnall
From time to time I will ask stupid questions and at other times I will put in my .02 cents!
Thanks for both. Couldn't have a forum without it.
Old January 22, 2014, 02:15 AM   #8954
hartcreek

I too suffer from dyslexia and would benefit from a spell checker.
Old January 22, 2014, 02:18 AM   #8955
mnrivrat

Welcome !!

You won't catch any grief from me on spelling or grammer. I believe that is for a different board (or should be). Some on here will hammer you for a comma left out, so be aware and let it flow in and out.

What part of your life outside LE work do you dabble in firearms ? Hunting, target, compitition, gunsmithing, or ?

Favorite thing to do with shooting & favoite firearm .
Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788)
Old January 22, 2014, 02:28 AM   #8956
230RN
Contributing Member

Welcome!

Terry, 230RN
Old January 22, 2014, 02:50 AM   #8957
Midwest

Welcome
Looking for "ghost guns" which shoot "heat seeking bullets that cook animals" with "more thrusts per squeeze" using "magazines that can only be used once" featuring "the shoulder thing that goes up" and "assault weapons that can be bought at a store without a NICS check".

Moms Demand Action should change their name to Bloomberg Demands Compliance.
Old January 22, 2014, 04:40 AM   #8958
Hudnall

Thanks guys!

NMRIVRAT, used to be an avid hunter till I misplaced a shot on a deer with a bow. Found him two days later still alive, suffering and that was that! (95 to be exact)Now I pretty much just buy guns from time to time and get more enjoyment out of building and tuning it than than I do from shooting it. I live in the country so I have the luxury of being able to sit out back and plink.
Hogs are getting really bad in Texas so I am fixing to start on a 6.8 SPC and recommit myself to hunting.
Bought my nine year old daughter her first rifle (.22) and she has really taken to shooting. Can't think of a better way to build memories and teach life lessons!
Old January 22, 2014, 02:22 PM   #8959
1911guy45

New guy here

Hey guys. I'm new here but not to guns. I am a member on other forums but I thought I'd join here. Here are my guns.
Springfield Loaded 1911

West German SIG P226

Ruger MKIII

Henry Frontier 22LR

10/22

Thanks for reading.
Old January 22, 2014, 02:35 PM   #8960
Walkalong

You have nice taste.

Welcome to THR

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered another round. Author unknown.
Old January 22, 2014, 02:38 PM   #8961
1911guy45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkalong View Post
You have nice taste.

Welcome to THR
Thanks!
Old January 22, 2014, 02:38 PM   #8962
Dr. Sandman

Welcome! You don't have enough guns.
Reloading your own ammo is very similar to making your own beer. It can be fun, educational, and may be a good skill to have in a pinch. Rarely, you can really come up with something special. Most of the time, however, better product is available for less money at the store, all things considered.
Old January 22, 2014, 02:43 PM   #8963
1911guy45

Yeah, I'm working on that.
Old January 22, 2014, 03:03 PM   #8964
Hometeached1

Welcome, I second the "needs more guns", I'm working on building up my arsenal...uhm I mean my "collection".

"I rather be shot in the foot with a .50BMG than a .22 short to the base of the skull." Unknown.
Old January 22, 2014, 03:07 PM   #8965
chris in va

I paid $200 for my used Henry lever action 22. It has proven to be one of my favorite firearms, even more than my AR. There's just something about racking that action that brings back fond memories of my childhood.

-Aristodemus
Old January 22, 2014, 07:56 PM   #8966
Balliet

New

hey, yall. im from clarks hill, sc. i guess i would consider myself a trash assassin, at best, as far as the shooting that i do(cans, milk jug, paper plate). not much into hunting yet, but i live on a few acres on a creek so it may end up being to much to resist. mostly i enjoy shooting two glocks that i own more than anything. i have a 10\22 mag that is fun enough, two arisakas (99, 38), rem 141? .35, and a few others. dont do much shooting over 120 yds. would like to get into competition shooting, maybe idpa, nothing real serious. im sure questions will follow for all yall.

thanks,
Balliet
Old January 23, 2014, 12:42 AM   #8967
Ricardo de la torre

Ricardo de la torre

I simply want to be able to ask some questions about firearms.
I am a former law-enforcement officer for the state of Arizona, I helped Jim Gilchrist and Chris Simcox organize the Minuteman Project and was on the Board of Directors of Glenn Spencer's American Border Patrol.
I live 30 miles north of the Mexican border and have assisted our border patrol agents in the detection and apprehension of thousands of illegal aliens.
Old January 23, 2014, 12:55 AM   #8968
Ricardo de la torre

Many years ago my grandfather died and left me his revolver.
It was a 38/40 Colt on a 45 frame.
I stupidly traded it for a German Luger after about two years.
Can anyone tell me a little about that gun?
Sure wish I still had it.
Old January 23, 2014, 09:29 AM   #8969
lceel

New to this forum

Greetings from the far west suburbs of Chicagoland. I am a recent convert to "gun ownership" though I have had my FOID card for several years. I haven't fired a gun out of doors since I came home from Nam in 1966. I plan to correct that this year.

I have a S&W 22A-1 with a 7" barrel, a Bersa .380 auto (Thunder) and a CZ85B 9mm. I'm left handed and the CZ is ambidextrous in safety AND slide release. I also have a Savage Mark II .22LR w/Scope.

I don't have enough guns, enough ammo, and it's all WAY too expensive.
Old January 23, 2014, 02:49 PM   #8970
cinro

hey everybody i'm new here so cheers
Old January 24, 2014, 05:57 PM   #8971
rdgoody

About me

Hello: I'm new, and a retired senior. My interest's focus around hiking, nature photography and wildlife.
I just purchased a nice older 3" Ruger GP100 to carry in the woods.
I keep reading about increased Bear and Cougar attacks in some states. I know I may not have a chance to draw spray or weapon, but would like to prepare anyway.
Old January 26, 2014, 08:28 AM   #8972
moemeadors

Hey all. My name is Moe. Avid hunter and new collector as my father begins to transition his collection to me. Will have tons of questions! Might even have some trades coming as I begin to rework the collection.
Old January 27, 2014, 02:16 AM   #8973
MACSRET

Hi from the Philippines

Newbie here, living in the Philippines or have lived in the PI for the last 24 years. However, headed to ABQ NM in 2016 and can't wait to be able to posses, shoot anytime you want and able to carry concealed. Looking forward to reading and enjoying the discussions as well as learning. I don't post much so ..... be reading ya.....
Old January 27, 2014, 06:08 PM   #8974
Tkirkpatrick 46

I'm a new member and live in Gladstone, Mo. First time to this forum, although I have been linked here many times. Enjoy several outdoor sports including all types of shooting, and bird hunting. Glad to be a member of a community that supports our Bill of Rights.

Tom
Old January 29, 2014, 12:34 AM   #8975
Toothpic

Howdy all!
Name is Jason. I'm interested in reloading and looking to start out soon. I found this place through a friend on another forum dedicated to wet shaving and other gentlemanly pursuits.
I hope to learn a lot on reloading and firearms in general while I'm here.
Thanks!