Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 361 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old February 12, 2014, 10:03 PM   #9001
bratsky

Well, I live in northern montana and I am a hunter and shooter, I also like to reload. I am very much into historical firearms.
Old February 13, 2014, 12:28 AM   #9002
CHALK22

Welcome bratsky, what part of the state are you from?
Old February 13, 2014, 08:22 PM   #9003
Gilly78

So many of my reloading google searches direct me here. Looked around a bit and signed up. Been involved in one way or another with firearms for 20+ years now. Been a serious surf fisherman for the last 10, but life changes brought me to hunting again. So anyway here I am. I look forward to being a productive member here.
Gilly
Old February 13, 2014, 10:26 PM   #9004
Gunslinger1911x

Hello, I'm Chris and I'm 31 years old. I live in Missouri and work in construction and home repair. I love all firearms but handguns are my favorite. I also collect high end knives. Heard about this forum from some friends on Spyderco Forums.
Old February 13, 2014, 11:41 PM   #9005
Old Number 8

I'm a fan of handloading, S&W revolvers, SXS bird guns, Black Widow bows, Civil War history, and Beans Blaze Britts. I've lurked here from time-to-time and enjoy the information.
Old February 15, 2014, 11:43 AM   #9006
samba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hi!
This thread is a place for new THR members to introduce themselves.

Tell us a little about who you are and what kind of gun stuff you're interested in!
I'm a grandfather considering early retirement so to have more time with aging parents, my own children and grandchildren. Raised on hunting, fishing and hard work in rural west Tennessee. Worked mostly off the continent in past 25 years. Ready to get back home.
35 Rem., 300 Win.Mag, 7mm08 are paticularly interesting for reloading. Deer are taking over the family farm. I'm gonna have to try to take back. May need to recruit help.

samba
Old February 15, 2014, 01:10 PM   #9007
PurpleMountainOutdoors

Hey guys, I'm new here. I have a growing youtube channel for gear reviews. I hope to share some cool stuff, and learn a lot here.
Old February 15, 2014, 06:35 PM   #9008
dans4570

New Guy

Hello, I'm the new guy background is US Navy and very complex computer system (not pc's). I'm interested in all the aspects of the gun industry, mostly design and builds then actual shooting.
Old February 15, 2014, 07:21 PM   #9009
rudeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat1985 View Post
I'm new to this kind of stuff. My father was a gun enthusiest and I usually got all my information from him but he passed away and I'm getting my feet wet now. My feelings after reading a bunch of your threads is that this group is full of pro's and activists for weapon rights.

I love fishing and racing as well of course weapons. later

rat1985
Welcome

There are some very great people here. I'm sure not as great as your dad, but they are of a good stock.

I hope you enjoy it here.
Old February 15, 2014, 07:40 PM   #9010
Lonz

Howdy

Ran across the organization while I was trying to find some additional information on a Sears model 31 that I own. It was purchased new by my dad in probably '59 or '60. I'll get to that issue elsewhere.

Recently retired from nearly 40 years in Law Enforcement, been playing with guns since I was probably 5 or 6 and have been tearing them apart and putting them back together for almost that long. Owned my own shop for several years in the 70's and 80's but a divorce ended that.

Not as active as I used to be in the guns and shooting arena but still try to get out a couple of times a month and do something to keep me reasonably sharp.

Thanks for letting me join, hope I can be of some assistance or at least be able to put in my 5 cents worth........I've always been a bit long winded so 2 cents just won't cut it!!

Lonz
Old February 16, 2014, 06:56 PM   #9011
TheJackal

Hey Everyone

Just introducing myself here. My apologies as I just registered my handle as TheJackal, but just noticed an active user posting as Jackal. I will happily change that if possible to avoid confusion and stepping on another users toes.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I have several handguns; newest purchase being a reverse stainless Sig p220 Carry bought yesterday and my EDC being a modified M&P45c. I have a few rifles too. I have experience shooting in 3p/4p small bore leagues during high school and I am currently a college student seeking a career in law enforcement.

I live in Connecticut where gun ownership has become a very complicated right to practice under constantly changing and unconstitutional laws. As many threads on this forum have have helped me in the past I have chosen to register and become active to give back to this great community of gun owners. THR forum is an invaluable resource and the member base is outstanding. Much less bias and misinformation here compared few other popular forums which I will not name.

Cheers!
Mike
Old February 16, 2014, 07:00 PM   #9012
wgaynor

Hey! Welcome to the group. Anytime you want to move to a "free" state, Kentucky will welcome ya!
Old February 16, 2014, 07:49 PM   #9013
gbran

Welcome
Old February 16, 2014, 09:56 PM   #9014
dav42070

Howdy

Found this place awhile back and thought I would join. Hope to add my 2cnts on some of these fine threads yall start. Born in the great state of KY and now live in the Republic of TEXAS.
Old February 17, 2014, 01:23 AM   #9015
thatotherguy

Hello From Michigan

Hello,
I live in West Michigan and I am a single father. I love my firearms.

thatotherguy
Old February 17, 2014, 07:46 AM   #9016
vaupet

welcome
have a great time

peter
Old February 17, 2014, 08:20 AM   #9017
bannockburn

dav42070

Howdy right back at 'ya. Welcome aboard to THR.
Old February 17, 2014, 07:30 PM   #9018
rudeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatotherguy View Post
Hello,
I live in West Michigan and I am a single father. I love my firearms.

thatotherguy
Good to see another Michigan guy. I'm in Grand Rapids.
Old February 18, 2014, 08:29 AM   #9019
elo09001

Hi everyone,
I'm Elliott from CT, recent University of Connecticut graduate with a degree in Natural Resources, concentrating in Fisheries and Wildlife. Absolutely love the outdoors and everything there is to do outdoors. Hunting and firearms are new to me, as I bought my first few for the November shotgun/rifle season in 2012. Looking to talk civilly with anyone in regards to firearms and their use, whether practical or for enjoyment.

Thanks
Old February 18, 2014, 01:38 PM   #9020
clintage3

I'm Clint in VA. Own a Glock 19, XDS 9mm, and have a video in the Glock ID Wrong Pick contest. It's called "Wrong Block Party" You can vote on it at http://id.glock.com. I appreciate any votes! If I win, I get to go I Hollywood and film the actual commercial with Glock and The Gunny. I think you'll like it the best and you'll get a kick out of it.

Thanks! Looking forward to the forum!
Old February 18, 2014, 09:36 PM   #9021
Jplo

Im Javier, from Ica, PERU. I have a New England Firearms single shot Pardinger model shotgun. I joined the forum to learn about firearms. I also enjoy hunting, fishing and enduro trail riding.
Old February 19, 2014, 01:27 AM   #9022
Brake Weight

What sort of wild game do you hunt in Peru? I'd like to visit one day.
Old February 20, 2014, 10:42 PM   #9023
Jplo

Well I shoot pigeon mostly, we have the normal ones and some smaller faster ones that come in the rainy season which are a real challenge. There is also deer in higher altitude. In the jungle there is everything, but I draw the line at what I eat.
Old February 23, 2014, 11:18 AM   #9024
trapperP

Greetings! As a 'just joined' new member I'll tell you I found this site doing a search for info on a 1917Colt revolver that I own. Have been a collector for more years than I like to think about and currently in process of reducing the collection down to the ones I actually need and use, if such a task is possible.
I currently live in Georgia and my main outdoor pursuits are fishing and hunting waterfowl.
Looking forward to joining in meaningful discussing on the site.
Thanks, and
Best regards,
trapperP
Old February 23, 2014, 11:22 AM   #9025
blackpearl

New Guy !!!!

Hi All.
I am from Southwestern Wisconsin . I am a Trim Carpenter and Furniture Designer & builder. I am currently working as a Gunsmith in a small shop and loving the break from the stress and dust . I am a collector of Military Surplus long guns and .22 rifles and do stock restoration and repair when necessary. Cheap old .22's are my favorite to restore as are sporterized surplus rifles . Looking forward to meeting you here on the threads.
Rick.

Tags
info, ruger