Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 52 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 17, 2007, 02:45 AM   #1276
Nematocyst

... and we continue walking up the stairs to excellence ...

Blades, Levers, Sticks & Wheels
Old September 17, 2007, 03:58 PM   #1277
razorblade31

I am a college student in NY. I am interested in both handguns and longguns. Right now my only gun is a marlin 25M, but I am looking at a ruger hawkeye in either 257 roberts or 25-06.
Old September 17, 2007, 05:59 PM   #1278
neauone

Hi Neauone here

Hi my handle is neauone, originally from N.Y.C. living in the south now 24 years and wouldn't trade it for anything. Big sports fan, College Football, Pro Football, etc.
Old September 18, 2007, 03:34 PM   #1279
firepig3

fng

Howdy fellas,

Thought I might drop a few lines to introduce myself real quick. I don't consider myself a real collector, as I don't own any obscure hard to find weapons, but I do enjoy owning and shooting guns both hand and long rifles. I would say of my small collection I enjoy my SA 1911, and my savage lever action .243 the most.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
Old September 18, 2007, 06:36 PM   #1280
researchanddestroy

Hi, I'm researchanddestroy and I love guns. That being said I look foward to being on a forum (this is really my first one). Anybody recommend some good threads?
Old September 18, 2007, 09:32 PM   #1281
Anthony B.

hey everyone my names anthony i love to go hunting and just go shooting and i LOVE guns i mainly go deer and duck hunting.
Old September 18, 2007, 09:40 PM   #1282
james_bond

OH sorry just saw/found this thread I am james from the seattle area but in idaho at the time for school I LOVE my XD M-44 and 870 and have a wishlist of about 20+ guns long and mabe with some luck I can get them.
Old September 19, 2007, 08:24 AM   #1283
jason1173

Hey everybody, my name is Jason and I'm from south Alabama. I've been lurking around this great site for a few weeks now and have learned a lot! I've just recently gotten back into shooting and I'm enjoying teaching my wife the basics.
Old September 19, 2007, 12:19 PM   #1284
robf

Hi,

New member here, my name is Rob. I've been interested in shooting and firearms since high school when I went on a camping trip with some friends. First time I got to shoot various guns, after that my Dad took me to the range to shoot his 38 special.

For years didn't own any firearms, just used my friends when we went to the range. Finally last year I bought a few for myself, a 870 sohtgun, 10/22 rifle, Buckmark 22, and a Springfield 45. Currently I'm looking for a nice .308 rifle for outdoor range shooting.

Thanks,
Rob
Old September 20, 2007, 07:56 AM   #1285
bj5404

Just want to Hi! I'm BJ5404 I would like to thank the moderator for allowing me to be part of this group.
Old September 20, 2007, 08:41 AM   #1286
P97

Welcome !!!
Old September 20, 2007, 09:03 AM   #1287
romma

Welcome aboard!!
Old September 20, 2007, 12:59 PM   #1288
skipjack_1st

Finally new!

After seemingly endless problems getting it all together, I'm now a member. Been 'ghosting' for awhile but now I can post. Look forward to getting to know this bunch of kindred souls....

skipjack_1st
Old September 20, 2007, 02:08 PM   #1289
ranger58

welcome

skipjack_1st, this is a great forum you can have all of your tech questions resolved here by some very knowlegble gun enthusiats, and camaraderie talk also, have fun.

R58
Old September 20, 2007, 02:28 PM   #1290
czbegenner

WE WELCOME YOU ,Have fun learn and talk
Old September 20, 2007, 04:20 PM   #1291
Dydla

Hi All,
my name is Dydla and I am a shooter / not hunter / from Czech Republic.I own a CZ 75 IPSC, Glock 19, Kel-tec P-3AT and Remington 870 Express 12 ga. I am glad of the opportunity to read and maybe discuss all we are interested in shooting and weapons . And I hope that you will be tolerant of my English . Thanks, Dydla.
Old September 20, 2007, 09:23 PM   #1292
bioyatexas

Because I can...

I buy, collect and shoot as many weapons as I can.
New DPMS LR308...24"SS, DNTC Comp, Timney Trigger, PRS Stock, MIAD Grip..
New m4gery with rock river lower, Stag Arms Upper..Nice rig..
Para P14 .45 ss
and many many more...
South Texas Native....
Get as many as you can, cuz someday we may have someone say we can't...
Old September 20, 2007, 09:47 PM   #1293
31stSquad.com

Hey

Howdy, how ya'll doing? I like the forums.
Old September 20, 2007, 10:06 PM   #1294
NeoSpud

Hello.

Buh bye.
Old September 20, 2007, 10:09 PM   #1295
.cheese.

we like this forum too.....

for future reference, and not to sound mean, it is highly advisable to have more content to your posts than just essentially "hello" followed by a link to your site, as it looks like spam advertising.

How about as a show of good faith you tell a little about yourself and what brings you to The High Road.

It would be a good start and would get this thread going in the right direction.

Check out the unofficial THR chat-room!
Old September 20, 2007, 11:51 PM   #1296
Hatchman

Hello

New to the site, heard about it from the Ogre. I grew up with guns hunting and shooting. I own rifles and shotguns for hunting. Pistols and shotguns for SD and HD. Served in the USMC. I carry whenever I can, but it is tough here in CA. Glad to be here, I have read some interesting and knowledgeable posts already. I will be talking to you guys.
Old September 23, 2007, 08:59 AM   #1297
spentbrass

Lurking for a couple of weeks, now registered.
I have a Ruger SP101. Learn to shoot in the Marine Corps, haven't shot a firearm in 20 years until last week!
And I am still a very good shot!
Old September 24, 2007, 06:05 AM   #1298
Quaestor

Smile

Hi, I'm from Russia, Moscow, I have only recently received a license, will soon buy myself a handgun and want to go join IPSC for target practicing. It's hard to find a place for practicing in such megapolis as Moscow
Old September 24, 2007, 11:45 PM   #1299
fordisto

Hello from Western NC. I work for a state law enforcement agency. I enjoy learning about any firearms I am not familiar with. This site has great diversity. I enjoy unique firearms and calibers, such as Thompson Center Contenders, TCR rifles, mannlicher stocks, stainless/walnut combos, 6.5x55, 7-30 waters. I have recently also found beauty in "black rifles", and while I don't currently own one, the Springfiels SOCOM is calling my name.
Old September 25, 2007, 08:22 PM   #1300
pfrnkln

Howdy

Hey all,
I'm Paul from western NY. Avid hunter - mostly deer and turkey, I also enjoy poppin' off varmints. My favorite gun is my Remington 710 30-06. I also have a few others - shotguns, an old Savage 22 and a couple muzzle loaders. I reload my own and am building up my cabnet again after I sold off a few years ago (pay the ex wife thing....nevermind) Anywhoo... I spend as much time as I can in the woods (or on the old harley) and have a thing for survival training. I am currently trying to get my pistol permit - a MAJOR issue in NYS. I am a proud dad of sons and daughters that are good shots (and one son who is advanced infantry and heading for ranger) and prefer the outdoors to video games. I caught this forum while doing some pre-deer season research and found so much info and, THANK GOD, intelligent people that I had to join up.
Keep the faith and your powder dry!
Paul

Never argue with a moron, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

MAN territory ! - www.man-cave.org