Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 55 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 11, 2007, 11:01 PM   #1351
ColinthePilot

I'm new to the forum. I'm in a forum for most of my other hobbies but I hadn't joined one for my shooting interests yet.
I'm active duty military and own mostly historic, if not collectors pieces.
I have a Yugo SKS that some presumably Yugoslavian soldier carved his girlfriend's name into (Milka)
I also have a Beretta 1934 that was issued to the Italian Army in 1943. Its been in my family since a Navy poker game in the mid 50's.
I just took delivery of a CMP M1 Garand. I'm taking it out to the range for the first time tomorrow.
Finally, I carry a Taurus PT-111 Millennium Pro in 9mm.
I also have a handful of old guns we found in my grandparents' house but they're not in safe firing condition, so I don't count them.
My collection will be growing. Another pistol will be next, probably in .40S&W or .45 Auto. I'm embarrassed to say I don't own a .22, so I'll have to fix that, and similarly, everyone needs a Mosin Nagant, including me. Aside from that, weapons of opportunity are always possible purchases.
Old October 12, 2007, 01:09 PM   #1352
oldredneck

I'm a 65 year old recently retired network administrator. I live in SW Mississippi and enjoy shooting, deer hunting, and gardening. I enjoy visiting several firearms forums in order to pick up some good pointers and tips about shooting and firearms in general.
Old October 12, 2007, 05:40 PM   #1353
Wolfgang2000

Hi there. I'm a retired LEO that has always been a "gun person". I look forward to interacting with other "gun people".
Old October 13, 2007, 04:59 PM   #1354
mmpow66mm

Talking howdy

hi,im Mike.glad to be aboard.
Old October 13, 2007, 09:14 PM   #1355
Scanr

Welcome all!

All I can say to Obama is... ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old October 14, 2007, 02:34 AM   #1356
JeremySmith

Hi! Been lurking for years, and finally registered. Big 1911 fan, lifetime indiana ccw permit, and a weakness for old jeeps that run intermittantly. A couple of my faves:

Super Redhawk in 44 mag (Happy birthday to me from the wife a couple years ago)
Kimber Custom Classic
Browning Buckmark
Old October 14, 2007, 03:29 AM   #1357
bowecho

Hey all!

I've been lurking on this site for probably six months or so. I'm fairly new to world of firearms. Purchased my first handgun a little over a year ago, an XD9. Didn't keep it too long, and now my collection consists of:

Ruger 10/22
Mossberg 500
Kimber Pro Carry II
Ruger Single Six
SIG P229

Looking for my next purchase to be a new rifle or another revolver. I'm hooked!

Thanks all!
Tony
Old October 14, 2007, 10:52 AM   #1358
Cracker1961

Smile Not really a FNG

Haven't ever introduced myself. From Blaine, Mn. Love handguns, especially anything chambered in 10mm! Actively carry and shoot. I do all my own reloading and have since 1986. Active Hunter, RC Flyer, Fishing (when able), Shooter.
Old October 14, 2007, 10:55 PM   #1359
DumDum

Hello.
Have an historical interest in warfare, and old military firearms.
Proud to have a very small collection: M1, M1 Carb., 1911-A1, MN M-44.
Would like to learn what I can. Contribute the same.
From what I've seen here, I'll learn a lot more than I'll be able to contribute.
Old October 14, 2007, 10:58 PM   #1360
Raspu10

new here, not to guns.. 2 years knowledge research.

Own A Glock 17 And Not Stopping There. Looking into buying A 1911. And Going To Get S&W 642 For Carry.

i like this face ----> Lol
Old October 14, 2007, 11:02 PM   #1361
DumDum

Message for ColinthePilot

Wow!
You're the only one I've ever heard of that received a CMP M1!
How would you rate it's condition?
Old October 15, 2007, 03:25 AM   #1362
possum

welcome one and all great to have ya'll along.
Old October 15, 2007, 11:39 PM   #1363
mike6161

Talking

hi been looking at this site for a month so i singed up I like 22 rimfire because thatís what I have thinking of getting a 9mm:cool im a gun nut have been from when I was 2 when I got to look at my dads old guns and ammo magazines and sins then I have love guns
Old October 16, 2007, 09:33 AM   #1364
Flfiremedic

Hi Everyone...have been posting for about a month but didn't know about this new member board. Im Dave a firefighter paramedic from Florida. Im a former law enforcement officer, and just got hired away from the Fire dept to go off shore and a fire/safety/medic on an oil rig in Egypt. Have been around firearms all my life and recently got back into them. I thought I had my addiction beaten, but went in a gun shop for a few min and ended up buying an M44 Taurus. I also found and purchased a shotgun I had been looking at for years...1187 Upland. Now trying to refill my gunsafe. Looking at a Bushmaster next, then some rifles I want...Remmy 700 CDL 30-96, Model 7 7mm08, Guide Gun in 45/70 and then who knows. My other hobbies are Sport Bikes (Hayabusas) scuba diving, fishing, and I've started hunting again too. Anyway really enjoying this board, and thanks for making me feel welcome.
Old October 16, 2007, 02:46 PM   #1365
U-235

Hello

Hi, I live in Minneapolis MN and currently work for a Medical Device Manufacturer. I'm an ex Navy Nuclear Propulsion Plant Operator. I've been reading posts at THR for quite a while but this is my first post. I am mostly into handguns (I have my MN concealed carry permit). My collection so far:

PPK
Glock 23
Sig P226
Ruger SP-101
S&W 642 (my next post will be to the 642 club thread!)
Springfield Operator .45

Next purchase will be either a G30 or XD .45 Compact, haven't decided which one yet!
Old October 16, 2007, 08:51 PM   #1366
rocklocker2

howdy,names Ted,been around a while .I'm into muzzle loaders and have 3 tcs, 54 renegade ,45 hawken flintlock,50 new englender.also a pedersoli kentucky long in 45 and a new cva kodiak magnum.shoot a savage mk2 light rifle and this year i got a marlin 30-30 for deer season.my other vice is archery.wife dont believe i need 8 bows and a new crossbow.ya know how they are.
Old October 17, 2007, 09:42 AM   #1367
Owen
Moderator Emeritus

salmanq,

post your question in the appropriate forum, and you should get plenty of replies.
Old October 17, 2007, 09:44 AM   #1368
Owen
Moderator Emeritus

DumDum,

there are dozens of members here that have received M1 from CMP. Just do a search for CMP M1, and you should find hundreds of threads.
Old October 17, 2007, 10:19 PM   #1369
dcbrown

New poster, learned about this forum after find it referenced from a bowhunters forum that I belong to. I have hunted most of the NW and Alaska, currently resideing in Texas for a little over seven years now. I am a Texas concealed license holder and own several handguns and rifles, with my concealed weapon currently a DaeWoo Dh-40 40 cal. Looking forward to reading the information on this forum.
Old October 18, 2007, 12:34 PM   #1370
CCWINNC

New member here. I am currently on DC.com and OC.org. Seen many references to this site and figured I would join.

HK P2000 .40SW
Para Ord Tac 4 .45acp
XD 9 Service
XD 9 SC
Taurus 651 .357 mag
Old October 18, 2007, 02:27 PM   #1371
Mulliganpaintdee

Hello,
Ive been lurking here for a while trying to better educate myself on pistols. Ive been shooting rifles of all sort since I was 6 years old. Ive just recently taught my wife how to use a .50 cal musket becuase I go hunting every year for whitetail and this year she will be joining me. She wants a pistol for christmas but Ive never fired a pistol in my life. Hope to learn from a few of you here. Cheers
Old October 19, 2007, 02:55 AM   #1372
jds327

Hi im new here im from NC. My intrest in guns came on my 17th birthday when my stepdad gave me his old marlin model 60 and a brick of ammo. My passion for firearms has continued to grow since then. I currently on 4 guns (the marlin being one of them) and plan on buying a 5th sometime this year
Old October 19, 2007, 09:07 AM   #1373
stownsend

Just signed up...been lurking for a while. I enjoy just about every aspect of hunting and shooting. I own a couple rifles, a few more shotguns, some pistols, one revolver and a collection of civil war era handguns. This place looks like a great resource!
Old October 19, 2007, 09:18 AM   #1374
OldCrow

Just joined, I own 7 rifles, 5 pistols, and 4 shotguns. I've seldom bought a gun I didn't want to keep (1911 Taurus copy I owned for a week). Moved to Ak last summer and just used this site to gather information to purchase my newest rifle a Stainless Weatherby-Vanguard SUB-MOA in 338 Win Mag w/Accubrake and 3x9x40mm Rifleman Leupold scope/rings/base (it's the best I could afford). I'm looking to glean as much knowledge as I can from the members of this forum
Old October 20, 2007, 11:12 AM   #1375
poet

Hello everybody, new member from Orange County, California. Was just introduced to this site and am looking forward to learning and interacting. Will be reading up for a while trying to get up to speed. Looking forward to exploring the various threads.

Tags
info, ruger