Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 58 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 11, 2007, 10:48 AM   #1426
funshooter

Hi from OHIO

Hello all.

Just joined this morning after finding the forum while looking for info on a jamming problem with my Buckmark. Looks like some great info and discussions.

I am a relatively new shooter. I have recently been shooting in an indoor pistol league - learning the ropes and improving every week.

I own several rifles and pistols. It all started when I took the CCW class and bought my Glock 27. Also own a cheap Hi Point 9mm (which is more accurate than I was told, although bought just for plinking), Colt Mustang .380, S&W 686Plus, Ruger SP101. Rifles - Rock River NMA2 (took the Small Arms Rifle School this summer at Camp Perry and decided to learn highpower), brand new Henry H001, Hi Point 9mm carbine (fun for plinking), cheap home defense pump shotgun (hatsan?), Ruger Mini-30 (probably will be selling).

I am just now getting involved in target, and hopefully competitive, shooting. There are so many different categories and types of competitive shooting - I hardly know where to start.

I am also interested in learning sporting clays, trap and/or skeet - will be looking for a good beginner shotgun for that in the near future.

I am 55, retired ATC. Also into motorcycles, learning horses.

Not much more to tell. I am looking forward to exploring this forum.

Thanks!
Old November 11, 2007, 12:04 PM   #1427
foodstr2

New (FREE) website for Buying/Selling Firearms In-State

Not sure where this post belongs, so am putting it here, to be safe... Please advise if it should go to another subject. Thanks!

I wanted to alert you that yesterday we opened a FREE classified site dedicated to helping people buy or sell firearms from/to people IN THEIR OWN STATE. As it turns out, it's legal in MANY states to buy/sell/trade firearms between INDIVIDUALS without having to register the transaction nor to report it to any government agency. Many people don't know that.

(Of course, there ARE precautions the seller should take to protect himself/herself in case of illegal use of the weapon, like get a photocopy of driver's license, a signed receipt for the weapon, etc., which can be found elsewhere online.)

At any rate, for anyone interested, you can visit the IN-STATE FIREARMS SALES classified website at:

http://www.internet-grocer.net/cgi/c...lassifieds.cgi

As I said, it's brand new, so firearms-for-sale are scarce at the moment, but feel free to post a firearm-for-sale, or a want-to-buy. There is NO CHARGE for this service, not even for posting a photo .... once the site becomes known, I think it will be a valuable resource, so please tell your friends!

Best wishes to all!

Bruce Hopkins
Best Prices Storable Foods
http://www.internet-grocer.net
foodstr2 AT gmail.com
Old November 11, 2007, 02:42 PM   #1428
Bullett

Hi there everyone...

I joined up here about 18 months ago but traveling has gotten in the way of posting. I've recently posted a little in a few other sites but like the feel of this one the best. Have a few handguns, (have CCW) and just one .22 rifle and one nice 12 gauge for unannounced late-night visitors. But I hope it never comes to that.

Looking forward to joining in and asking a few Qs, and maybe even offering a little advice to new gun owners. Hmm, I see in my cp that I have a couple of unanswered posts to attend to.

Later...

- Ian

All those who believe in telekinesis raise my right hand.
Old November 11, 2007, 03:22 PM   #1429
Steellord

Thumbs up New member saying Hi.

Hello all,

I'm known online as Steellord, and I'm a Michigan gun owner and hunter.
I'm into all things gun related and much more that isn't.
Old November 12, 2007, 09:06 AM   #1430
chrisintx

Hi

I don't have any guns, yet. I've been spending alot of time on this site checking out what everyone has to say, it's been VERY big help in trying to pick my first gun. I haven't been shooting in like 10-15 years, so I'm really looking forward to doing that again. I'd just like to say thanks for everyone for all the info.
Old November 12, 2007, 11:57 AM   #1431
Franksterm1

Hello all, I've been interested in guns and shooting sports since I was a kid. It's great to have such a wealth of information and experience in one location.
Old November 12, 2007, 05:57 PM   #1432
stevereno1

I'm a new member, I love hunting and defensive pistols and shotguns, I want an ak. I grew up in Chicago Il. and joined a gang at the age of 12. i saw many of my freinds die, and was present at two shootings, I saw my friends shot. One lived after a 4 month hospital stay, and the other just got a through and through above the elbow. After my parents had enough of living in the ghetto, and seeing my friends getting killed and maimed, and me and my brother getting locked up for various charges, they moved us to Georgia, I was under 17 when all of the charges happened, It took me at least 5 years to get over living in complete crap, and now I am am a shooter, hunter, husband, and a well-adjusted citizen, although I think that I am wiser on the streets than you.

G-17
G-27
Kimber classic custom series 1
Colt Anaconda .44
taurus 85 hammerless
weatherby vanguard 7mm. rem. mag.
winchester model 70 30-06
marlin 336 30-30
marlin model 60 22 lr
mossberg 500 persuader 12 ga. 18"barrell
browning b-80 12 gauge
t/c woods riflw .50 cal
Old November 12, 2007, 09:20 PM   #1433
cobrian45

Hey, all. I'm new to the forum but not to guns. I heard about THR from a friend during our annual "guys weekend/shoot". I have hunted and shot guns since I was a wee one and was a professional big game guide for 4 years. Mostly exotics, but managed White-tail and birds as well. I enjoyed every minute, but the woman in my life didn't like the hours. Now I'm a banker and hunt for myself instead of for others. I have no specific preference on guns. I love them all. However, my Baer is my baby. I do have more rifles and handguns, but that doesn't mean I'm not looking for more shotguns. I'm looking forward to some good gun discussion with everyone. So far I've seen good stuff. Not too catty, which I can't say I've seen with other forums. Religion, politics, and guns you know.
Old November 13, 2007, 01:43 PM   #1434

hello, i live in HOUSTON TEXAS, new to the board. i own 2 ruger 9mm pistols, p94 and p95, a marlin 60 22lr, ak 47, and 2 shotguns, 12 and 20 gauge, both with the 18.5 inch barrels. hope to learn alot from this board. thanks.
Old November 13, 2007, 05:01 PM   #1435
Luggo

Hi, I'm in the low 40's live in northeast Texas, practice law, own numerous hanguns and shotguns, enjoy some reloading, clays. I am a CHL holder and consistently dissatisfied with my leather/clothing/concealment issues. It's a favorite gripe, one day I will find the perfect setup and have nothing left to gripe about....
Old November 13, 2007, 06:31 PM   #1436
the_original_desertdawg

Hey everybody!!!Thought I would check out your happening 'lil forum...

peace and good will,yall...
Old November 13, 2007, 11:08 PM   #1437
ZigZagZeke

New Here

I'm new to this forum, but not guns. I've been a hunter since I could walk. I just turned 60. I've had a bit law school and currently work as an analyst.

I own the following:

Ruger Mark III slabside, stainless w/ rubber grips.
Colt pocket .32 auto
Berreta .25 auto

S&W (Howa) .30-06
Ruger 10-22
Marlin 336C .30-30

Ithaca 37 feathweight 20 gauge
Browning Citori 12 Gauge 3-1/2"

I also own a Remington #1 rolling block that is presently in the process of being converted from .38 Long RF to .357 Mag and otherwise restored to its original condition. I'm doing all the new wood myself. Rechambering and relining the barrel, and refinishing the metal is being done by the best craftsmen I could find. I can hardly wait to shoot it. It belonged to my GGrandfather and hasn't been shot since about 1920.
Old November 13, 2007, 11:38 PM   #1438
Jub

Hi from Maryland

Just found this site - looks like a mine of information.
I am an implant from the UK, we don't have much in the way of shooting left over there...

I was a cadet in school and participated in lots of rifle and mg shooting events and competitions. Joined the Territorial Army (UK equivalent of the NG) when I got to college and managed to try out a lot of neat weapons over the next few years.

Hoping to get back into shooting - looking for a range in the Towson, MD area if anyone knows of one.

Cheers,
Jub
Old November 14, 2007, 03:53 PM   #1439
Mrs. Cuts

Hello Everyone...

I am a new member here on THR. My husband has been on here a while. Although I was very Anti-Firearms when we first met, he showed me the good side of them and they can actually be a fun thing.

I am signing up for my CPL license and am thinking about getting a CW9. Not sure yet if that is "THE" one. It's kind of like picking out a new husband... only now I can have a lot of them!

So if you have any ideas as to what would be a good carry gun for a petite gal, let me know... I'm interested in trying out a few things.
Old November 14, 2007, 08:38 PM   #1440
Henry Bowman

Welcome, ma'am. Hope you find us well behaved and informative. If you want good insight on "a carry gun for a petite gal," I recommend http://www.corneredcat.com which is the creation of THR member, pax.
Old November 15, 2007, 10:09 AM   #1441
pullmytriggerfinger

My first reply to a THR thread. How cool is that?! Born and raised in a small Arkansas town, I've had a gun by my side almost every day of my life. I like em all, from pistols to shotguns. Lately I've taken more intrest in .22 rifles. Thinking of getting a new one from Santa this year. (I'll post a thread about that later.) Well, nice to meet y'all and look forward to being a member here.
Old November 15, 2007, 10:21 AM   #1442
pcso112

Hello, just another gun nut checking in. I am a sheriff’s patrol deputy working in a very rural part of the northeast. I love shooting, reloading, hunting, fishing and all the other outdoor manly stuff country boys do. I have been having a look around the place and like what I see so far. I look forward to getting to know some of you.
Old November 15, 2007, 10:24 AM   #1443
DarryH

Helo, my first visit here......

I get around the forums, too many to list or recall them all.
A several airgun forums, AR15.com, Snipershide.com,
Several antique gun forums, several military gun forums, a few cowboy forums, and the list goes on!!!

I like ALL guns. I collect and shoot old and new airguns, old and new black powder guns, old and new sporting and hunting firearms, some older target guns, old and new cowboy guns, old and new military guns, and when I get the chance, I shoot full auto and supressed guns. I may have missed something, but you get the idea.
I like shotguns, rifles and carbines, and handguns.

I also aquire knives and swords on occasion.
I will pick up lots of odds and ends if they have something to do with guns, shooting, or fishing.

I hope to meet some new friends here. I am always glad to share info and
to learn somethong new.

Good Shootin!!
DarryH
Nebraska
Old November 16, 2007, 09:48 AM   #1444
crackhead

High I just got my first gun. Im into swords and knives too. I am also an avid zombie hunter.

My Savage 64:

My other stuff:

And check out my website:
www.freewebs.com/zombieslayer123
Old November 16, 2007, 11:54 AM   #1445
Joe-R

Checking in

Hello Folks,
My name is Joe-R right now I'm in the Valley of the sun AZ.
I have been into firearms arms knives and the outdoors all of my life.
I am not a hunter not because I think it's wrong because it's not for me.
Too damn early and cold for me.
I hope that I can add to the pool of knowledge here.
Joe-R
Old November 17, 2007, 06:58 AM   #1446
RocketFoot

New Guy

Hello all...I am new to THR, but not new to forums! I am an avid gun collector and a active member of the PAFOA. I just thought I'd stop in and say hello! I've been lurking for several months and I may want to jump in on some discussions. See ya around the forums!
Old November 17, 2007, 08:19 AM   #1447
Badge3483

Hello,

My name is Charlene and I am a retired Detroit Police Officer. I was among the first 75 females hired to patrol the streets of Detroit in 1975. Wanted to be a cop since I was five or six years old. I retired before I had 15 years on the force because at the time, cops had to live in the city of Detroit and it was just to crime ridden to raise my then, six year old daughter.
I am a Campus Safety Officer in a college in Detroit and I love it. We aren't allowed carry guns on our person while on duty. The campus is very safe and I work days, so that isn't a problem for me.

I am not a collector of guns and don't have a passion for guns. Just a passion for the 1st Ammendent. We must always have the right to have guns. We all know that when a government takes away our guns, only the criminals will have the guns. Guns, and seperation of church and state is what this country was founded on and we must keep it that way.

Among my jobs in the Detroit Police Department, patrol, narcotics, Mini Stations, were Crime Prevention in Sexual Assault, and Personal Safety for all while in the home, shopping, driving, etc. I am hoping to share some of my training when needed.

I tried to find the site of the brother who wanted to protect his college sister by giving her a gun but decided not to. I would agree with him NOT to give her a gun. I wouldn't wait around for the college to put in peep holes in the door. I would be at that college with my drill and peep hole and install it myself. What is the college going to do, charge him for making the students safer? Do it and don't waste the time waiting for approval. Usually I follow rules but not when it comes to safety, especially a young woman at college.

ALSO, for those of you that have young children, the kids know not to open a door, but why not install a peep hole at their height level? We did this for our daughter at our Detroit home. That way she could at least say, "Hey mom, it's Aunt Nancy!"

Approach the campus safety officers and ask if the college has any training they give the males and females on campus about sexual assault. I believe it is Michigan Central University that has a wonderful program they give to every freshman on what happens to anyone that commits a sexual offense of any kind. It would be worth checking it out.

Anyway, this is the kind of info I hope to provide.

I wrote a book about my experience as one of the 1st female officers on patrol in Detroit and other events that happened in my life. It is called Badge 3483, A True Story. Sub title: Some dreams really do come true, so do the nightmares.
The web site for the book is www.courvillepublishing.com

Charlene
Old November 17, 2007, 05:35 PM   #1448
Silverton

New member help wanted

Hello everyone,

I have found this forum to be very informative. I just inherited a S&W 38 special CTG. It is blued and has a 6" barrel. The handle is walnut. The serial number on the bottom of the handle is S 948309. This was my grandfathers gun and I have admired it since I was 9 years old and that was 38 years ago. I would never sell this gun so value is not important to me. I need help in trying to find out how old this gun is. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Old November 18, 2007, 09:21 AM   #1449
joeren22

Talking Hello THR members from upstate NY

Greetings All
I'm a longtime handgun shooter with CW licenses from NY, MA, ME, CT, FL, PA & NH. Favorite carry guns = Colt Defender 45ACP, H&K USPc .40S&W, Kahr P45. Looking forward to some great discussions on this forum.

Cheers
Joe
Old November 18, 2007, 04:44 PM   #1450
curmudgeon and anarchist

New From Connecticut

Howdy folks.