Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 62 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old December 12, 2007, 10:22 AM   #1526
elderboy02

Hi! I am from Cincinnati. I am also a member over at ARFCOM and GlockTalk. I look forward to interacting with you all.
Old December 12, 2007, 02:21 PM   #1527
Naja

Hello all, 29 year old displaced Texan living in Alabama. Came here to learn, decided to join in case I have useful input one of these days. I shoot for recreation mostly. Pistols and shotgun only until my first rifle purchase this week - a 1942 Mosin Nagant 91/30.

Look forward to speaking to you all.
Old December 12, 2007, 05:46 PM   #1528
14-1

Smile New member

Decided to quit lurking and join so I could at least ask a few questions. I live in the mountains of far southwest virginia and enjoy all guns. Due to a physical handicap affecting the use of my left arm I am especially fond of handguns. I also like shotguns especially the 20ga. I own several Colts, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Remington and Brownings. Looking forward to learning from some of you.

Bob
Old December 12, 2007, 05:53 PM   #1529
Nightwing

I totally missed this thread!!!!!
Anyways, Hi!
I'm a good guy, who loves his family, and believes in the constitution. That's about it

I have a week off, hence ALL THE POSTING. Don't expect me to be here so freaking much.... just had a week off and spending a lot of time getting my business accounting done and stuff like that, so I'm on the computer anyways just screwing around.

Good to meet you all. God Bless the USA. God bless the world.
--Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Law abiding gun owners are a constantly patrolling, morally inspired, community loving, crime hating, nation wide, neighborhood watch program.
Old December 12, 2007, 11:30 PM   #1530
Shaolin

New guy here from Utah. Waiting to get my CFP/CCW most likely this month. Been wanting to get a gun since the mid 80's or so. I figure now is the time, lol Also, most likely will take other advanced classes that are available.
Old December 13, 2007, 02:41 AM   #1531
Lord Jim

I'm a California exile just moving to North Texas and overwhelmed at the gun freedoms enjoyed by all of you living in the real world outside of La La Land. Sold my crappy little house and bought a ranch. I had a CCW in California, if you can believe that, and will do the same in Texas. Feels good to finally be free.

Capt. Rockwell Torrey (In Harm's Way)
Old December 13, 2007, 06:56 AM   #1532
dede la pole

Hello everyone

Hello everyone

A friend I was talking about your forum and I wanted to see for myself. Forgive me for the mistakes. I do not control your tongue. I use the translation tool GOOGLE

As want tradition, I present to you.

I live and I shot in Normandy. But the photographs are more meaningful, I let you watch

my rifle

Some videos

my

A friend with my MK23

Voila, you know the rest. Very soon in the forum

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old December 13, 2007, 07:33 AM   #1533
El Tejon

Location: Lafayette, Indiana-the Ned Flanders neighbor to Illinois
Bienvenue. Je suis heureux que vous soyez ici.
Old December 13, 2007, 07:43 AM   #1534
v35

Welcome!

Many of us do not control our tongues either...

Old December 13, 2007, 07:44 AM   #1535
Sgt.Dusk

Well those pics really speak for themselves.
Gotta love that rifle.
Old December 13, 2007, 07:48 AM   #1536
Working Man

Quote:
Many of us do not control our tongues either...
LOL..... that is very true. Remember that and you will have an enjoyable time here.

Looks like you shoot competitively.

Is that tactical a .40? Or is that a MK 23?

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.
-Italian Proverb
Old December 13, 2007, 07:50 AM   #1537
REPOMAN

Cool arsenal!!!!!!

What part of "Shall not be infringed" is so hard to understand?"
Old December 13, 2007, 08:42 AM   #1538
dede la pole

Hello

The rifle is a PGM commando 1 (made in france) http://www.pgmprecision.com/fr/ur_intervention.htm , the gun is the MK23 in 45 ACP Excellent pistol. I am also doing the IPSC.

A small photograph to Sgt.Dusk

And thank you for your welcome

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old December 13, 2007, 11:09 AM   #1539
Working Man

dede la pole, what is the meter distance you are shooting in that pic? /\/\/\

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.
-Italian Proverb

Last edited by Working Man; December 13, 2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old December 13, 2007, 02:14 PM   #1540
dede la pole

hello

Approximately 200m (218 yard), we do not see in the photo, I shoot on the ball trap bird on the side

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old December 13, 2007, 04:47 PM   #1541
PDPM

New Guy!

New to the site and a new enthusiast as well. Looking for information on the FN Hi Power 88. FYI: I am left handed and looking for input on the best all around CCW. First purchase was an AR15, and I was hooked. Any input will be appreciated. Regards, PDPM
Old December 13, 2007, 04:53 PM   #1542
Nagant

Another new guy

Hey, I'm one of the FNGs. And yes, I get "nagant" from the mosin nagant... one of my favorite rifles. I love thehighroad.org forum. It's good to see people talking about the important issues, instead of arguing about their favorite sports teams or tv "reality" shows....

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
--George Orwell
Old December 13, 2007, 05:34 PM   #1543
RLBH

Another newbie here...

I'm 19 years old, and an undergraduate student on a Masters program in Naval Architecture. I've never fired a gun in my life, and only handled one once, although I did have a fun afternoon with an air rifle once.

There again, I've lived in Britain for all of it. I come from an HM Forces family, and have the fortune to at least live in a part of our little island where there are relatively few people, and they mostly have their heads screwed on right.

I've been lurking here for about six months, having heard a BBC Radio 4 programme about the Virginia Tech shootings and how some crazy Americans thought that more guns were the answer to it, and wanting to find out more about that idea, odd as it seemed. By the wonders of Google-fu, I found this place, and understood.
Old December 13, 2007, 10:04 PM   #1544
adrumm

Hey Everyone

Hello all. My name is Adam, I live in Southern Ca. I am a veteran, US Army 5 years as a scout. Learned alot about weapons during my time in, and carried oon the passion in civilian life. I am 33 and a manager at a construction firm.

I really enjoy blackpowder shooting, rifles and handguns. I plan on hunting next year with my inline 50 cal rifle. I want to get involved with either CAS shooting, or some type of regular event to keep me interested in shooting.

I came across this sight while researching black powder stuff, and really liked the forums and the conversation. It seems like everyone is willing to help and guide those with questions. That means alot.

Well, I look forward to chatting with you all, and hopefully getting together in person with a few for some shooting.
Old December 13, 2007, 11:42 PM   #1545
Scratchy

Hi my name is Josh and I live in Denver Colorado I love talking about firearms of all types I would like some feedback on what to buy next. I now proudly own a Norinco AK, old Charter Arms Undercover .38 spl,Taurus 1911 .45, and an Ithaca model 37 featherlight 20 ga.
Old December 14, 2007, 02:02 AM   #1546
dcal

Well, after saying to myself,
a) "I'll just do a search and get the info I need."
b) "I'll just register, ask a few questions, and be done with it."

After 15 posts, for better or for worse, it appears I'm here to stay.

I'm new to gun ownership, but not guns. I've enjoyed skeet, trap, a couple hunts, rifle target practice, and a couple trips to the indoor range to plink away with some HGs, it's time to stop borrowing/renting and time to start buying. I'm currently waiting on my paperwork, and I'll be back with plenty more questions.

I'm a software engineer from northern NJ (watch it I like it here ), and just swinging by to say hi.

Xbox live gamertag:
dcal 360
COD4 anyone?
Old December 14, 2007, 03:37 AM   #1547
.40man

Hi my name is Ryan. I live in Ft. Worth TX I am trying to get into the local police academy. I am a lover of all firearms, especially Glock and I like the Rock Island Armory 1911. Look forward to contributing to the forum
Old December 14, 2007, 08:59 PM   #1548
Greg.B

My name is Greg, and I live in Southern Indiana. I'm an avid hunter, and love firearms. I just recently purchased my first handgun (Glock 17) and am waiting on my LTCH to come in the mail!

I've also recently begun shooting some trap/skeet, and look forward to doing that more in the future.

Thanks for a great community, and I look forward to becoming a part of it!
Old December 16, 2007, 01:32 AM   #1549
JediWebDude

Howdy. I'm mainly into home and personal protection. Have a Sp Armory XD-9 and a S&W .357. Am planning to get a small .380 for carrying.
Old December 16, 2007, 01:38 AM   #1550
ArfinGreebly

Welcome, Guys

I'm Garry, one of your several moderators.

You'll find the great majority of people here are good folks, always willing to answer questions and provide guidance.

You'll also find that these helpful people are also human, so bring a little salt to the party, you'll need a grain of it here and there.

If you see something you believe isn't right, please feel free to alert one of us. We're not hard to find.

Popcorn and soft drinks are in the lobby.

Please have a seat and enjoy become the show.

Daughter: "Dad, how do I know who's a real friend?"
Me: "A friend is someone who cares how your life turns out."

"Truth is a dangerous thing: once found, you must never turn your back on it." -- gh@c2

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2