Quantcast
Just got an email from CTD and they have Tula 7.62x39 for $.215 per round. - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Rifle Country

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Closed Thread

Old October 21, 2014, 09:11 AM   #1
jrdolall
Contributing Member

Just got an email from CTD and they have Tula 7.62x39 for $.215 per round.

I didn't check shipping as I don't need any but it is $215 per thousand. That is the best price I have seen in a while.
I haven't used CTD in a couple of years and I know their shipping can be "quirky". Lots of people were mad at them because of their prices during the ammo scarcity but I found them to be no more unreasonable than the other major online retailers.
Old October 21, 2014, 09:22 AM   #2
Wishoot

Nope.

They're still dead to me. I'd pay a few dollars more to buy from a company that really shined during the ammo scare.
Old October 21, 2014, 09:44 AM   #3
akv3g4n

$199 for a thousand rounds of 7.62x39 at Centerfire Systems. As a bonus you don't have to support Cheaper Than Dirt...

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/AM762100AB.aspx
Old October 21, 2014, 10:29 AM   #4
DeepSouth

I just wonder how low it's gonna go, 200$ a thousand is almost 10 years ago prices. BUT if Russia keeps acting stupid Obumer may put another import ban in place then it'll be 1$ a shot again, maybe permently.
Proverbs 19:11...Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns, is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids...
Old October 21, 2014, 10:38 AM   #5
wally

Most of this current "Russian" 7.62x39 is actually coming from the Ukraine, so Obama can't really do anything about it without hurting an "ally".
Old October 21, 2014, 10:44 AM   #6
moxie

Not even if they were free, from them.

U.S. Air Force Munitions, 1969-1992
Vietnam, 1972-1973
Old October 21, 2014, 11:34 AM   #7
wojownik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouth View Post
I just wonder how low it's gonna go, 200$ a thousand is almost 10 years ago prices. BUT if Russia keeps acting stupid Obumer may put another import ban in place then it'll be 1$ a shot again, maybe permently.
Offhand, 7.62x39 is imported from Ukraine, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Hungary, in addition to Russia.... plus there are a number of countries that manufacture 7.62x39 that are not currently major import sources.

But, more to the topic, CTD burned me long before the "ammo scare". There were dead to me then, twice as dead now.
Old October 21, 2014, 01:30 PM   #8
1KPerDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie View Post
Not even if they were free, from them.
Same here... done with those yahoos.
Old October 21, 2014, 03:54 PM   #9
NOMI WASP

CTD is a no go FOREVER!. This tread will be shut down soon because we are not allowed to bash them. One thing also with CTD,you better watch their shipping because they can hit you with 2 rates from 2 warehouses. Stick with SG ammo and you can't go wrong. Heck, I'd rather pay $6 a box from Walmart.
Old October 21, 2014, 04:23 PM   #10
Mosin Bubba

My local Walmart has them for $5.60 a box. Now I am no fan of Walmart, but as soon as I get some cash, I am going to buy as many boxes of Tula Ammo as my shopping cart can fit.

With shipping, CTD's deal should come out to about the same price. Looks like it's time to stock up
Old October 21, 2014, 04:28 PM   #11
HRnightmare

Quote:
Nope.

They're still dead to me.
Glad I am still amongst others of the smae opinion. I was annoyed at their tacts BUT they were the only one who had the 9mm uzi mags that fit my CMMG 9mm dedicated lower for $55 each. I ordered 4 and got 1. They denied any responsibility for shipping too little and I fought and won a dispute on my credit card. Jokes on them...by the time the dispute ended the Sandy Hook AWB ban scare was pretty much gone and I got them for $20 each somewhere else.
Old October 21, 2014, 04:39 PM   #12
Onward Allusion

There have been a number of good deals from CTD that I had run across recently. Believe me, I was tempted to buy - - - BUT then I remembered what they did to me and a bunch of other customers.

For me, they canceled an already placed and paid for order only to sell the goods for 3 to 4 times the price. For others, they just took advantage of the panic and charged something like $60 for a box of 50 9mm FMJ rounds.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Old October 21, 2014, 05:00 PM   #13
HOOfan_1

Didn't they also pull all the modern sporting rifles off of their website right after the Sandy Hook shooting?

I thought Tula was far inferior to Wolf anyway.
Old October 21, 2014, 05:23 PM   #14
thewillweeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOfan_1 View Post
Didn't they also pull all the modern sporting rifles off of their website right after the Sandy Hook shooting?

I thought Tula was far inferior to Wolf anyway.
Tula has been as consistent or more consistent than my SKS and me can be.
Old October 21, 2014, 05:42 PM   #15
Jackal

Tula is a slight step down from Wolf, but its like comparing a blunt rock to a slightly less blunt rock. They both hit with the same force. I'm also a no go on CTD, after what they pulled. They havnt actually had a lower price on virtually anything than any of the other retailers, especially after factoring in shipping charges with their goofy warehouse system.
Old October 21, 2014, 07:14 PM   #16
Art Eatman
Administrator

"This tread (sic) will be shut down soon because we are not allowed to bash them."

Trying for a new record in "silly"?

Trouble is, all this bashing has nothing to do with the OP's discovery of what to him is a good deal, pricewise.

An alert to CTD's rather expensive shipping and handling is apropos, of course.

But it's all the OT venting that gets this thread shut down. Y'all oughta know better. After all, we have a specific forum for commentary about marketing practices.