Quantcast
Appraisals Online - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Firearms Research

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old February 26, 2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Dr.Rob

Appraisals Online

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/publi...SA&Screen=arms

Quote:
If you have items of arms, armor, sporting guns or militaria you would be interested in offering at auction, or if you just want to get an idea of the value of your items, we are happy to render free appraisals from photographs, or in person. Please contact at us at the phone numbers or e-mail addresses shown to the right.
Bonham's & Butterfield are the guys that do Antiqes Road Show.
Old May 8, 2007, 02:46 PM   #2
smithbm

I just had them appraise one of my WWII era handguns. I had a very thorough response within a couple of hours. This is a very good resource. Thanks for the link.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses... Hit it.
Old August 19, 2007, 06:37 AM   #3
12_Gauge_Bryan

I have a Mass Arms 12 Gauge that I am trying to find the value of. It is at least 150 years old. The only numbers on the gun are 622 and in another place it has 01 the barrel is 29.5 inches with a bored chock.

Any Idea the value or any idea where I can go to get the value?

Bryan
Old August 20, 2007, 09:07 AM   #4
smithbm

Read the first post. Send them some decent pictures and they'll get back to you very quickly with a value and brief history of the gun.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses... Hit it.
Old August 20, 2007, 01:31 PM   #5
Ron James

12 gauge, You should have started a new thread but what ever. You have fallen into the old trap of " if it's old , it must be gold". Unfortunately that's not really true 99and 9/10's of the time. There was no Massachusetts Arms Co., that's just a trade names used by Stevens and H D Folsom on firearms made for a Kansas hardware chain. You gave no information on your shotgun at all, single barrel? double barrel? outside hammers? condition?, thus value is evasive. A trade name double barrel shotgun in excellent condition, maybe 200 to 250. a single barrel in excellent condition maybe 80 to 100. 150 years old? don't think so, 70 to 80 years is more realistic. I just reread you post and it seems you have a single barrel shotgun. Value is as posted above, there are very little collectors interest in these old single barrels, there only value is as a "shooting gun". You can buy a new single barrel at WalMart for 100 dollars.
Old October 26, 2007, 07:41 AM   #6
stownsend

This link does not work anymore...needs to be updated.
Old October 29, 2007, 12:27 PM   #7
smithbm

Try this:

Send an e-mail with photos to one of the contacts on the right side of the page.

Old August 21, 2008, 10:20 AM   #8
REAPER_87

I dont have any pics but does anyone happen to know the approx. value of the mossberg model 45ac
.22lr that fires 22 long,short,and lr
Old September 1, 2008, 05:34 PM   #9
mcpd

38 special S&W

smith wesson 38 special serial numbers 594xxx looking for information on item?
Year? Value? New to sight.
Old September 1, 2008, 06:32 PM   #10
elrod

You guys will get quicker responses if you open a new thread with your questions down below this sticky.
Old September 10, 2008, 11:36 AM   #11
MukilteoMike

Ruger 22LR Pistol Help

Before requesting an appraisal, I thought I'd ask the group if it was worth the effort. I have an old Ruger 22 LR pistol that was my fathers. It's at least 50 years old and hasn't been fired since the late 60's. It's in pretty good shape - pics attached. I assume it is a Mark-I? Thanks, --Mike

Old December 3, 2008, 10:55 PM   #12
JMantoani

Double barrel rifle

Hi,
I'm just trying to find my way around here & any help would be appreciated. My father gave me a hunting rifle when I was young. I never used it and it's been stored in my basement for years. I would like to try and identify it if possible. The butt of the rifle has a rubber case with the label JC Higgens. However, the gun itseldf has the inscribed words on the barrel: "Otto Lang "and on the other side "Schweinfurt". No other info is eveident. It is ornately carved with hunting scenes along the underbelly, etc. Can anyone help me IDing this gun? Thanks! Jessica
JMantoani@aol.com
Old December 8, 2008, 09:12 AM   #13
macktheknife

I have a voere 2165. I inhereted this gun, Can anyone tell me the value of this gun. thank you. Mac.
Old December 8, 2008, 12:31 PM   #14
rcmodel
Contributing Member

A lot depends on condition.

Here is one:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/976862140...trian_rifl.htm

rcmodel
Old December 10, 2008, 05:09 PM   #15
gvnwst

Hey, i can't access the top link. Any help?
Old March 1, 2009, 03:31 PM   #16
Buildit

Found in post #10
Old April 9, 2009, 04:05 PM   #17
Dr.Rob

Antique Arms, Armor and Sporting Guns appraisals for auction
To arrange a free and confidential auction appraisal with a view to selling, contact:

Paul Carella
arms.us@bonhams.com
+1 (415) 861-7500 Ext. 3360
Old April 28, 2010, 11:58 AM   #18
rustysragsinc

Great Source. I have had several guns appraised by them!