Quantcast
easy to read gun laws - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 25, 2015, 08:16 AM   #1
grogetr

easy to read gun laws

Is there anywhere to find easy to understand gun laws for each state. I just got my non resident Florida ccl and am waiting for my Illinois ccl to show up. I have an app on my phone that shows the laws but are in legal talk that I think you need a law degree to understand. Is there anywhere that puts it in plain english.

The main thing I'm looking for are transportation laws where your ccl is not honored. I'm going on a trip and going to be in Pa. and Md. and not sure you can even have a gun in a case in the car. I think I'll just leave it home on this one, don't want to end up in jail. Thanks

Last edited by grogetr; June 25, 2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old June 25, 2015, 08:58 AM   #2
akv3g4n

The NRA has a pretty good breakdown by state. https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/
Old June 25, 2015, 09:17 AM   #3
wtr100

Fair warning - when you get an easy guide you're going of someone reading of the law -

Barickman's is pretty good for IL

http://www.senatorbarickman.com/Port...ry%20Guide.pdf

Handgunlaw.us is about as good as it gets
Old June 25, 2015, 09:42 AM   #4
herkyguy

I trust the NRA, but still get a bit uneasy when I'm reading an interpretation of state law off of any website other than the primary source.
Old June 25, 2015, 09:43 AM   #5
Garrobo

There are between

20,000 and 30,000 gun laws in the USA. I doubt seriously if you want to read all this malarky.
Old June 25, 2015, 11:14 AM   #6
RustyShackelford

Gunlawguide.com legal heat ....

For a basic simple explanation of US gun & firearm carry laws in all 50 states, I'd suggest the 2015 www.gunlawguide.com .
Some CCW holders or gunners may like the Legal Heat smart phone apps too. They list the gun laws by location.

As listed, NRA-ILA is useful.

If you travel often and want extra legal defense help or don't have a lawyer available, I would check into www.ccwsafe.com or maybe the NRA's Second Call program. They can assist you if you have a use of force incident or need a atty while you are on the road, .
I like the CCWsafe.com plan myself & will get it as soon as the $$$ is available.

Sun Tzu
Old June 25, 2015, 11:22 AM   #7
aarondhgraham

Here's another website for your perusal.

handgunlaw.us

The owners do try to keep it current.

Aarond

Old June 25, 2015, 12:04 PM   #8
JSH1

The NRA site and Handgunlaw site are good summaries. For transportation it is hard to go wrong with the following:
  • Gun unloaded, cased, and locked
  • Ammo locked in a separate case.
If you are allowed to possess the weapon in the state, the above method will cover transport through the state.
Old June 25, 2015, 03:48 PM   #9
plumbob1911

handgunlaw.us is great and easy to