Quantcast
Smith & Wesson Financial Report - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 3, 2015, 06:44 PM   #1
Old Fuff

Smith & Wesson Financial Report

Oh Dear...

I must, with great sadness, post this report. I am sure that in Washington D.C. certain circles are going to cry themselves to sleep.

Wall Street talking heads that predicted doom & gloom, while grinning at the thought that the great Obama Sale had run its course will likely be turning to strong drink and controlled substances.

Former NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg will wonder why all the money he spent didn't seem to make a difference.

I hope the rest of you can hold up....

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) — Shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Co. rallied in the extended session Tuesday after the gun maker’s quarterly earnings and outlook topped Wall Street estimates.

Smith & Wesson SWHC, +9.12% jumped 7.9% to $14.08 on moderate volume after the company posted adjusted fiscal third-quarter earnings of 20 cents a share, while analysts surveyed by FactSet were looking for 12 cents a share.
Old March 4, 2015, 02:39 AM   #2
Guy B. Meredith

That'll keep SOMEONE awake...

PC = Groupthink filter on reality.

Apostrophes denote ownership or missing letters NOT plurals!

San Francisco who??
Old March 4, 2015, 03:04 AM   #3
Redcoat3340

Think I'll have another glass of single malt to celebrate, now that I can afford it. I have one brokerage account where I buy stock in companies I like doing business with. Bought Green Mountain Coffee before it took off; Costco made me money; Boeing, now that I live in Seattle has done well for me; and a few others.

I got hooked on S&W's....and bought some of their stock along with a whole bunch of their guns (and even a S&W pocket knife and cap) when it was just under $10.

Now if they can wend their way through the Pentagon procurement process and get the contact for the new pistol for the Army.....I'll be kicking myself I didn't buy more.
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. Where a man can go, he can drag a cannon." Major-General William Phillips, Royal Artillery, after capturing Fort Ticonderoga by mounting a battery atop Mount Defiance and forcing the Rebels to flee.
Old March 4, 2015, 10:54 AM   #4
Hondo 60
Contributing Member

Quote:
Now if they can wend their way through the Pentagon procurement process and get the contact for the new pistol for the Army....
Don't hold your breath!
I'm convinced that the reason Beretta got the last contract was to facilitate more US military presence in Italy.

If I'm correct, any US parental firearm company doesn't stand a chance.
(although S&W is not owned by Smith or Wesson anymore)

If you enjoy THR, why not contribute?
http://www.thehighroad.org/payments.php
Old March 4, 2015, 01:08 PM   #5
Old Fuff

Quote:
although S&W is not owned by Smith or Wesson anymore
Say again?

Smith & Wesson today is American owned and operated.
Old March 4, 2015, 01:39 PM   #6
joem1945

Well I wish S&W would ramp up production and make my engraved mod 29. Been on order since last year.
Old March 4, 2015, 02:29 PM   #7
Old Fuff

Quote:
Well I wish S&W would ramp up production and make my engraved mod 29. Been on order since last year.
Maybe the problem is that the engraver is backlogged. They're relatively few good ones, and they aren't suffering for lack of work.
Old March 4, 2015, 02:54 PM   #8
Officers'Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fuff View Post
Say again?

Smith & Wesson today is American owned and operated.
Actually up until 2001 S&W was owned by Tomkins PLC out of the UK. It's now owned by Saf-t-Hammer corp which I believe is based in Arizona. Just to be accurate there is no "Smith and Wesson" company now. It's title is Smith and Wesson Holding Corporation.
Old Yesterday, 12:30 AM   #9
RustyShackelford

New article....

A new(early 03/2015) media article(defense/firearms industry) says the DoD/DA told Beretta USA; thanks but no thanks . The writer also claims SIG Sauer has the inside track with the new MHS(XM9) trials with the polymer frame P320 pistol, .
He wrote because SIG has strong ties with the MK25 & M11 9mmNATO the military will fall all over themselves going after SIG, .

I say: there's a right way, a wrong way & the Army way .
This MHS system will go 8-16mo over and cost 3 times the budgeted cost.

Rusty S

General George A Patton
Old Yesterday, 12:54 AM   #10
Water-Man

Swhc $14.34.
Old Yesterday, 04:54 AM   #11
B!ngoFuelUSN

Well I'm doing my part. Though I sold my only M&P (C.O.R.E.) I really do like their revolvers and have recently helped to blip their quarterly performance.
B
Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM   #12
Garrobo

Obammy and other Demos

are two of the greatest thing that could ever happen to firearms and ammo manufacturers in the history of the world, second only to the WWII.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #13
Arizona_Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officers'Wife View Post
Actually up until 2001 S&W was owned by Tomkins PLC out of the UK. It's now owned by Saf-t-Hammer corp which I believe is based in Arizona. Just to be accurate there is no "Smith and Wesson" company now. It's title is Smith and Wesson Holding Corporation.
Horace Smith died in 1893 and Dan. B. Wesson died in 1906. The sun still rises and sets. Birds still sing.

Mike

PS. It looks like Saf-t-Hammer will be consolidating S&W and Thompson Contender into one division in the near future.
If it involves guns or paracord it does not count as macramé.
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #14
RustyShackelford

M&p core....

I am thinking of buying a new S&W CORE L-Pro .40S&W this year. I will add a 9x19mm to it then use it on armed security posts and some vehicle defense.
I plan to add a Trijicon RMR too to help my tired, middle aged eyes.

Rusty

General George A Patton
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #15
Guy B. Meredith

I have a long standing desire for a 9 mm and a .22 long rifle revolver. Also long standing lack of money for such luxuries.

PC = Groupthink filter on reality.

Apostrophes denote ownership or missing letters NOT plurals!

San Francisco who??