Quantcast
SIG 115 GR JHP Load - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 17, 2015, 07:50 PM   #1
J.E. Walker

SIG 115 GR JHP Load

SIG has proprietary ammunition now. I have a 115 grain ball load and this 124 JHP. I tossed off this group while working with a different 9mm. It is from a plastic pistol rest. Seems promising and is no doubt more accurate than my single group demonstrates
SIG Sauer 124 JHP 1149 fps 362 ft lbs 2.4inches
The Cases are head stamped SIG and no clue as to actual origin. If anybody REALLY KNOWS who is making this ammo, please chime in. (otherwise...not so much)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sig Sauer jhp.jpg (54.2 KB, 112 views)
Old April 17, 2015, 09:51 PM   #2
Plastikosmd

Not sure,

What surprised me the most about my 210, it isn't picky

This is five shots, 25 yards, 2 hand grip and cheap blazer ammo my first 5 shots with this stuff

Thx for post, will have to get a box
Old April 18, 2015, 06:09 AM   #3
J.E. Walker

This is the factory target at 25 meters. My 25 yard groups are frequently just a little smaller because, I guess, the shorter distance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sig25m.jpg (56.6 KB, 87 views)
Old April 18, 2015, 11:24 AM   #4
BSA1

Location: West of the Big Muddy, East of the Rockies and North of the Red River
Your SIG has the reputation of being one of the best 9mm target pistols made. It looks like your targets prove it.

As for SIG ammunition. Youtube videos have convinced me not to use it in my carry P239. it just doesn't expand reliability in short barrels.
Old April 18, 2015, 05:45 PM   #5
Fremmer

Man that's a nice pistol.

I saw Sig 115 grn fmj ammo on sale at Cabelas last week, but I bought less expensive Federal ammo that was on sale. the sig ammo looked ok but I have no idea who makes it (and presumably holds a license to use the name).
Old April 18, 2015, 07:05 PM   #6
J.E. Walker

this is what i got with that ball load in a 4.7 inch Beretta barrel:
Sig Sauer 115 Ball 1251fps (25fps spread 5rounds) 400 ft lbs
Old April 18, 2015, 08:44 PM   #7
suncoastarmory

I dont know who makes it for them. But their 10mm loads have been getting some attention. Nice 210 shooting!
Old April 19, 2015, 03:24 PM   #8
zeke4351

I have read that Sig makes their ammo at their own plant they opened in Eubank, Ky. Saw this in one of the gun magazines.
Old April 19, 2015, 04:21 PM   #9
J.E. Walker

That has the ring of accuracy about it.
Thanks!
Old April 19, 2015, 11:47 PM   #10
J.E. Walker

found this from SIG:

"Elite Performance Ammunition is being manufactured in the United States by SIG SAUER to the same exacting standards as the company’s premium pistols and rifles. The SIG SAUER custom designed loading equipment coupled with a proprietary loading process, and a complete hand and visual inspection of every round, "
Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM   #11
ku4hx

It may be assembled in KY, but I'd bet money Sig contracts out components. Case makers can vary head stamps; I still have a few from the early '90s that have my initials on them, I have some with Midway head stamps and some other "odd" stampings. Getting Sig on the case is just a contract job.

Bullets can be made to certain specs, but pretty much at pistol velocities all bases have been covered. More than likely Sig buys bullets on another contract basis too. And to keep their costs low, they like other businesses go with a low bidder if not the lowest bidder.

When I see a plethora of all sorts of tests proving Sig ammunition to be significantly better than others, I might change at my next SD ammunition swap-out. Until then, I'll just keep on with Federal, Winchester, Remington and Speer in my favorite flavors.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM   #12
J.E. Walker

It seems fairly equivalent to the general run of 124 grain stuff-based on first impression. The above blurb talks about SIG -designed loading equipment and methodology.
This could mean anything.