Quantcast
The CZ Club - Page 13 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old January 24, 2008, 06:17 PM   #301
vikz

here is my cz40B and cz 75B

Old January 24, 2008, 10:17 PM   #302
vzenmn

For those who want a threaded barreled Kadet Kit and can afford it.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/cz-m-39.h...fff52ea3044cfe

You guys will save one for me right?

Right?
Old January 29, 2008, 07:11 PM   #303
bikerdoc

i am in with cz 75 compact - great gun
Old January 30, 2008, 01:30 PM   #304
glassman

minor upgrade to my compact

I love my compact but the plastic guide rod has always bugged me. I ordered one in steel from cz and while I was at it, ordered a 15 pound mainspring. They came in the mail this morning.
The guide rod fit into the recoil spring real tight and you could hear it scraping when the slide was racked. I took it apart and put some 100 grit sandpaper to the rod, taking only enough finish away to allow a smooth travel.
The main spring was pretty simple to change out and I toyed with the idea of leaving the mag break off but in the end, reinstalled it. The difference in the trigger pull isn't hugh but is definately noticable.
Next on the list is thin, half checkered cocobolo grips.
Old January 30, 2008, 03:49 PM   #305
CZF

Nice upgrade!
http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/
Old January 30, 2008, 04:00 PM   #306
usp9

Well, I joined the club, again, on Monday when I found a nice looking CZ82 in a local shop. It was better looking than any of the 82s I'd ever come across. The finish was in very good shape. The only cosmetic flaw were the "not quite white" sights. It came in one of those $7 plastic pistol boxes, complete with two mags, lanyard, dorky holster, cleaning rod and usual lock. It even had the thick military mag base plates that I prefer. They were asking $225, a fair price considering all.
"Go Hokies"
Old January 30, 2008, 04:09 PM   #307
ZeSpectre

Looks nice! I have a CZ-82 in good shape too though somebody somewhere along the line tried to cover holster wear at the tip with some sort of brushed on paint. I don't especially care for the brush strokes and have tried to remove it but whatever paint they used is TOUGH!

BTW, I've been trying to find 2-4 more mags and everyone is out. Anybody got leads on 9mm mak magazines?
Old January 30, 2008, 04:22 PM   #308
usp9

Quote:
BTW, I've been trying to find 2-4 more mags and everyone is out. Anybody got leads on 9mm mak magazines?
CDNN has them.
http://cdnnsports.com/
"Go Hokies"
Old January 30, 2008, 04:25 PM   #309
buy guns

Can anyone comment on the 75b vs the Beretta 92fs? I've been wanting to get a 92fs for awhile because it fits me perfectly but after looking through this thread I'm starting to lean towards a CZ instead. I am tight on money so the price for them sure seems right but I have yet to hold one.
Old January 30, 2008, 08:12 PM   #310
FourTeeFive

Quote:
Can anyone comment on the 75b vs the Beretta 92fs?
I have a Beretta 92FS (Italian-made) and a couple of CZ's. The CZ's fit my hand well like the Beretta. I don't have huge hands and don't like the grip on many double-stack guns such as Glocks.

The full-size CZ's have steel frames as compared to the alloy-frame Beretta. Plus the Beretta has the cutaway slide so they're quite light for their size. Shop around for CZ's; I've seen VERY good prices on them at Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's, among others. They seem to get special buys on certain models.

One thing to note is the new Beretta's have plastic triggers (not my favorite). Steel guide rods are available for both the CZ and Beretta.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson
Old February 15, 2008, 02:34 PM   #311
TMann

I've been a CZ owner for about a week now, having purchased a used 75bd from a local gun shop. Initially, I wasn't too sure about this gun. The DA trigger was heavier than I was used to, the grip was somewhat thick for my hands, and the weighty "feel" of the gun was much different than the light nimbleness of my Glocks and Kahrs.

However, after some range time and a new set of wood grips, I'm really starting to like this gun. The grips are a lot thinner, and also improve the gun's appearance. I'll probably play around with the tension on the mainspring; hopefully, I'll be able to lighten the DA trigger pull without affecting reliability.

TMann

Old February 15, 2008, 06:38 PM   #312
glassman

finally found a holster

I've been looking for a holster for my compact for a while now and finally found one by accident. I went to the range to test fire my 'new to me' cx storm and also took the compact with me. After my range time, I passed the counter at the shop and saw a bianchi model 19L holster in a 'used gear' box. Even though it is made for the 9mm S&W, it fit the compact like hand in glove. It rides high enough to be concealed by a sweater and cants forward for an easier draw from the 4 o'clock position. I'm real happy with it and the $5 price tag makes it all the better.
Old February 15, 2008, 07:44 PM   #313
bikerdoc

jpb model 217 will also fit the compact
Old February 16, 2008, 04:49 PM   #314
BlindJustice

Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring - I have been looking around
for a 9MM for range duty because of hte rising cost of ammo. The CZ
75B & Variants offer a lot of features & bang for the buck. I'm doing my
homework about the CZ design and mods, magazines, etc.

and they are handsome firearms as well.
Old February 16, 2008, 05:18 PM   #315
congo7

Cz P-01

I've been shooting the heck out of my CZ and love it! Accurate, concealable, fun, and sexy.
Old February 16, 2008, 07:44 PM   #316
DMK

Quote:
Can anyone comment on the 75b vs the Beretta 92fs? I've been wanting to get a 92fs for awhile because it fits me perfectly but after looking through this thread I'm starting to lean towards a CZ instead.
CZ 75 v Beretta 92: Best of Competing Ideologies

IMO, I like the CZ75 better (surprise huh?). I've had mine for years, but have a friend with a nice Beretta 92FS which he loves. I've shot the Beretta a bit and always thought "eh, I don't see what the big deal is." It doesn't do anything better than my CZ75 does for $200 less. The Beretta also doesn't have an ultra cool & fun Kadet kit.

While we're at it, here's another good read:

Durable All-Steel CZ-75B: One Man’s Favorite Pistol

- Homeland Security begins at home: Support your Second Amendment. -

Remember to support friends who support us:
http://www.gunowners.org/ - http://www.nra.org/
http://www.jpfo.org/ - http://www.2asisters.org/
http://www.grnc.org/ - http://www.ncrpa.org/
Old February 16, 2008, 07:58 PM   #317
schmeky

TMann,

Install a 15# Wolf mainspring. This will lighten the DA CONSIDERABLY and also lighten the SA as well. Unless you relaod and use CCI primers (harder than other brands of primers), you should have no problems with the 15#'er.

The only other drawback is if you use a Kadet .22 kit (highly recommended). You will have to install a lighter firing pin spring for reliable ignition when using the 15# mainspring.
Old February 16, 2008, 08:26 PM   #318
TMann

Schmeky: Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

TMann
Old February 16, 2008, 08:46 PM   #319
Deer Hunter

How accurate are the Kadet slides?

I'm thinking of buying one of them for range use.
Old February 16, 2008, 09:25 PM   #320
KONY

TMann,

Nice pistol! Who made the grips? Just sold off the ones I had on my 75BD and want to know where to go in case I want new ones.
Old February 16, 2008, 09:50 PM   #321
Calhoun

Quote:
How accurate are the Kadet slides?
The Kadet Kits are very accurate. They also come with adjustable target sights so you can dial them in tight. Great investment that let's you get a ton of trigger time for very little $$$.
Old February 16, 2008, 10:33 PM   #322
ZeSpectre

RED ALERT on magazines

Hey folks, if any of you have CZ-75b in .40 S&W and you want the factory (Mec Gar) 12rd mags I'll tell you this, If you can actually find them and you find good prices you should buy them NOW!

I bought one from a local shop just a little while back (about a month ago)... $27.50

A couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted more and ordered two more through the same local shop, didn't think to ask price (I didn't think it would change much). It was on backorder for almost two weeks and when they came in... $42.60 EACH!

Geeez! I damn near had a heart attack.

Looked around, including a lot of internet sites and ALL were "backordered". One guy told me he'd buy the ones I had if I wanted to sell.
Old February 17, 2008, 12:34 AM   #323
TMann

Kony,

The grips are the rosewood grips made by Hogue. They're nice and thin, which is nice for us small-handed folks.

TMann
Old February 17, 2008, 01:16 AM   #324
zinj

I'm curious, is there a way to retrofit an ambi-safety on a CZ-75 that was not originally configured with one, or is it beyond the capabilities of the average user?

"Hedonism is the illusion of freedom."
Old February 17, 2008, 02:21 AM   #325
rangerruck

I like having the clones for some reason. I've got a TZ, an Arcus, and am thinking of the armalite, and the s&w mp pistol... Oh yeah, plus my od green cz full size, that came with a Ken Onion folder.