Quantcast
The CZ Club - Page 16 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 25, 2008, 10:28 PM   #376
NG VI

I'm in!

CZ-97B, Polycoat, no forward serrations, pictures to come.

CZ-452-2ke I have no idea if it's the Lux or American or what, it has iron sights though and is awesome. I got it in trade for canceling a $50 debt. Who do you think got the deal there?

I saw the post on p. 15, it's definitely a Lux
...you may want to re-word that.
Old March 26, 2008, 12:27 AM   #377
carguy

I guess I'm in...

I love my CZ-82...probably the most accurate pistol I own and the best value out there!

Next a CZ-RAMI in 9mm...more research to do but I love the style of it.
Old March 26, 2008, 09:24 PM   #378
1SOW

Just Some Info from Wolff Springs

I replaced my 75B recoil, trigger and ejector springs. It has worked perfectly for over 2K rounds since installed.
As many already know, the Wolff recoil spring is not a "flat" spring, it's longer than the stock spring and (what bothered me) it won't lay flat/straight when installed. It is arched due to the bigger diameter and longer length.

I sent Wolff an email with questions about their replacement recoil springs.
They asked me to call 'Dave' at Technical Support, so I did.

Paraphrasing what Dave had to say:
1. Wolff springs are measued for strength by sliding them over a vertical rod and measuring the force required to compress them.
They must be +/- 4 ozs from rating.

2. Wolff believes round steel wire is better than flat steel for these springs, and their 75B recoil spring is the best diameter and length for the gun.

3. They are well aware of the "arch" when their springs are installed. They have found no evidence that it contacts/rubs the slide or spring tube when used. He went on to site Angus Hobdell and others who are successfully using their springs.

4.He also commented on coordination problems between CZ USA vs Europe and how these guns come "undersprung" from Europe. He went on to talk about the MANY spring problems that have come up with newer CZs. (E.G. ejector springs) He said all CZ-USA repairs are now using Wollf springs for replacements.

5. He said that he has answered this question so often he has a spiel all ready for it. He also said if it works don't try to fix it. The aftermarket stainless guide rods ( some longer and requiring drilling of the slide spring tube) are simply another way to exploit the fact that shooters have "deep pockets" where their guns are concerned.

When another guy at the range says, "Heh, look what I've done to my gun to make it better!" It's hard for some of us to not run out and try to keep up with "Wild Bill".

Because this issue was bothering me, I just thought I'd pass on what Wolff had to say.
Old March 28, 2008, 06:18 PM   #379
mavracer

CZ85 gets sweeter

Just got this 85 combat from my brother and was lookin for stuff for it and found these hogues at midway and it was last day of their sale
Old March 28, 2008, 07:10 PM   #380
SevenŠ

I'm in. Ran across a new 75 Compact in the gun store yesterday with the hi-gloss blue finish. I couldn't pass it up.

Old March 28, 2008, 08:23 PM   #381
sloo50

Dan Wesson Valor

Old March 28, 2008, 10:46 PM   #382
SDDL-UP

johnnyonthespot - nice work on the picture there, very cool.

CZF - that's an interesting piece, but part of the appeal of the Stainless for me is the ambidextrous safety. Neat piece anyway.
Old March 29, 2008, 05:18 AM   #383
johnnyonthespot

hey thanks sddl-up ...

i knew that art degree was useful for SOMETHING!!!!!
Old April 5, 2008, 08:35 PM   #384
Bear2000

WTB Standard Iron Sights for CZ 75B

I thought I'd post this here in the hope that many of you had changed your sights on your 75Bs and have no use for your old rear, fixed sights.

If so, send me a PM with an asking price.

Or, if you know where I might buy one (used, inexpensive) let me know.

Thanks!
Old April 8, 2008, 07:29 PM   #385
Samuel Adams

I am now a proud member of the CZ club. I just traded a less than reliable Charles Daly 1911 for a CZ 82, two boxes of ammo, and a IWB holster for the CZ - and had change coming back.

This will be my primary carry weapon for the foreseeable future.

Member GeorgiaCarry.org

Last edited by Samuel Adams; April 8, 2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old April 9, 2008, 12:51 AM   #386
GJgo

Just got my first one today, and I love it!

Question- is there an option for replacing the plastic guide rod?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0408081251.jpg (195.1 KB, 116 views)
Old April 9, 2008, 02:47 PM   #387
FourTeeFive

Quote:
Question- is there an option for replacing the plastic guide rod?
http://guiderod.com/

Steve Bedair is the guy. Highly recommended.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson
Old April 9, 2008, 02:48 PM   #388
dasmi

GJgo, that is a great looking gun.
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Old April 9, 2008, 09:16 PM   #389
GJgo

Thanks Off of a rest, I went 5 for 5 on a steel 3" plate at 25 yds! Not too shabby on the break in WWB rounds!

I was also able to trade out the plastic grips that came on it for a set of rubber ones on a different pistol in the case- very happy about that..
Old April 11, 2008, 02:50 PM   #390
Chris B

I just joined the club. Got a surplus CZ 82 in 9mm MAK. Great little pistol at a great price.

I was wondering what, if any, information I can find out about the history of this gun; and how I would go about finding that info? Any suggestions?

Also, are these things drop safe?

Last edited by Chris B; April 11, 2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: another ?
Old April 11, 2008, 05:21 PM   #391
gilfo

Count me in also, have a Rami Poly that is the best ccw I've ever had. Looking to get a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom when they become available.
Old April 11, 2008, 08:52 PM   #392
cornman

When is the CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom supposed to be available?
Old April 11, 2008, 08:55 PM   #393
Deer Hunter

I just got back from doing some double-tap and draw-fire drills with my CZ75. I can't wait until I use it in competition. I'll be the only CZ user there, though. Eh, STIs are overrated anyway.
Old April 11, 2008, 09:30 PM   #394
armoredman

Grat aquisitions! Chris, the CZ 82 was a Czech military sidearm, replaced by the PO1. It is a good solid reliable sidearm.
cornman, the word on the Phantom is "not yet." Things can change.

http://czfirearms.us/ The original CZ Forum, new address.

Last edited by armoredman; April 12, 2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old April 11, 2008, 10:02 PM   #395
def4pos8

Finally Figured Out the Camera Thing

Cz-75 A4333 was purchased in '89 for $225 from Fankonia Jagd. I have since stripped the enamel over phosphate finish and done some polishing, adding an adjustable rear sight. It continues to be the most accurate 9mm I own -- even better than my H&K PSP.

It goes to Son #1. . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0385.JPG (689.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0386.JPG (675.9 KB, 47 views)
Old April 13, 2008, 10:31 PM   #396
Samuel Adams

Who was it that said that CZs breed like rabbits? In addition to the CZ82 I just bought, I also ordered a CZ75B Single Action with custom sights from Angus at http://czcustom.com/

Member GeorgiaCarry.org
Old April 13, 2008, 11:02 PM   #397
yhtomit

Quote:
If not, well, maybe it was one of those Moravians. (Like Mr. Miculek, for example! His name would have a haček over the "c," and that is indeed how he pronounces it: "Mičulek." Turns out a bunch of 'em came to Texas in the decade or two before the Civil War.)
Yep! Anyone who's been to / through the town of West, Texas (which is in Texas and therefore the West, but not in West Texas ) knows the odd sense of being on-set while they film a time-travel movie, or some alternate reality show Good place for awesome baked goods, too.

timothy
Old April 14, 2008, 12:08 AM   #398
phrozenlikwid

First time I've seen this thread, so allow me to introduce myself (or rather, my CZ's!)

I first got started into the world of CZ with a '75 pre-B. Shot it and liked it, but ended up selling it (dumb) for a brief fling with USP's (dumber). I missed my CZ, so I decided to pick up a SP-01 done over by Matt Mink. Excellent pistol, but I wasn't shooting many pistol competitions at the time, and thus found it somewhat big/heavy for a general blaster. Sold it and found two (well... 2.5) replacements, which will probably stick around for a long time to come.

First was a standard duo-tone '75 that was done up by Angus. I think Angus replaced/reworked most everything in the pistol he could, and I ended up with the nicest DA/SA trigger I've ever felt on a firearm. The gun shoots so good it makes me feel like a putz (No excuses for poor shooting), and I haven't been able to fault it yet in ~2000 rds. Many a person has been converted from Sigs/HK/Glock/etc with this pistol, and it spends probably about as much time in my friends hands on loan, it does in my own.
(Forgive the crappy pic, I reaaally need to get some better ones)

My other CZ is a '75 Stainless that was worked over and converted by Matt Mink to a SA trigger. This was going to be my HD/Winter carry gun, but I almost hate to do that to it because it's so pretty. It also serves as my main .22lr pistol, as Matt also fitted a Kadet upper to the gun, and outfitted it to match the 9mm with an XS BigDot front sight. He also added two small knobs to the slide to help with manipulation which IMO are worth their weight in gold.

9mm Upper

Kadet Upper

These two guns have been responsible for me selling off most of my other full-size 9mm's. They are just that good, and my resistance is futile; CZ is definitely where it's at in my book. I'm thinking my next addition will be a P-01, as I've got some things I want to try (SA/Manual Safety conversion anyone!?)

One question for the group - Anyone know where a man could pick up some Stainless Allen/torx grip screws? All I can find are stainless Phillips, but I'm not too crazy about those myself (personal aesthetics more than anything I suppose).
Old April 14, 2008, 12:19 AM   #399
phrozenlikwid

Oh and Seven, that's a absolutely beautiful compact you have.

The store didn't happen to have another one did they?
Old April 14, 2008, 10:33 AM   #400
Cliff47

In answer to the replacement for a plastic (Delrin) guide rod, yes, Steve Bedair makes an excellent stainless steel replacement. I went one step further by purchasing a Frame Saver Dual Action Spring unit from EFK Fire Dragon (https://www.EFKFireDragon.com), that actually absorbs the action of the slide coming back (like a shock absorber) before the impact on the frame does any damage. Maybe the best $60 investment I've made yet. The phone number for the company is (480) 831-3881.