Quantcast
The CZ Club - Page 18 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 17, 2008, 02:02 AM   #426
stormyone

My CZ75 semiautomatic "Jerrys Special"

Last edited by stormyone; June 17, 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old June 17, 2008, 06:53 AM   #427
Cliff47

I have posed this question on another forum: In the case of the "Jerry's Special", also known as the CZ75 SemiCompact, who is this Jerry, and what has he got up his sleeve for us in the way of offerings from CZ's parts bin?

By the way, nice SemiCompact. I own one myself.

Added 18 June 2008 - Forgot to mention that this CZ75 SemiCompact also comes in a two-tone finish, blued slide over a brushed chrome frame. A shooting buddy of mine has one like that. Lucky devil.

I see a number of CZ75 pistols in your future.

Last edited by Cliff47; June 18, 2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old June 17, 2008, 10:52 PM   #428
stormyone

Quote:
I have posed this question on another forum: In the case of the "Jerry's Special", also known as the CZ75 SemiCompact, who is this Jerry, and what has he got up his sleeve for us in the way of offerings from CZ's parts bin?

By the way, nice SemiCompact. I own one myself.
From what I understand, a Jerrys Special was a Distributor special build back in 2004.
I didn't know about it until I bought it and did some research. The guys in the store I bought it in didn't know why it was called Jerrys Special either.
Old June 17, 2008, 11:40 PM   #429
briansp82593

I am now a member, just ordered a sp01
Old June 18, 2008, 01:51 AM   #430
Samuel Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansp82593
I am now a member, just ordered a sp01
This time text year you'll have more than that. They breed in range bags. To prove that point, I'm shopping for a PCR right now to go with my 82 and 75 SA.

Member GeorgiaCarry.org
Old June 18, 2008, 04:49 AM   #431
Curiousity

Hi i just recently bought CZ75B/SA....So i am now a Member! YEs....

I love this gun... I am considering my next gun to be the CZ75B .40 in Satin Nickel....

Then a P01

then a compact .40

Then a 97b

LOL i want more CZ's
Old June 18, 2008, 05:35 AM   #432
Samuel Adams

Cool. Remember me at Christmas.

Member GeorgiaCarry.org
Old June 18, 2008, 07:06 AM   #433
borntwice

Here is my new CZ 75 P-01. I have fired about 300 rounds through it so far, without any problems.

Old June 18, 2008, 05:16 PM   #434
lysander

I can now officially become a full member! Having once owned an 85B and letting it go...I recently acquired an SP01 and am back. Such a huge fan of the stuff this company puts out.
Old June 18, 2008, 05:33 PM   #435
schmeky

Lysander,

My SP-01 is my all time favorite 9mm pistol. I know you'll love yours.

After talking to one of the guys at Angus' Custom Shop, I ordered the CZ manufactured custom hammer, part #16B. I was told this hammer makes a huge difference in the trigger of the 75 series. I just got it and the hammer hooks are cut much differently. In fact, the 16B looks like a 1911 hammer in the engagement/hook areas.

I plan on doing a super polish on the sear face, no alteration of the angle, just a mirror like shine to improve the SA break. I'm also going to drop in a 13 or 15 lb. main spring and see how it feels. I'll report back on the outcome.

I also just got a call my 97B has arrived at the FFL holder, so I'l be pickin' this puppy up this evening.
Old June 18, 2008, 05:39 PM   #436
burningsquirrels

schmeky... if you're going to make an action shooting or target gun out of that sp-01. just get the 11 pound mainspring and remove the positive camming from the sear. if you're going to carry for protection, just leave it as is, or get a 15/16lb mainspring.

also, if you're truly action/target shooting, i recommend the SA trigger too. pm me if you want more info, i've done it all to my 40b.
Old June 18, 2008, 05:49 PM   #437
schmeky

Burning,

I assume you're referring to altering the sear angle, correct? I have used a 13# mainspring in my SP and I had one failure to fire in 600 rounds. The primer could have been seated a tad to high (WWB) and a subsequent DA trigger pull fired the round. So I'm a little leary of an 11# spring, but I'm open to suggestions.

I ruined the hammer on my 75 trying to remove some of the positive camming. Did you use the info on the CZ forum about trigger jobs to alter your sear? I'm OK with a little camming, but none would be preferrable.
Old June 18, 2008, 05:57 PM   #438
burningsquirrels

yes, i used the info from the CZ forum. a note on modifying the sear angle on the sear itself - i sanded literally 10 passes, reassembled, and repeated about eight times until i got what i wanted. it'd be difficult and expensive to replace the sear if you remove too much, but it's worth it.

i did the 'pen launch' test. i put a bic pen in the barrel, and pulled the trigger. i measured how far the pen flew out by eyesight. with the 11 lb mainspring, it flew out nearly the same amount. with the stock hammer, the 11 lb mainspring just coughs up the pen. i think the comp hammer helps make up for weaker mainsprings.

i also had to trim some of the sear up top where it meets the safety. i had to work that several times too until i got what i wanted. since the hooks on the comp hammer are so small, it's crucial that when the safety is engaged, that you are absolutely unable to manually lift the sear with a pick from behind to let the hammer fall on its own. this is especially true if you removed your firing pin block like i did - but again, i'm action shooting - FPB removal is absolutely a no-no for anything but action/target shooting only.
Old June 18, 2008, 06:03 PM   #439
schmeky

Burning,

I'm right with. I understand the relationship of hammer engagement and how alteration in this area can/will affect the relationship of the sear "tab" that infaces with the manual safety lever.

This is slow critical work to make it functional and be safe. I'm all about safety first.

So you "squared" up the sear face? Did you alter the hammer hooks as well?
Old June 18, 2008, 06:14 PM   #440
burningsquirrels

no - i did not square up the face. it still has some angle in it, but i reduced it somewhere between 1/3rd and 1/2 the angle - but don't hold me to it, yours could be different.

i only micro-polished the hammer hooks with 800 grit until i saw a mirror looking back at me.
Old June 18, 2008, 09:01 PM   #441
GZOh

Congratulations ZeSpectre...

Gotta congratulate ZeSpectre on the great job he's done putting together this CZ Club!!!...Been great reading his CZ posts over the years, and know how he loves the gun! Any man that ends his thread with one of the great qoutes (he gave me permission to use it awhile back and ALL my boys have got it and have heard it over and over!!) is the best!... I'd love to be a part of the Club since I've now bought seven CZs (gave two 'dups' away as gifts to family) and just love 'em to death! There's nothing I can tell you guys about CZs you don't already know... IMHO they're the best gun out there... the solid metal, the great quality/workmanship, accuracy, durability, and on and on and on.... Own the 75B Stainless, 75BD, 75-Kadet, SP-01 Tactical, and my 'little adorable baby' P-01!! Own a couple other semis (SIG, FNH, Beretta, etc.)... NOTHING comes close to the CZs... would NEVER sell 'em or trade' em... PERIOD! Just a total joy to shoot and clean! As a friend tells me "Easy to find you at the range, you're the one with that big '****-ass' grin on your face!"... YEP, that's me... and it's a CZ GRIN!! Glad to be aboard.
Old June 18, 2008, 10:48 PM   #442
NC-Mike

I'm in! I shot my CZ 75 last night and it was a good session.

Old June 19, 2008, 08:14 AM   #443
ZeSpectre

Sheesh GZOh, now you are making ME want to go out and buy another CZ! <grin>. Admittedly I wouldn't mind a P-01 with a laser but I suspect getting that will probably be a long time coming.

And a BIG "Welcome to the club" to

NC-Mike
lysander
and anyone else I've missed in the meanwhile!
Old June 19, 2008, 12:54 PM   #444
ARTiger

Okay, I'll join . . .

My latest . . .

1988 vintage CZ82 9mm Makarov. Stripped of it's original baked enamel and professionally reblued with a black oxide finish. Grips by Marschalko.

Best shooter . . .

75BD Police with walnut thumbrest grips and Meprolight nites.
Old June 19, 2008, 01:10 PM   #445
ZeSpectre

Very nice! Love the job on the 82. Might want to do that myself!
Old June 19, 2008, 06:59 PM   #446
GZOh

That 'Little' P-01...

Ze, I tell ya that little P-01 is really one helluva gun!!! Thought after the 75B and the SP-01 Tactical, nothing could 'come close'... but this P-01 has! It's just a great, accurate shoot. When its really broken-in (1000+ rnds) I think it's gonna replace my SIG-P229 as my 'night-stand gun.' The CZ-GZ

Last edited by GZOh; June 19, 2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old June 19, 2008, 11:21 PM   #447
Samuel Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTiger
1988 vintage CZ82 9mm Makarov. Stripped of it's original baked enamel and professionally reblued with a black oxide finish. Grips by Marschalko.
Nice. I'll have to do mine like this.

Member GeorgiaCarry.org
Old June 20, 2008, 07:16 AM   #448
Cliff47

Very nice set of grips on that CZ82, ARTiger. The wood tones complement the pistol finish in a very subtle manner.
Old June 20, 2008, 10:06 AM   #449
senior
Member In Memoriam

cz

Have a 75c with deep hi gloss blue, got the factory wood grips and the red of the wood and that high gloss finish is BEAUTIFUL!! built in '99 but still looks brand new, my safe gun
Old June 20, 2008, 10:36 AM   #450
GZOh

Sounds like a real pretty gun SENIOR, got any pics?