Quantcast
The CZ Club - Page 32 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 19, 2008, 10:25 AM   #776
WARDER

thanks guys

Last edited by WARDER; October 19, 2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old October 19, 2008, 01:49 PM   #777
ParaElite

We have got to keep this thread (CZ Club) going. A few months ago, I got the CZ 75 B SS for $499.95 + tax and then about a month ago, bought the EAA witness elite match in 10mm for $467 OTD. I am now looking to get an SP01 and then a CZ 40B.
Old October 19, 2008, 02:58 PM   #778
burningsquirrels

good luck finding the 40b! let me know if you find some NIB.
Old October 19, 2008, 06:06 PM   #779
straight-shooter

Quote:
good luck finding the 40b! let me know if you find some NIB.
Two brand new in the box right now on GunBroker.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=113335955
Old October 19, 2008, 06:44 PM   #780
ParaElite

I only pay cash and since I will be paid only at the end of the month I will just have to wait on the CZ40B!
Rats!
Old October 20, 2008, 06:29 PM   #781
don95sml

Old October 20, 2008, 06:36 PM   #782
sara bellum

semi compact

Can anyone remind me if CZ ever made a semi compact?
"Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill [Virginia State House Bill 1572] was defeated. 'I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus.'"
Esposito, Greg, "Gun Bill Gets Shot Down," The Roanoke Times, http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/wb/xp-50658, January 31, 2006.
Virginia allows university campuses to prohibit persons with concealed weapon's permits from entering campuses with a firearm.
Old October 20, 2008, 07:12 PM   #783
CZF

Yes, there are a few of them that POP up from time to time.
They are often called Jerry's Specials, as that Dealer usually has them.

PICS:

http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/hakan/CZ-SEMI.html
http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/
Old October 20, 2008, 07:40 PM   #784
tekarra

sara,

Do you have a cZ75 and a cZ75 Compact?
If so, swap the slides and have a Semicompact and a ?????

cZ75 and cZ75 Compact

With the slides swapped.
Old October 20, 2008, 10:20 PM   #785
buckeye8

New to THR (after several months of lurking). Great online community.

New to Semi-Automatic Handguns. A little experience with revolvers and small rifles.

New to the CZ Club! After a ton of research, and handling quite a few guns at local shops, I think I made a choice that I will be happy with for a long time.

Got a 75B 9mm in Satin Nickel from Bud's Gun Shop.

Question: My gun came with two 15 round magazines. I can use the standard 16 rounders... correct? There are no laws in my state that prohibit it, but for whatever reason, Bud's was selling the 15 round version. I'm going to buy a few more magazines, and don't want to waste my money if there is some reason that the 16 rounders won't fit my gun. I'm sure it's a dumb-noob question, but thought I should ask before I bought!

Oh, and for the record: This thread played no small part in helping me decide on my first autoloader. Thanks for all the quality information, and of course, the pics!
Old October 21, 2008, 05:26 AM   #786
Barker45

You can use the 16 rd Mec-Gar mags in the 75, no problem! The MecGar mags are cheaper than factory (a little above $20), in fact, mec-gar makes factory mags for most quality firearms like SIG etc. Welcome to the CZ addiction!!!! I have lots of hndguns but CZs are some of my favorites!!!
Old October 21, 2008, 08:20 AM   #787
KCWebPlaza

I'm trying to join the club. I'm torn between purchasing a 75 BD and a P-01. I've only found a 75B to rent at the ranges. I'll be using the gun for HD and the range. I hear the P-01 is a good shooter, but a little snappier than the fuller size. If I could find a P-01 in Kansas City to shoot, I'd be in the club in 10 days
Old October 21, 2008, 10:51 AM   #788
MacTech

I think the next CZ I'd be looking for would be a 75SAO, used, but seeing as CZ's are rare enough at my gunshop to begin with, I may have to go new, that'd most likely be after I purchased a decent used 1911 though...
Old October 23, 2008, 12:27 PM   #789
KCWebPlaza

Decision Complate

I finally found a P-01 to rent. Research is over and case closed. After renting a LOT of autos, I'll be picking up a P-01 as soon as I shop around for the best price.

I like the weight, balance, grip, and handling more than the full-sized 75B. I could get on target quickly. Recoil very manageable. Grip is big for a compact - but I prefer it that way. DA trigger pull is quite long, but this is my defensive gun, not a target pistol.

My decision was between the P-01 and a Glock 19, but I didn't like the grip angle on the 19. At 10 yards with the Glock, I had to move my front sight OFF of my intended target a bit to hit it - something that really put me off.

Down the road, I might tweak some things: the sights are small, I might replace the plastic guide rod with a metal one, polish some of the trigger assembly, add a tactical light on the rail. I'll research options with some experienced community members.

I can only confirm what so many people suggest: nothing is as important to personally handling and shooting a gun to make a purchase decision.
Old October 23, 2008, 12:34 PM   #790
retgarr

I'd research the metal guide rod option. At 2500 rounds my plastic guide rod in my semi compact is going strong. The flexibility of it seems to be important.

Who is John Galt?
Old October 23, 2008, 02:17 PM   #791
Tecolote

Metal or polymer doesn't matter when it comes to guide rods. It's purely a cosmetic issue. Since the all metal construction is one of the things I like about CZs, I replace the polymer guide rod with a Steve Bedair stainless one.
Old October 24, 2008, 07:27 PM   #792
rforgy

Cz p-01

Ran first 2 boxes of ammo through it last weekend, really like it.

Last edited by rforgy; October 27, 2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old October 24, 2008, 07:49 PM   #793
burningsquirrels

If any of you guys are on Facebook, I started a group called Competitive CZ Shooters. Search for that and you'll find me listed as the creator.
Old October 24, 2008, 09:36 PM   #794
TMann

Back in the club. Recently purchased an excellent condition 75b with some of the nicest wood grips that I've ever held. I has always found the 75b to be a bit big, but these grips really make the gun feel like an extension of my hand. (Pics to follow later this weekend.)

TMann
Old October 25, 2008, 04:37 AM   #795
ParaElite

Guys,
I just saw my next pistol purchase: An SP01 Tactical in .40S&W - $640 or thereabouts. Drool, drool. Can't wait.
Old October 25, 2008, 06:24 PM   #796
MacTech

I got a couple shooters at my Rod and Gun club to seriously consider a CZ-75 for their next gun...

Shooter 1; a woman who was shooting her hammerless .38 snubby wheelgun, she was there with another woman and the guy who was teaching them, on her second round, she hit the "X" ring in the middle of the target and let out a whoop of triumph and started strutting around the shooting bay (after putting the gun down first), after a while all three came over to my area to see what I was shooting, I had my Kimber Classic II and my CZ-75B out

I heard her griping about the trigger pull on her .38 as she was walking over, they were curious about my 9mm, never heard of CZ, I offered to load up a mag and let her shoot it, she politely declined, but wanted to see it anyway, so I put a snap-cap in the mag, and handed her the gun, action open, told her how to load it, and had her pull the trigger in both single and double action

She *LOVED* the weight and balance of the gun, how it just settled into her hands and allowed her to keep her sights steady, I then had her try the trigger in DA then in SA, as soon as she felt that smooth, clean SA trigger action, her eyes lit up, she said "this has a mich better trigger feel than my gun, and I love the weight and balance of it, my gun's just too light"

I also put a snap cap in the Kimber, and had her try the trigger on that one, she was astonished... "that's *IT*?, it takes almost no pressure at all!"

she thanked me and as she walked back to her station, I heard her remarking how she really liked my CZ, and she wanted one of her own

Shooter 2; similar situation, a couple guys with a Sig .380 , one, an experienced shooter, and the other, a newb, who was waiting for his Ruger Mk III to come in, once again, they were intrigued by the CZ, the newbie asking to hold the gun, remarking on it's balance, heft, and comfort, I offered to load up a mag, and he accepted, asking for five rounds, which I loaded up, and talked him through loading and chambering, he shot off those 5 rounds, and had a huge grin on his face by the last round

as with the other shooter, he loved the weight, balance, and comfort, but what really stunned him was the lack of recoil, he said the CZ had dramatically less recoil than the Sig he was shooting, and it allowed him to keep his sights on target for all five rounds, he asked where he could get one, and how much they were, it sounded like he was ready to buy one as soon as he was done shooting

he said that when he was shooting the Sig .380, he had sort of an oval recoil, the gun drove his arms in a circular pattern, and that did not happen with the CZ

We may have a few more CZ fans soon, so far, *everyone* I've let shoot the CZ has loved it, and it's been 100% reliable the whole time, no FTF, FTE, stovepipes, hangfires, nothing, it's 100% reliable
Old October 25, 2008, 11:18 PM   #797
vikz

I'll play..

CZ 527 american in 223

Dan wesson CBOB in 45acp (also owned by CZ)..

okay so i have 2 CBOB thats not too much now is it??

and i will soon to get an 75B SA in 9mm hopefully next week just waiting for my dealer to get it..

Last edited by vikz; October 25, 2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old November 14, 2008, 01:35 AM   #798
ChCx2744

Sent in my CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 2 months ago because it did not come with a lock, snap caps, or extra magazine, just the empty plastic bags they were supposed to come in. It finally came back today and I can't wait to take it to the range. I'll try and get pictures/range report ASAP...If anyone cares that is
Old November 19, 2008, 01:40 PM   #799
krs

Ignorant but curious........I've seen some listings of new CZ pistols that are blued, not polycoated. What's the deal about blued models?

Are all versions available in blued steel, gloss blue? If not, which models ARE available that way?

I like blued guns.

Oh, and what about this new CZ called "Phantom". It has the first CZ polymer frame - supposed to reduce weight by 33%, and comes with two grip inserts for tailoring the pistol. 19 rounds. Has anyone actually fired one yet?

Last edited by krs; November 19, 2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old November 19, 2008, 11:43 PM   #800
CZF

SP-01 based PHANTOM

[IMG][/IMG]
http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/