Quantcast
The CZ Club - Page 38 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old December 18, 2008, 11:39 AM   #926
floods

Quote:
wipe everything down, then clean and lube like normal.

solvents i use hoppes number 9.

lubes i use hoppes gun oil on small parts that rotate, and slide glide where things slide, rub, and slam, and rem dri-lube on the action and in the magazine well.
Thanks. Hoppes has been popping up a lot in my research and has a good reputation, I'll grab some of their solvent and oil when I run by the store.
"I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun." -Ecclesiastes 2:10-11
Old December 18, 2008, 12:36 PM   #927
NG VI

MJCZ is that the way it came? Do the stainless CZs really look that polished?
...you may want to re-word that.
Old December 18, 2008, 05:47 PM   #928
mjcz

The 75B SS is available in either the polished finish, like mine, or the matte (sandblasted) finish.

I thought the polished looked a little more unique. This is my first CZ, I'm now looking for #2. Awesome gun!

Here is a link showing the matte finish:
http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&id...dz=170&lang=en

Last edited by mjcz; December 18, 2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old December 18, 2008, 07:54 PM   #929
tblt

Are polymer Cz pistols any good.I found this one I really like but don't know if they still make it

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ucts_id/200031
Old December 19, 2008, 07:32 PM   #930
floods

Well, I picked up and paid off my P-01 today, took it home and cleaned it, then went back to the range and ran 100 rounds of WWB 115 through it. Trigger's a little rough, but otherwise it was great. Only fired 5 rounds DA, the other 95 were SA, I could see easily running through a few hundred rounds if I'd brought as much.
"I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun." -Ecclesiastes 2:10-11
Old December 22, 2008, 11:36 PM   #931
burningsquirrels

i added a cz frame reassembly guide for those who want a hand to break down and detail strip their frame over at my 40b site. it's under performance -> cz frame assembly. read through, then reverse for the disassembly.
Old December 29, 2008, 12:36 PM   #932
floods

400 rounds through the P-01 so far. Initial clean, clean after first 100 rounds, and cleaned it yesterday after I put 300 rounds through it. No FTF's or jams so far, slide failed to lock back on empty once. SA trigger's already smoothed out quite a bit and the break is easier to feel, DA trigger's still dirty but improving, I've probably only shot about 45-60 rounds in DA.
Old December 30, 2008, 07:15 PM   #933
RobZ71LM7

Just ordered a second CZ75B. I also added the competition hammer and CZ85 trigger to my first one the other day. The trigger is amazing. I left the firing pin stop in, but without the stop the reset is super short. I've been searching for a reliable 1911 replacement for a while now and this is definitely it.

Anyways I'm ditching my M&P's for the CZ. I also bought a CZ75 SP-01 at Whittakers, who would not let me dryfire, I'm kind of disappointed in the decocker, compared to the CZ75B w/comp hammer, and am selling it for a model that can be cocked and locked.
Old December 31, 2008, 07:12 PM   #934
Old Navy

Rob,

Just curious, What did you not like about the decocker? I have a CZ 75D and don't think I'll buy anything except decockers from now on. I'd like to hear your take.
Old January 6, 2009, 08:23 PM   #935
RobZ71LM7

Quote:
Rob,

Just curious, What did you not like about the decocker? I have a CZ 75D and don't think I'll buy anything except decockers from now on. I'd like to hear your take.
I came from 1911's and like being able to carry cocked. But I also put a CZ competition hammer in my regular CZ75B and am in love with it. Unfortunately that's not an option for the decocker guns. Now if budsgunshop.com will ship the second CZ75B I ordered on the 30th I'll be happy.
Old January 6, 2009, 08:25 PM   #936
RobZ71LM7

Anyone have experience with the Rami in 9mm? Is it better than the .40 versions in terms of quirks and reliability. I'm thinking of getting one for my wife.
Old January 6, 2009, 09:03 PM   #937
armoredman

Rob, my wife has carried a RAMI 9mm for some time. We arequite sure it was the first RAMI in Arizona. I think she likes it...

That's with the optional 14 round extended magazine, and Hakan Pek grips.

Works like a charm, has never jammed on any factory ammo, good solid pistol.

tblt, the poly RAMI is a new addition to the CZ fleet, and the reports I am getting is it works very well. Have not handled or seen one in person, so I have to rely on second hand reports.

As for our general impression of CZ...pardon if I posted this before...

http://czfirearms.us/ The original CZ Forum, new address.
Old January 6, 2009, 09:49 PM   #938
Mrs. Armoredman

Our case rests...

NRA Life Member
Old January 6, 2009, 10:26 PM   #939
CZF

9mm RAMI is fine. I hear the new .40s are better than the older
ones.

Take a look at the RAMI BD (Decocker) for your wife.

Some people new to guns prefer the decocker over having to lower the hammer on a live round, or cocked n locked carry.

Now people have a choice and the BDs are selling well.

http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/
Old January 6, 2009, 10:35 PM   #940
eatont9999

The only safety I use is "Keep your booger hooks off the boom switch!" Unless of course you keep the gun in your pocket a thumb safety may be in order there.
Old January 7, 2009, 06:16 PM   #941
jdc1244

My SP-01 is a pure range gun the decocker is not an issue.

Great thread, great guns! I highly, highly recommend anyone interested in .40 S&W get a 75B chambered for the round. It has never failed in any way, is very easy to be accurate with, and is a joy to use. The platform accommodates the round very well.
Old January 7, 2009, 06:42 PM   #942
Fire-4-Effect

Love my 75b SS

I have a 75b in stainless. I like the gun a LOT! However, the trigger pull is very long and there is some creep. My targets are consistently showing shots a few inches to the left (9 o'clock). I believe it is my trigger control made worse by the long trigger. I would also like to get some adjustable sights for the gun. Can you guys recommend a competent gunsmith who can do this work?

Thanks

PR
Old January 7, 2009, 09:43 PM   #943
burningsquirrels

Quote:
"if they didn't work right, we wouldn't own them."
^^^ i can only one-up that by saying:

"if they didn't work right, i wouldn't carry them when my life depends on it."
Old January 8, 2009, 02:01 AM   #944
armoredman

Absolutely, and all of the pistols in that picture are carried as defensive sidearms by the owners.

http://czfirearms.us/ The original CZ Forum, new address.
Old January 8, 2009, 08:20 PM   #945
CZF

I would have loved to have a RAMI- some years go when working plainclothes
http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/
Old January 8, 2009, 08:42 PM   #946
Mrs. Armoredman

Of course. BTW being well endowed helps when concealing. Hint Hint...

NRA Life Member
Old January 9, 2009, 10:03 AM   #947
burningsquirrels

CZF: so, is that what you consider plainclothes at your work?
Old January 9, 2009, 11:03 AM   #948
ParaElite

That's it, I'm moving to the Czech Republic!
Old January 9, 2009, 02:28 PM   #949
phoenix79

New member to the forum but I've been shooting CZ for several years. Here's a pic of my family:

P-06; Satin Nickel 75B in .40; CZ52 Blued with Omega grips; Hard Chromed CZ52 with Omega Grips
Old January 9, 2009, 04:12 PM   #950
Deer Hunter

Those CZ52s are beautiful!

My favorite handgun of all, at least looks-wise. I've been meaning to pick one up for a while now.