Quantcast
The CZ Club - Page 54 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old January 13, 2010, 06:14 AM   #1326
Rovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningsquirrels
who's the guy on top on that 3-dude poster? i can't read the name.
I'm pretty sure it's Josef Rakušan.
Old January 15, 2010, 01:33 PM   #1327
Deer Hunter

Alright guys, I'm about to go out and purchase a CZ PCR for my CCW rig.

Now, I need a holster.

Any suggestions?
Old January 15, 2010, 01:38 PM   #1328
burningsquirrels

IWB? tuckable? OWB? which?

hbe, crossbreed, hazel make good ones that sponsor czf...
Old January 15, 2010, 01:57 PM   #1329
Deer Hunter

I'm looking at a paddle OWB holster.

HBE has caught my eye... Anything else I should know about? Blade tech maybe?
Old January 15, 2010, 01:59 PM   #1330
burningsquirrels

once you generally know what you want, the rest is subjective. i like leather. milt sparks, hbe, hazel, high noon get good reviews. i like leather as it's softer on the skin and easier on the gun. however, kydex is fast. blade tech makes good holsters.
Old January 15, 2010, 02:02 PM   #1331
Deer Hunter

I'll look around before I whip out the wallet. Thanks for the names, I'll do more research.
Old January 15, 2010, 02:04 PM   #1332
burningsquirrels

Cool. Just don't forget a good stiff gun belt to go with it.
Old January 17, 2010, 02:22 PM   #1333
viking499

High Noon Holsters are nice. My second one will be here next week.
Old January 17, 2010, 11:19 PM   #1334
lgjhn

Tucker OWB Paddle holster. It is a leather-lined kydex holster that is light-weight yet gives the protection of leather to the gun. And you don't get the "snick" sound when drawing your gun.
Here is mine made in left-hand for my PO-1:
Old January 19, 2010, 02:03 AM   #1335
Samuel Adams

I just got this from CZ Custom for IDPA. A FO front sight is on the way.

Member GeorgiaCarry.org
Old February 20, 2010, 09:14 PM   #1336
KONY

Finally snapped some photos of the PCR wearing thin aluminum grips:

Old February 20, 2010, 09:25 PM   #1337
k9stang

Kony, do those grips change the feel of the gun much? They look really good on there. I tried a set of wood grips that didn't have the factory contours and sold them because it didn't feel like the same gun.
Old February 20, 2010, 09:33 PM   #1338
KONY

Quote:
Kony, do those grips change the feel of the gun much? They look really good on there. I tried a set of wood grips that didn't have the factory contours and sold them because it didn't feel like the same gun.
K9stang, thanks. These grips change the feel of the gun dramatically. The good part is the reason I bought them: they slim down the width of the grips tremendously and do not grab my shirt lke the factory rubber grips, both of which help with carrying IWB. However, if you have really big hands (mine are average size) then it might feel "too thin" if you are used to the palm swell in the factory grips. Also, although checkered, it is nowhere near as "grippy" as the factory grips but I have not had any issues holding on to the pistol. Hope this helps!
Old February 21, 2010, 07:30 AM   #1339
k9stang

Who makes those grips, I'm interested in a set. The wood ones I tried actually made the grip area feel huge. They were not thin grips though. Do they come with the shorter screws?
Old February 21, 2010, 07:57 AM   #1340
burningsquirrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9stang View Post
Who makes those grips, I'm interested in a set. The wood ones I tried actually made the grip area feel huge. They were not thin grips though. Do they come with the shorter screws?
http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-85-TS-Grip...ic-Rubber.aspx
Old February 21, 2010, 08:48 AM   #1341
KONY

Quote:
burningsquirrels gave you the site. The ones on my PCR are the "CZ 75 Compact Thin AL Grips BLACK Border Checker". Unfortunately, there's no picture for these but you can see what they look like in my pics above. Yes, they are pricey but you can probably check the cz forum to see if anyone is selling theirs used. These come with stainless grip screws but I already had a pair of slotted stainless screws so I just used them instead. Not 100% sure but I believe they are all roughly the same length and thus interchangeable.

Last edited by KONY; February 21, 2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old February 21, 2010, 12:55 PM   #1342
ATBackPackin

As of right now I only own one CZ, but I am pretty sure that will not always be the case. I am however absolutely crazy about my SP-01.

I scoured the Internet and local gun shops while I was searching for my first handgun and I believe I was on this forum when I had people suggesting CZ's. I went to a local gun shop that had some and when I picked it up I swear I heard the birds singing, the trumpets blaring, and a warm beam of light shone upon me. This is by far the most ergonomic and comfortable gun I have ever picked up. The CZ just felt so right in my hand that I knew right then and there that I HAD to own one. I have NEVER had a gun feel so right in my hand before and since then. I truly wish they would make a singe stack.

I then took it to the range and was pleasantly surprised how comfortable it was to shoot and how accurate it is. At that point I had not fired a single gun in over ten years. By now I have around 750 rounds through it and it has operated positively flawlessly. I could not be more pleased.

I now have more guns that I have bought to fill different billets. I use my CZ SP-01 as my home and range gun and I must admit it is still my favorite gun that I own.

With all of this being said, may I please join the club?

Shawn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CZ SP-01.jpg (192.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Tools2.jpg (209.6 KB, 35 views)
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing it's value. Thomas Paine
Old February 21, 2010, 01:48 PM   #1343
schmeky

I vote to let ATBackPackin in the club;

Do I hear a second on that
Old February 21, 2010, 01:58 PM   #1344
OleCodger

I second the motion! However, after rapidly scanning the Canadian gun laws, I'm wondering why he'd want to move to B.C. !! If indeed he does move, I'd like to have first "dibs" on his SP-01 !!!
Old February 21, 2010, 03:35 PM   #1345
ATBackPackin

Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate the motions.

OleCodger

I wrote my profile when I first joined the forum and before I was aware of a lot of gun banning laws, they can call them gun control laws but we know what they mean, so I should probably update that.

How about Wyoming? I would imagine their laws are good. My dream is to have at least 100 acres and to build a completely self sufficient home on it. I also would love for it to be in the mountains, cold weather, and around lakes, so to find a site where I can incorporate all of that is my goal. That is why I was thinking B.C. before, but as you pointed out that is probably not my best option if I want to keep all of my guns. We also love the Adirondacks, but I'm not sure about NY State laws yet either. Trust me when I say though, we have plenty of time to plan. Lol.

Thanks again for voting me in. I'll do my absolute best to uphold CZ's honor.

Shawn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tools3.jpg (196.5 KB, 27 views)
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing it's value. Thomas Paine
Old February 21, 2010, 04:36 PM   #1346
SleazyRider

A brace of CZ-82s

I know they're relics of the cold war, but will my brace of CZ-82s get me into the club?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old February 21, 2010, 06:14 PM   #1347
armoredman

ATbackpackin', Wyoming has good gun laws from what I hear, and a LOT of space, something like 500,000 people in the whole state.

http://czfirearms.us/ The original CZ Forum, new address.
Old February 21, 2010, 06:48 PM   #1348
SleazyRider

What's wrong with New York City? Central Park has wildlife!
Old February 21, 2010, 06:53 PM   #1349
jdc1244

Quote:
I know they're relics of the cold war, but will my brace of CZ-82s get me into the club?
Very much so, I have an example myself.
Old February 21, 2010, 09:14 PM   #1350
KONY

Quote:
What's wrong with New York City? Central Park has wildlife!
Yea, lots of two-legged creatures!