Quantcast
The CZ Club - Page 57 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 1, 2010, 07:28 PM   #1401
schmeky

Picked up this super clean, early model, glossy blue, CZ-97 with box, papers, no front cocking serrations, etc., for . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $410.00 plus $25.00 to ship. Weee' doggy !!

Old November 1, 2010, 07:35 PM   #1402
Walkalong

Dang Schmeky, you did better than I did. Good job.

Back when ZeSpectre started this thread I did not have a CZ. (Having traded my PO1), but now I have a 97, and it ain't going nowhere!

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered another round. Author unknown.
Old November 1, 2010, 08:55 PM   #1403
tekarra

Nice find schmeky.
Old November 1, 2010, 10:15 PM   #1404
schmeky

Thanks guys. I was looking for a Hi-Power (still will be in a couple months) and stumbled on this one. Just couldn't pass it up for the price.

Walkalong,

Thanks a bunch for posting the pic of your glossy blue. CZ-97's, IMHO, are not as photogenic as some other semi's. But up close and in person, they are gorgeous.

I like that Comp hammer
Old November 2, 2010, 06:42 AM   #1405
ifit

awesome to see all kinds of cz pistols, heres my contribution

Old November 2, 2010, 05:29 PM   #1406
CZF

Nice find!

Know that my MMC nite equipped 97B with Hakans, was the most
accurate CZ I've ever owned.

Pretty big and heavy to carry (now my bad back regrets it)
but superbly accurate.

I miss it one most days. The guy I sold it to during hard times
really loves it.

http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/
Old November 8, 2010, 07:12 PM   #1407
atblis

So, how did all you CZ fanatics miss this on gunbroker?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=198067302
The buy it now was exercised with one day left.
Old November 8, 2010, 07:53 PM   #1408
DWhitehorne

I picked up another 40 compact. Seems to be a good shooter with fullsize 40 mags. David

Old November 8, 2010, 08:15 PM   #1409
bannockburn

delete

Last edited by bannockburn; November 9, 2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old November 9, 2010, 04:33 PM   #1410
Alexey.Kravtsov

CZ in Tampa Bay

I am looking for CZ for my wife. It would be her first gun and she needs to hold it before agreed to it.
I checked all local stores and ranges and none of them have any of CZ's at all.
Does anyone know store or range where we can get our hands on any CZ, SP01 compact preferably?

Or may be someone have them in TampaBay and can give us a chance to hold it?

Thank you in advance.
Old November 9, 2010, 04:37 PM   #1411
Wishoot

Just put 150 rounds down the pipe of my CZ82. Pure joy.
Old November 11, 2010, 10:15 PM   #1412
Erik M

I have a Jericho 941 compact. I think I've narrowed down Santa's list to something along the lines of a compact CZ / EAA model. Bud's has a good deal on SP-01's right now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIzhevsk View Post
Well as long as we're doing imitations:
I have that exact model in 9mm. I wish it was a full size without the rail, but at least I got a good deal and can say I own a Jericho
Old November 11, 2010, 10:47 PM   #1413
millertyme

I passed up a deal on a 97 a few months back for $550 plus 3 factory mags and a couple boxes of ammo for an even better deal on an AR15. I still have my 75B and have no intention of getting rid of it any time soon. I love that pistol.
Old November 12, 2010, 12:45 AM   #1414
soloban

Shot with my CZ-75B @ 10 Yards with handloads. 50 rounds.
Old November 12, 2010, 07:42 PM   #1415
schmeky

Here's a not so good pic of a custom CZ-97 I am working on. I'll take some better pics soon.

I bore the slide and cut a locking lug groove so I can fit a 1911 bushing. Turns an accurate gun into a one-holer at 25 yards. I just have fun working on these pistols.

Old November 12, 2010, 07:47 PM   #1416
eerw

just worked on this CZ75 40S&W. converted to single action. fun shooter

5 shot group at 10 yards offhand, factory 180 Fiochi ammo

Old November 17, 2010, 08:42 AM   #1417
Jonah71

75B...I lied.

I swore I would NEVER trade my old Sig P-6. It was one of the most accurate and reliable semi's I've had. But it was a 1980 model and I was a bit concerned about getting needed parts in the future. Could be my concerns were unfounded but that didn't matter much after I tried a 2003 (I think) CZ 75 B Tac. Not too crazy about the OD green frame, and it is a bit heavy. But as for accuracy my Sig didn't have a thing over the CZ. It also fits my hand a lot better. Not to mention the CZ looks like I just took it out of the box. The CZ trigger may not be the greatest in the world but it's quite an improvement from the old Sig. Anyway, I traded the Sig +$100 for the CZ. I know, I probably shouldn't have given the extra $100 and it may have even been a bad trade but so far I'm happy with it. I don't remember ever firing a Sig I didn't like and all my friends were surprised I traded any Sig for a CZ. But I had heard all kinds of good things about CZ's and I just didn't have the cash, especially this time of year, so after testing the CZ and seeing the extremely tight groups, light recoil, how easy it is to keep on target I just had to make the deal. Maybe next year I can have the CZ 75B Comp with the satin nickle finish I saw in the other day. But not at $600. I'll wait and find one slightly used someday.
Old November 17, 2010, 09:08 PM   #1418
soloban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah71 View Post
I swore I would NEVER trade my old Sig P-6. It was one of the most accurate and reliable semi's I've had. But it was a 1980 model and I was a bit concerned about getting needed parts in the future. Could be my concerns were unfounded but that didn't matter much after I tried a 2003 (I think) CZ 75 B Tac. Not too crazy about the OD green frame, and it is a bit heavy. But as for accuracy my Sig didn't have a thing over the CZ. It also fits my hand a lot better. Not to mention the CZ looks like I just took it out of the box. The CZ trigger may not be the greatest in the world but it's quite an improvement from the old Sig. Anyway, I traded the Sig +$100 for the CZ. I know, I probably shouldn't have given the extra $100 and it may have even been a bad trade but so far I'm happy with it. I don't remember ever firing a Sig I didn't like and all my friends were surprised I traded any Sig for a CZ. But I had heard all kinds of good things about CZ's and I just didn't have the cash, especially this time of year, so after testing the CZ and seeing the extremely tight groups, light recoil, how easy it is to keep on target I just had to make the deal. Maybe next year I can have the CZ 75B Comp with the satin nickle finish I saw in the other day. But not at $600. I'll wait and find one slightly used someday.
Ha! That's exactly what I did. I traded in my Sig P6 a little over $100 towards my CZ-75B. I still think I made out on the winning end of that transaction.
Old November 18, 2010, 08:06 AM   #1419
schmeky

I have really gotten into doing some mild custom work on CZ's. Here's my most recent CZ-97:

Old November 18, 2010, 08:53 AM   #1420
GunTech

All the pics of the 97 have me thinking I need one. I'm picking up a CZ-75 compact for my daughter today. Will post photos.
"Everything I need to know, I learned by killing smart people and eating their brains."
Old November 26, 2010, 10:34 AM   #1421
Jonah71

OK.....after only 300 hundred more rounds I'm sold. CZ makes a great gun. I'm thinking I need a few more of them.
Old December 3, 2010, 12:13 AM   #1422
CZF

For CZ lovers.

http://cz-gunstuffs.webs.com/
Old December 3, 2010, 08:28 AM   #1423
SleazyRider

Schmeky, how did you cut that locking groove? You're a better man than I!
Old December 3, 2010, 09:59 AM   #1424
schmeky

SleazyRider,

With a woodruff keyway cutter on a mill.
Old December 4, 2010, 12:40 AM   #1425
nearmiss

I recently bought a 75 compact so thought I might as well join the club. It's my first CZ and so far I have been very impressed, the only thing I was less than thrilled with was the trigger, so I sent it off to Bill Springfield for some work. I read good things about him but so far thats all I know of him. Anyone here have any experience with him?