Quantcast
The CZ Club - Page 68 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 16, 2011, 12:37 AM   #1676
RT55

Well Doc, it started with that first mil-surp CZ-82. Liked it so much, I had to find me a 75. The first one that came available was a compact CZ-75B PCR. Liked it so much that I had to find me the same gun in a full-size all-steel version. Found the CZ-75BD at a gun show, and it followed me home. They're all keepers. That BD, while the trigger is still working itself in, is the best shooter of the bunch. I have a buddy who loves his Beretta 92. He shot my BD, and now he feels less of the love for the Beretta, and lusts after a CZ-75. Gotta love the CZs!
Old August 16, 2011, 12:30 PM   #1677
dondavis3

@ CZguy

thank you

Old August 18, 2011, 01:44 AM   #1678
MikeNice

I finally found a reason to complain about my P-07. After 13 hours with it on my hip the grip rubbed my side a little red. You definitely need an under shirt for extended wear.

The gun is otherwise great to carry. With a good iwb holster and belt it disappears from sight and mind. I drove five hours with it on and can't complain.

— Aristotle
Old August 18, 2011, 02:11 AM   #1679
armoredman

Mike, that was my complaint about the P-07 - that aggressive checkering, (czechering? ), acted like a cheese grater on my tender flab. An undershirt cured that problem.

http://czfirearms.us/ The original CZ Forum, new address.
Old August 29, 2011, 10:15 AM   #1680
Jonah71

I recently purchased a CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom without holding or seeing one (other than the picture in American Rifleman) I am basically satisfied with the gun. Very accurate and easy to keep on target. It's quickly turning into my favorite range gun and I keep close at night. But I think the trigger in SA or DA could be better so I decided to check on possible improvements and called a highly recommended local gunsmith and asked him if he could help. His response was not what I expected. "Boy, it is what it is. Just leave it alone or trade it for something else." Then he hung up. Is this a correct assessment? Somehow I get the feeling he just doesn't want to fool with it, or simply believes it's not worth it. If this is the case, then I'm not that pleased with him. Whether or not it's "worth it" is, imo, my call. The trigger was no big surprise to me because I do own another CZ, but I honestly did think it wouldn't be that much trouble to improve it a bit.

Last edited by Jonah71; August 29, 2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: correction
Old August 29, 2011, 10:19 AM   #1681
burningsquirrels

1. Never call that gunsmith again.

2. Yes, it's easy to improve the trigger of a CZ. Check over on the cz forums (czfirearms.us) and also look around on czcustom.com and cajun gun works. They all sell the parts you need to make your CZ far and away one of the best triggers around.
Old August 29, 2011, 10:58 AM   #1682
dondavis3

How's that for customer service?

I'd never use him after that.

I haven't had my CZ 85 Combat (see above) worked on.

But it can be done and I understand the results are great.

Old August 29, 2011, 11:14 AM   #1683
Jonah71

Thanks. I may even have the old one done if I like the results on the Phantom. I'll check out the web sights. I wouldn't mind something different than the 3 dot sights on the Phantom as well.
Old August 29, 2011, 11:43 AM   #1684
Walt Sherrill

Any gunsmith who says, with regard to the CZ, that "it is what it is," is lazy, hasn't worked on one before, or simply isn't competent. He obviously hasn't worked on any Witnesses, either.

He apparently doesn't know that Witnesses -- which are very similar -- and CZs have been widely used in international IPSC competition for years, with good results. Do you think those folks shoot crappy triggers?

Your trigger will get better with use, but as noted above, there's no reason to wait -- as there are techniques and parts that will give almost immediate results, and none of them are particularly expensive. The CZ Forum (you got the URL, above) also has photo-illustrated instructions to guide you through your own trigger jobs.
Old August 29, 2011, 12:07 PM   #1685
Jonah71

Just checked out czcustom.com and this is going to be much cheaper and easier than I thought. But now I want a CZ Shadow. Also wouldn't mind having a compact model in the satin nickle finish.I need to just walk away from the PC now.......
Old August 31, 2011, 04:57 PM   #1686
FourTeeFive

Quote:
The trigger was no big surprise to me because I do own another CZ, but I honestly did think it wouldn't be that much trouble to improve it a bit.
I have heard from a few CZ owners that the trigger improvements made by a good gunsmith and czcustom parts can be very dramatic. I plan on having it done on all my CZ's, which are all double-action versions.
Old August 31, 2011, 05:03 PM   #1687
eerw

I'm working on a Phantom right now and with a little bit of work it cleans up really really nice.

Right now the DA is about 6# and the SA is just under 3# and it's running on CCI primers with no issues..

Phantom is a neat gun. Might have to get one someday.
Old August 31, 2011, 08:07 PM   #1688
Walkalong

I added a Competition hammer to my CZ 97, and the trigger is superb.

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered another round. Author unknown.
Old September 4, 2011, 04:53 PM   #1689
txgunsuscg

Added to my stable yesterday. Picked up a 75 Compact in satin nickle at the gun show. Current CZ count, 5......

http://hrtactical.blogspot.com
Old September 4, 2011, 05:32 PM   #1690
larryh1108

Would you mind sharing the price? That is my next purchase, the satin nickle in full size or compact. They are beautiful. I'm just wondering the going rate. I'm guessing $500ish. Thanks.
Old September 4, 2011, 08:12 PM   #1691
txgunsuscg

got mine for $527 out the door, the cheapest I have seen new is $499, plus whatever transfer fee your dealer charges....

On a separate note, anyone use VZ Grips Tactical Diamonds on their guns? I think a pair of the Black Cherry G10 would look great against the nickel....

http://hrtactical.blogspot.com

Last edited by txgunsuscg; September 4, 2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old September 4, 2011, 09:11 PM   #1692
armoredman

My Phantom rocks.

Old September 5, 2011, 01:32 AM   #1693
MikeNice

All of this talk about custom trigger work has me wondering something. Can the Omega trigger be sweetened up? That nearly 12lb DA pull is a bit of a beast. I have the arm strength to do it. I just have a bad habit of jerking through it.

I would love for the DA pull to be about 9lbs and the SA to be about 5.5lbs.

— Aristotle
Old September 5, 2011, 09:41 AM   #1694
Walt Sherrill

Haven't heard of Omega triggers being THAT heavy. Sounds like you just need a lighter hammer (main) spring. (Which is something you can do yourself, although getting the old spring out and the new spring in can be challenging -- until you've seen it done. (Check the CZ-USA-sponsored [links on that web site] for plenty of how-to information.)

I'd prefer 5-6 lb for DA, and 3-4 for SA.

But, yes, the Omega triggers can be worked.
Old September 5, 2011, 07:21 PM   #1695
dondavis3

I love my 2 CZ's

My CZ 75B Compact Stainless

My CZ 85 Combat Stainless.

Both are great shooters.

Old September 5, 2011, 08:11 PM   #1696
armoredman

Love that pic.

Old September 5, 2011, 08:12 PM   #1697
Walt Sherrill

That is the FIRST stainless Compact and stainless 85 Combat I've seen. Didn't know they were available in Stainless. (I've had both in satin nickel, and still have the 85 Combat.)

The CZ-USA website shows ONLY satin nickel as being available for those models. How'd you find those?!

Are the mag releases reversible (same shape on both sides) as with the other, newer guns?

Does the Compact have ambidextrous safeties -- as with the other stainless guns?

Or are they really nickel plated?

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; September 5, 2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: typos
Old September 5, 2011, 10:02 PM   #1698
dondavis3

@ armouredman

Thanks

@ Walt

I'm sorry ... You're right ...

They are both Satin Nickel .. I had a old man moment.
Old September 6, 2011, 01:34 AM   #1699
Twmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
My Phantom rocks.

AM is that you with your P-01?

America: Stand and FIGHT!
Support the entire Constitution. Not just the parts you like.
Old September 6, 2011, 03:57 AM   #1700
MikeNice

Walt where can I pick up one of those springs and what weight would I need? I am having trouble finding anything for the P-07 Duty.

Also, what are the other possible downsides to changing the spring?

— Aristotle