Quantcast
The CZ Club - Page 70 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 1, 2011, 10:00 AM   #1726
dondavis3

@ Samuel Adams

I'm just curious .. why did you change to SAO?

Last edited by dondavis3; October 1, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old October 1, 2011, 12:45 PM   #1727
Bobson

Also, interesting trigger Sam.

"As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15
Old October 1, 2011, 09:20 PM   #1728
larryh1108

Didn't he say SAO?
That trigger is sold at CZCustom.com. It helps people with a shorter reach and is for SAO.
http://czcustom.com/testproduct-132.aspx
Old October 2, 2011, 02:00 AM   #1729
Samuel Adams

It is a personal preference. I shoot the SAO much better than with the SA/DA trigger in IDPA. Larryh1108 is correct with the trigger. I had Pedro Ortiz from Ortiz Custom Guns in Savannah, GA install the trigger. No other work was done. With the original trigger job done by CZ Custom, the trigger pull with the SA trigger is only 2 pounds.

Member GeorgiaCarry.org
Old October 24, 2011, 12:04 PM   #1730
Y-T71

This is my latest purchase

Everybody that says CZ's are addicting sure ain't lying!!

Finally got around to getting a pic of the whole family!

Old October 24, 2011, 01:37 PM   #1731
gator-1

cz pcr

I've had my pcr for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems. Trigger has improved alot and it shoots alot better than I can. I would like to shorten the trigger pull and or maybe put those slim alum grips on but that will be a later project. My wife has other things she feels I should complete first. Hmmm
Old October 24, 2011, 02:11 PM   #1732
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
I would like to shorten the trigger pull and or maybe put those slim alum grips on but that will be a later project.
Don't think there's much way to actually shorten the trigger. CZ moved to a more-curved trigger with their newer models and that gave a practical shortening of the pull length. Slimmer grips will make the pull be more manageable.

For non-decocker models, you can convert to single-action only, and that allows the use of a different trigger that would let you shorten the pull further and also limit take up.
Old October 24, 2011, 02:46 PM   #1733
Bozwell

You might check out http://cajungunworks.com/miscellaneous_items.html which will affect the DA trigger pull.

If you want to shorten the SA pull, I would recommend the SA trigger. This trigger is adjustable both for pre-travel and post-travel. I recently installed this trigger on a CZ 75B limited edition and absolutely love it. I've got it adjusted so that there's a small amount of take-up on the trigger and no post travel whatsoever. I also did some polishing, removed the FPB, installed a different hammer, etc., but it's now got a short pull followed by a crisp (but light at ~2.25lb) break.

I'm now contemplating installing this trigger on my Shadow. I'd highly recommend it on any CZ with a manual safety.
Old October 24, 2011, 05:29 PM   #1734
Walt Sherrill

Bozwell:

1) the pcr is a decocker gun, and I'm not sure that a SA trigger is appropriate or possible for that gun. (It looks like the Cajungunworks mods might be helpful, though.)

2) You're the first person I've encountered who has installed the two-way adjustable trigger in a 75B and (you didn't say otherwise) kept it a DA/SA gun. That trigger is not supposed to function properly in DA mode. Did you do that while keeping keeping your 75B DA/SA?
Old October 24, 2011, 06:11 PM   #1735
Bozwell

Hm? I think there's a misunderstanding here. I didn't say I installed it in a PCR or a decocker-based gun. I installed it on the LE shown here: http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-ss/

The gun is no longer DA/SA as the disconnector is removed as part of the installation of this trigger. It takes a bit of work to get the pins out of the hammer (it helps to grind a small recess in them to keep your punch situated) but otherwise it's a simple installation. In my case, I was changing the hammer out anyways so it just meant one less pin to put back in. Of course this trigger is not an option for the decocker models, but as I said, I'd highly recommend it for any CZ with a manual safety.
Old October 24, 2011, 07:35 PM   #1736
MikeNice

A salesman at a LGS told me that all new CZ-75 Compacts are coming with the Omega trigger system and are basically P-01s with a safety. Is there any truth to that?

— Aristotle
Old October 24, 2011, 07:49 PM   #1737
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
Hm? I think there's a misunderstanding here. I didn't say I installed it in a PCR or a decocker-based gun. I installed it on the LE shown here: http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-ss/
I understand. I wasn't sure YOU did.

The person to whom you replied said he had a PCR, which IS a decocker gun. And you wrote about changing out the trigger to solve the problem he had mentioned, seemingly in response to his message. In that context, it seemed confusing advice, at best.

My point was that the SA trigger doesn't work in a DA/SA gun. As you noted, in your second response, your 75B is no longer DA/SA. The guy with the PCR really doesn't have the option of using that trigger in his gun, converting it to SA would be quite expensive -- with a lot of parts swapped out (a safety would be needed). I suspect that only a very competent gunsmith could do that sort of work, if it was possible.

(I have a 75B SA with the two-way adjustable trigger. It is quite good. I also have a DA/SA AT-84s, done by a very good gunsmith, that is arguably better than the 75B SA -- while retaining the DA/SA capability.)

Your suggestion about the Cajungunworks mod for the PCR, however, is a good one.

MIKENICE: some of the newer CZs seem to be coming with the Omega action installed. And the newer P-07 lets gives you the option (and parts) to swap the decocker for a safety, or vice versa. I've yet to experience the Omega trigger. Cajungunworks apparently offers an adjustable sear that will match the Omega, and may actually do it better. I've heard good things about THAT part.

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; October 24, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old October 24, 2011, 08:18 PM   #1738
Bozwell

To be accurate, the trigger works with DA/SA guns so long as they don't have a decocker - they just aren't DA/SA after you install it. :P

Also the comment about the SAO trigger was directed to the poster above me and basically just echoing his sentiments on that trigger. I suppose I could have been more explicit but I think it's clear from my first post that I'm only referring to guns with manual safeties. Hence the comment about it being a great option for guns with manual safeties... I don't really care to debate semantics with you but I think you're really just reading too much into my post.
Old October 24, 2011, 08:30 PM   #1739
eerw

MikeNice

that would be interesting.
from what has been shown from CZUB is a P02, a P01 with the Omega trigger.
and a P09, a long slide version of the P07. and the limited run 75B Omega

so as far as the Omega trigger system, there are those five guns. Not much else has been said.

the trigger on them are pretty decent. the DA is longer than on a 75B, but the single action is similar to that of the SP01 Shadow. There is a pretty good thread on CZfirearms showing the trigger system in a P07.
Old October 24, 2011, 11:48 PM   #1740
JohnnyCremains

"Make me a hinge..."

Here's my CZ27. Bought it for about $300

Here's some clearer daylight photos:

Last edited by JohnnyCremains; October 25, 2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old October 24, 2011, 11:56 PM   #1741
towboat_er

That 27 is awesome!!!!!
Old October 25, 2011, 12:37 AM   #1742
DB62

Looks Sweet JohnnyCremains!
Ruger SR40
Old October 25, 2011, 01:16 AM   #1743
1SOW

Walt Sherrill:
Quote:
Don't think there's much way to actually shorten the trigger (reach distance). CZ moved to a more-curved trigger with their newer models and that gave a practical shortening of the pull length. Slimmer grips will make the pull be more manageable.
Walt this pic doesn't do justice to the reach change in my DA/SA 75B from Cajun Gun Works --Schmeky on this forum. The trigger is almost 1/4" farther back and works flawlessly. The DA is approx. 6#, the SA pull- I'm not sure, but 2# would be conservative.

The top pistol is a DA/SA Shadow. The bottom pistol is my DA/SA 75B.
Before the mod, the triggers' positions matched.
My "ZERO Thickness" homemade grips help too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S4300010.jpg (106.1 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by 1SOW; October 25, 2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old October 25, 2011, 01:17 AM   #1744
PabloJ

That is neat piece JohnnyC. Do you thinks it has spent time in holster of Einsatzgruppe member.......What was it that von Richenau said? One shot is plenty?
Old October 25, 2011, 04:11 AM   #1745
MikeNice

Quote:
from what has been shown from CZUB is a P02, a P01 with the Omega trigger.
That is what I thought. I didn't think the 75 Compact had gotten the Omega treatment.

Quote:
the DA is longer than on a 75B, but the single action is similar to that of the SP01 Shadow. There is a pretty good thread on CZfirearms showing the trigger system in a P07.
I have a P-07. That is why I was so interested in a P-01 or 75 Compact with the Omega trigger. For me the DA pull is nearly too heavy and long. That single action is butter though. After 300 rounds it just became a dream.

With the manual safety in place the DA is actually much improved. It is long but, it doesn't feel nearly as heavy. The safety is just to small for me to feel comfortable with it. I am just too nervous that I would miss it in a high stress situation.

— Aristotle
Old October 25, 2011, 10:09 AM   #1746
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SOW
Walt this pic doesn't do justice to the reach change in my DA/SA 75B from Cajun Gun Works --Schmeky on this forum. The trigger is almost 1/4" farther back and works flawlessly. The DA is approx. 6#, the SA pull- I'm not sure, but 2# would be conservative.
Schmeky is apparently doing some very innovative work and developing some interesting after-market parts for CZs. (I acknowledged his trigger mods in a later message, above -- I had not learned about that option when I first responded.)

I've read some great things about his adjustable sear, so have no doubt that his other innovations are equally impressive.
Old October 25, 2011, 01:02 PM   #1747
schmeky

Walt,

I have sold and installed (in customers pistols) several dozen Reach Reducton Kits. I have encountered no problems or complaints to date (yet!). It really makes a significant difference in the CZ-97B.
Old October 25, 2011, 04:12 PM   #1748
group17

CZ 75 P-01
Old November 10, 2011, 10:32 PM   #1749
Byrd666

Here's my question, and I'm hoping ya'll can help. I have a CZ 83 with wood grips that I'd really like to put a rubber or tactical grips on. Is there anyone around that makes those at an affordable price?

Thanx in advance
No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government - Thomas Jefferson
Old November 10, 2011, 10:51 PM   #1750
sirgilligan

Cz 85b

Got a CZ 85B 4 days ago and went to the range yesterday.

I shot 15 rounds, free standing, two handed stance, about 3 seconds per shot. No misses. UMC 115 gr FMJ. 25 Yards.

If there isn't a photo then it never happened. Gun Log SPC iOS Range Book
If you find your back is up against a wall, maybe you have been backing up for too long.