Quantcast
Ruger New Model Blackhawk 6.5" .41 Mag - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 8, 2014, 05:07 PM   #1
au_prospector

Ruger New Model Blackhawk 6.5" .41 Mag

Ran across this revolver at my LGS.

It is a police confiscation from Puerto Rico looks to be about 90% blueing.
A small finish scratch on the cylinder, only a slight turn line.
Small bit of blue wear at the muzzle. Wood was in 100% shape.

All the clicks sounded right, high pitch sharp unlike the low throaty sound my old three screw Blackhawk convertible makes.

Tag price was $375 no box or papers. Quickly dropped to $340 when I asked about the interest which he said not much. I do not own or shoot .41 currently. I might get away with $325 cash but I doubt $300.

Convince me I need to buy this, because then I will need to buy brass, bullets, and dies.

It was laying in a batch of various S&W snubbies, a couple model 36's a couple of rough looking Colt Cobras and a couple of Ruger revolvers, and a Ruger Mark II. Everything in the $200-$300 range. I quickly decided I didnt need any of that, but am thinking of the BH.
Old September 8, 2014, 09:13 PM   #2
MikeJackmin

I'm pretty sure .41 mag blackhawks are scarce. At that price you won't have any trouble getting your money back if you choose to sell it.

EDIT: You know, I think I might be wrong about that. There's a few on gunbroker right now and the prices do not seem terribly high:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Revolvers/B...41&mfg=1000240

I ain't givin' to any charity that calls it a "tragedy".
I'm only givin' to charities that call it an "attack".
Old September 8, 2014, 09:40 PM   #3
horsemen61

I'd get it if I were you
Old September 8, 2014, 10:49 PM   #4
JoelSteinbach
Contributing Member

I love mine, Its great shooter, & I test new loads with it for my S&W mountain gun.
Charter Member JPFO
Old September 8, 2014, 11:09 PM   #5
Knight1212

Buy it. Love my 41 Blackhawk.
Old September 8, 2014, 11:14 PM   #6
swopjan

Considering the lowest similar Blackhawk on the list is currently $380 and climbing, and that buying off gunbroker would probably add at least $50 for shipping and transfer, I wouldn't have been able to get my wallet out fast enough for a $340 blackhawk.

I love my New Model Blackhawk in .357 and altogether it cost almost a hundred dollars more than that. Do it
Old September 9, 2014, 04:52 AM   #7
41 Mag

Well I could go on and on about this that and the other, but it has already been done,
.41 Mag Association

I have shot every major manufactured jacketed, and a dozen or so different cast through mine. I cold tell you real quick to simply look for the Remington bulk 200gr SJHP or 210gr SP, Starline cases, WIN/WLP primers, and load over 20.5grs of some 296/110, and you would be set. But that would take all of the fun out of it for you.

Either way you can't go wrong with the Starline cases. One box of 500 will last you forever with care.

Hope that helps.

41 Mag's - Photobucket Page
Old September 9, 2014, 06:46 AM   #8
bannockburn

I would get it. Still have ammo and components from when I use to have a S&W Model 57 and a Model 58. Great guns chambered in a bit of an off-the-beaten-path cartridge.
Old September 9, 2014, 06:58 AM   #9
Fiv3r

I'd snap that up quickly. I have a .357 Blackhawk in that size, and it's my tack driving revolver. Happiness is a big ol hand cannon. Even if the .41 isn't mainstream, I'd find a use for it
Old September 9, 2014, 07:00 AM   #10
JRWhit

i think i would get it even if I knew it would be a while before I got around to really paying it muck attention. sometimes your given an oppurtunity with a choice. You can buy it up now and talk later about how you gave a song and a dance for it, or you can kick yourself later down the road when $325 won't get it out of the case for a short viewing.
Old September 9, 2014, 07:31 AM   #11
LUCKYDAWG13

i fell into a deal on a RNMBH too i was at my LGS and there it was with a $319.
price tag on it. if you reload buy it if you don't reload buy and learn to reload
Old September 9, 2014, 12:33 PM   #12
Arkansas Paul

Quote:
I'm pretty sure .41 mag blackhawks are scarce. At that price you won't have any trouble getting your money back if you choose to sell it.

EDIT: You know, I think I might be wrong about that. There's a few on gunbroker right now and the prices do not seem terribly high:
Yeah, they're not that scarce as they are still in production in both 6.5" and 4.62" models.
If one in great condition can be had for that price though it is still well worth it. They're $489 new here at my local store. So $325 would be a great deal.