Quantcast
Rogers and Spencer strip down. - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 18, 2014, 05:10 AM   #1
anthony power

Rogers and Spencer strip down.

Hi Guys, I've got a Rogers and Spencer I had converted to run on Bullseye, it came back from the gunsmith with a terrible trigger ( why was that) I stripped it , there were bits going every where.
There's a lot of wear in the trigger assembly but it was OK before, now it won't cock, I think I've got all the bits in place but somethings wrong or I 've lost something small.
If any one has a picture or a strip down and rebuild description I'd really appreciate it.
Grand Pa Clip Clop from the benighted UK
Old April 18, 2014, 01:41 PM   #2
tipoc

What is a Rogers and Spencer?

I take it you are from the UK.

Do you have a pic of the gun?

tipoc
Old April 18, 2014, 02:08 PM   #3
Kernel

Location: 77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality (Madison), Wisconsin
The Rogers and Spencer was a Civil War era blackpowder revolver that was made in small numbers. Replicas are being made in Italy. Anthony, you should repost your question on this site's Blackpowder forum. You'd get a better response.
"We saw this ship come up, it was circling around us, and a guy was standing up on the bridge with a megaphone. And he called out 'Who are you?' and we all yelled out 'Samuel B. Roberts!' He's still circling, so now we're cursing at him. He came back and yelled 'Who won the World Series?' and we all yelled 'SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS!!' And then we could hear the engines stop, and cargo nets were thrown over the side. That's how we were rescued."

Jack Yusen, Seaman 1st Class and survivor of Task Unit Taffy 3 after two days in the water near Samar Inland, Philippines, October 27, 1944.
Old April 18, 2014, 02:32 PM   #4
anthony power

Rogers and Spenser revolver.

Hello Tipoc, Kernal has posted a picture of my pistol, you made 5000 of them in the States after the Civil War, as he says they are being made as replica revolvers in Italy.
I'm a pistol shooter in England, we are restricted to muzzle loading pistols and single shot .22 free pistols though we can have any number of rifles.
Old April 18, 2014, 03:56 PM   #5
tipoc

The Blackpowder section of the forum will likely help you more as Kernal said...

http://www.thehighroad.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12

tipoc
Old April 18, 2014, 09:47 PM   #6
Jim K

Here is a diagram. That gun is not much different from the Remington and the lockwork is much the same as the Colt. The main improvement is that the cylinder pin is attached to the rammer, an idea Ruger used later in the Old Army.

http://winchestersutler.com/Part.html#RaS

Jim