Quantcast
The THR Walker Club - Page 12 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Blackpowder Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 15, 2008, 12:33 AM   #276
JCT

a Henry 1860 in .45lc has been on my list a long time. I ended up buying a Beretta Goldrush last Nov, nice rifle, worked flawlessly until it started firing a round when pumped ( hammer wasn't going back far enough ). Sent to Beretta in Dec and again as soon as they sent it back "fixed" .They've since told me a new one was on it's way, but now it's March!!!
I'm about to call and request a refund, then I'll get an Uberti Henry!!
Old March 15, 2008, 12:35 AM   #277
scrat

Good Choice
Old March 15, 2008, 12:51 AM   #278
JCT

Just hope they agree to refund. The gold rush rifle is indefinitely backordered!!! I already called and asked for an exchange with the Uberti Henry, but although Beretta now owns Uberti, they aren't in charge of the distribution, Benelli is!! I bought that Gold rush in Nov and got about 300 rounds through it and haven't seen it since.
Old March 15, 2008, 07:58 AM   #279
sundance44s

Welcome Oddman ...we`ll have to start a tread on the Uberti Henry some day ..I bought one last year ..all I can say inbetween drools is MAN i LOVES THAT RIFLE !
Old March 15, 2008, 09:05 AM   #280
Afy

I have one too. No pics to post currently since the pistols are in France and I am in the UK..
Old March 15, 2008, 09:46 AM   #281
GENTLEMAN OF THE CHARCOAL
Member.

AFY..WELCOME ABOARD!!
Haven't seen you on here in a long time....
Old March 15, 2008, 03:57 PM   #282
old hunter

Smile

I just picked up my new uberti walker and it is every thing I expected and more, it's a fine quality revolver. Now you can officially add me to the walker club list, I'll be sending pics as soon as i figure out how.
Old March 15, 2008, 07:08 PM   #283
old hunter

first time posting a pic--- my new walker

Old March 15, 2008, 07:51 PM   #284
SAKOHUNTER

Looks good...nice close-up!
Old March 15, 2008, 11:16 PM   #285
DixieTexian

I just got the chance to fire my Walker yesterday for the first time. I can definately tell a difference in it and the 1858 I have. I only fired one cylinder full out of it, but the loading lever never dropped or creeped down any on me.
Old March 15, 2008, 11:41 PM   #286
JCT

The loading lever on mine hasn't been dropping either, a few times it did, but usually not. Now it shouldn't drop at all because I changed the catch angle with a dremel stone.
The lever on my 3rd dragoon used to drop too, I had do deepen the catch notch.
Anyone ever shoot a Walker and forget your ear protection??!!! I made that mistake once, never again though. There's something different about a Walker, the air is displaced and it's a shockwave. It'll make you deaf for a few hours!!
Old March 16, 2008, 12:19 AM   #287
DixieTexian

Quote:
Anyone ever shoot a Walker and forget your ear protection??!!! I made that mistake once, never again though. There's something different about a Walker, the air is displaced and it's a shockwave. It'll make you deaf for a few hours!!
I didn't any ear protection. I usually forget it when I am shooting my remmie also. Can definately tell a differance. I really need to start remembering more so my ears work better when I am old.
Old March 16, 2008, 03:25 AM   #288
razorback1010

Yes, it's the kind of mistake you're only doing once, forgetting your earplugs while shooting a Walker. But consider yourself lucky, as the shooter, you're in the cone of silence, it's your neighbors that are getting the full shockwave !
Old March 16, 2008, 06:42 AM   #289
Shawnee

Congrats on the new Walker, Old Hunter !!

And that's a very nice photo !! Really shows the "personality" of the Walker. Funny how an object like a car or a knife or a gun can exude a "personality". Everytime I see a picture of a Walker I hear a little voice telling me; "Shawnee... get back up on the porch and stay there!"
Old March 16, 2008, 12:42 PM   #290
scrat

For sure the old board on the stones makes the WALKER look really good. Not that it needs it
Old March 16, 2008, 05:06 PM   #291
old hunter

backstrap in the white ---polished with flitz

I accidentally dropped the cylinder on my backstrap and made a big scratch on it. (scratch too big to touch up) I used vinegar to deblue it, only took about fifteen minutes. After polishing it with flitz it shined up so nice I decided to leave it like this for awhile. Looks a lot like polished stainless.
I know i'll have to watch real close for rust, on the flitz package it says it has corrosion protection.
I will eventually reblue it. My walker wasn't even a day old.

Old March 16, 2008, 08:01 PM   #292
StrawHat

How about silver plate?
Old March 16, 2008, 08:06 PM   #293
old hunter

Did colt silver plate backstraps?
I think i saw a signature model trigger guard plated once.
Old March 16, 2008, 10:44 PM   #294
mykeal

3rd Generation (Signature Series) had a silver plated backstrap with Sam Colt's signature on it.
Old March 16, 2008, 10:48 PM   #295
JCT

I like the backstrap in white! Maybe you can just have it nickel plated somewhere.
I now own just one Walker, my other one ended up selling on GB, so that money gets put back into my 1911 fund. I've never owned an Auto and will either get a Springfield or a S&W.
Old March 17, 2008, 09:09 AM   #296
StrawHat

Quote:
old hunter Did colt silver plate backstraps?
Not as a standard feature but Colts was willing to do whatever the customer wanted.

Engraving etc. I don't recall hearing anything like that with the Walker but Dragoons were certainly fancied up.
Old March 17, 2008, 10:55 AM   #297
Old Fuff

Colt silver plated brass backstraps and trigger guards on commercial revolvers. They also varnished the stocks to a high luster. Military contract guns had oil-finished stocks, and no silver plating.

And interestingly, Walker cylinders were not blued, but furnished "in the white," yet most if not all reproductions have blued cylinders.

Last edited by Old Fuff; March 17, 2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Added remark about cylinder.
Old March 17, 2008, 11:05 AM   #298
Harve Curry

Sorry I don't have a Colt Walker.
But I have shot them and handled an original. Even cocked it and turned the cylinder through more then once.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Old March 17, 2008, 11:07 AM   #299
sundance44s

I got to shoot my Walker Sunday ..what a hoot ..like a 6 cannon salute //
Old March 17, 2008, 12:08 PM   #300
GENTLEMAN OF THE CHARCOAL
Member.

Sundance44s...aahhh, sounds a little corny, but we'll let it slide this time!
Have fun....