Quantcast
The THR Walker Club - Page 121 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Blackpowder Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 23, 2011, 12:18 PM   #3001
NineMilePete

Major Temptation

I was down to my local Sportsman's Warehouse yesteday. They had a new Uberti Walker on sale for $360. This seems like a very good price, although I can't justify the logic of the purchase to my significant other.
Old July 23, 2011, 01:30 PM   #3002
construction11

Guns are usually a good investment....the price for the walker is not bad....if I had the money I would buy every walker revolver I can get my hands on and then justify it later lol.
....just kidding
Old July 23, 2011, 04:36 PM   #3003
arcticap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineMilePete
This seems like a very good price, although I can't justify the logic of the purchase to my significant other.
But it's a one time opportunity and this Walker is unique and unlike any other just like you are Babe and I really want it!
Old July 26, 2011, 07:10 PM   #3004
construction11

need uberti Walker parts

Need barrel wedges for my walker....email me at jahalpen@yahoo.com

Thanks

P.s. could use a spare cylinder too
Old July 29, 2011, 01:54 PM   #3005
Fingers McGee

Have received the lot of pistols that were pictureed in post # 2987 (page 120). I've done an initial evaluation of each and have torn down and repaired some of the ones that initial inspection indicated had problems. Here is what I've found so far.

A - Armi San Marco model 1847 Walker. Blue/CCH. .44 Caliber. Serial Number D83146. Manufacture date and code: 1994 (BD). Condition: Approx 95%. Washed out CCH on frame, freckles in finish on cylinder and barrel. Has been fired. Action feels like it has had an action job. Trigger has been replaced with one smaller than normal Walker trigger, possibly from an 1851 Navy?? Regardless, it does not adversely impact on the action.

B - Uberti 1st Model Dragoon. Blue/CCH. .44 Caliber. Serial Number: 05903. Manufacture date and code: 1995 (BF). Condition: Unfired, 99%. Very smooth action with good lockup.

C - Pietta 1851 Army. Nickel plated brass frame. .44 Caliber. Serial Number: 358172. Manufacture date and code: 1995 (BF). Condition: Has been fired; but is very clean. 99% with non matching box. Trigger/Bolt spring has been replaced with wire spring.

D - Armi San Marco model 1847 Walker. Blue/CCH. .44 Caliber. Serial Number: 3290. Manufacture date and code: 1970 (XXVI). Condition: Well used, 80%, dings around wedge, other wear on barrel and cylinder. Needed a good cleaning. Good lockup if you cock it slow. Will over rotate if you cock it fast. Bolt probably still dragging on frame. Trigger/bolt spring wasn’t correct when received. Have put correct spring in . Has a box that it may or may not have originally come in.

E - Armi San Marco model 1847 Walker. Blue/CCH. .44 Caliber. Serial Number: 3149. Manufacture date and code: 1970 (XXVI). Condition: 95%, lightly used. Action a little stiff; but good lockup. Comes with presentation case, flask, Army round ball/conical bullet mold and Navy Arms cap tin. Case in decent shape.

F - Lyman model 1851 Navy. Blue/CCH w/silver BS/TG. Caliber .36. Serial Number: 21172. Manufacture date and code: 1973 (XX9). Condition: 99% looks unfired. Still has dried grease in the chambers & around the nipples. Had very spongy action and wouldn’t lockup sometimes. Disassembly found wire trigger/bolt spring, broken hand spring and bent hammer spring - new hand and spring and hammer spring installed. Action is good and locks up tight now.

G - Pietta model 1860 Army. Blue/CCH with faux ivory grips. .44 Caliber. Serial Number: P71165. Manufacture date and code: 2001 (BP). Condition: NIB with box and papers.

H - Armi San Marco model 1847 Walker. Nickel finish. .44 Caliber. Serial Number: 20087. Manufacture date and code: 1979 (AE). Condition: Used, 80%, stiff action, good lockup, worn spots in nickel on barrel, frame and cylinder, came with fair condition case that has loose dividers, and with tarnished flask and correct bullet mold.

I only bid on the lot because of the nickel Walker (which turned out to be made by ASM not Uberti as listed on the auction site - but I kinda figured that anyhow), the Lyman Navy, and the Pietta Nickel Navy. So........ the rest of them will be offered for sale once I get them all gone through and pictures taken.

Last edited by Fingers McGee; July 29, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old July 29, 2011, 07:42 PM   #3006
construction11

I would like to buy the dragoon to add to my collection...maybe another walker too..
Old July 30, 2011, 02:26 PM   #3007
Fingers McGee

I've posted the for sale ad under Handguns for sale
Old July 30, 2011, 09:08 PM   #3008
Buck Nevada

Conversion Cylinders

Any one have a couple of cylinders for the Walker that they want to part with please? I want to use'm for cowboy action. Thanks Buck
Old July 30, 2011, 09:28 PM   #3009
junkman_01

Reload the ones you have?
Old July 30, 2011, 10:25 PM   #3010
Snaggletooth

Fingers, Ive got an ASM stainless. It has a stainless barrel and cylinder, the rest is case hardened. The numbers on the grip frame match the barrel nu,bers. Ever seen one of those?
Old July 31, 2011, 01:44 AM   #3011
Fingers McGee

Snaggletooth - yes I have seen one like you describe. ASM made a wide variety of revolvers that had stainless parts. I've got an 1860 Army that has a stainless barrel and cylinder. The frame was originally CCH; but someone stripped the finish from it and the backstrap before I got it.

They also made numerous "commemorative" or limited edition revolvers in a variety of finishes. The nickel Walker I just got has 'Texas Ranger' on the bacstrap and 'Commemorative' on the barrel.
Old July 31, 2011, 02:49 PM   #3012
Snaggletooth

They just sold a real good looking commemorative like you described all in CH on Gunbroker the other day. About 4 hours before it ended iot was at about $350. I had put my gun money in the Kodiak Express and decided I couldnt afford it
Old August 2, 2011, 10:47 AM   #3013
jspence

I have a couple of Colt Walkers - none of these has been fired or the cyls turned.
My question is - how do you turn the cyl without making a mark? I want to turn the cyl so that the serial number is more visible.
Any ideas?
Tks.
Old August 2, 2011, 12:25 PM   #3014
Snaggletooth

John, Remove the triggerguard. You then look into "the works'` One of the first things you see is a flat spring that looks like it is almost cut in half. The cylinder stop sometimes called the bolt should drop down a little. If it does not drop down , loosen it a little more. When its reassembled, place it on half cock. You should be able to place a stiff dollar bill between the bolt and the cylinder. It is the bolt that causes the ring
Old August 2, 2011, 12:28 PM   #3015
Snaggletooth

My computer dropped a sentence. Loosen the spring, and the bolt should drop down a littl.
Old August 2, 2011, 03:27 PM   #3016
mykeal

It's true that the bolt is what marks up the cylinder surface, but there's no need to disassemble the gun to prevent it from happening.

Simply place the hammer at half cock and turn the cylinder to the position that you want - make sure that one of the chambers is lined up with the barrel bore, however. Then pull the hammer back into full cock. Next, with your thumb or other hand holding the hammer, pull the trigger to release the hammer and gently lower it into the full down position.
Old August 7, 2011, 12:49 AM   #3017
FreddyKruger

You can now add me to the club!

picked it up on Thurs and had a blast yesterday.

Shot international rules and got an 85/100. which i reckon is pretty nice for a first go and fixed sights. 10, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8.
Old August 7, 2011, 09:02 AM   #3018
junkman_01

No picture no membership. Those are the rules of these THR clubs.
Old August 8, 2011, 01:37 AM   #3019
construction11

Im still waiting to be accepted into the Walker club...I posted a picture of my walker on thread 120

Lol
Old August 8, 2011, 05:06 PM   #3020
DoubleDeuce 1

Construction11, I saw your photo of your revolver back on page #120. Not that it carries any weight, but as far as I'm concerned, you're "in".
Old August 9, 2011, 11:00 AM   #3021
FreddyKruger

Quote:
No picture no membership. Those are the rules of these THR clubs.
well then...

hopefully that pic works
Old August 9, 2011, 01:39 PM   #3022
mykeal

That works. You'll be on board as soon as scrat gets back from the range....
Old August 12, 2011, 12:17 PM   #3023
brushhippie

Just got this one, got a big ole smile on my face! cant wait to shoot it.
Old August 17, 2011, 11:34 PM   #3024
FreddyKruger

Any recommended molds for conical projectiles?

Lee has two, a .450 and .456 in 200gr and 220gr respectively, that too much compared to the 140gr round ball?
Old August 18, 2011, 12:25 AM   #3025
Dellbert

I made up some Lee 450-200grers and they work in my Ubertie Walker just fine. Tryed them in all my Pietta .44s and they fit and fire just find. My want to watch the powder loads when using them. For the Walker I stoped after 40 grs of FFF powder. If you had a Draggon .44 I would think the same load would work as with the Walker. As for the Remingtons and Colts in .44 Cal I would keep the powder down around 20 to 25grs. I have tryed the 140gr Lee bullets in my .36 Cal 51 and they don't seem to work out to well in that revolver. maybe if my Colt was a Uberti they would work, but its a no go with the Pietta I'm thinking about selling it cause everything I have is in .44 Cal and I don't really want to be buying rd ball, or making bullets for it. I my post it in the for sell post to see if there are any takers.