Quantcast
The THR Walker Club - Page 23 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Blackpowder Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old May 18, 2008, 11:56 AM   #551
scrat

I bet that was because of us. I havent seen another forum where it is proudly shown like ours. However until you shoot them you really dont know the power of these hand cannons.
Old May 21, 2008, 02:28 PM   #552
stevekl

Okay, i got my walker kit! Now i can't decide if i want to leave it white and let it rust on its ow, or if i want to brown it. i kinda like the look of it in the white.

what did other kit owners do?
Old May 22, 2008, 03:29 PM   #553
stevekl

What exactly does the screw near the wedge do?

the wedge taps in ftom right to left, correct?

how far in should the wedge tap in?
Old May 22, 2008, 03:55 PM   #554
JayC

XTerminator:

Would you mind posting the link at CAS City where you saw how to finish your Walker?

Thanks.
Old May 22, 2008, 07:35 PM   #555
mykeal

Quote:
What exactly does the screw near the wedge do?
The screw serves two functions. The wedge has a leaf spring on the top side; the screw head rests in the channel occupied by the spring and depresses it so that the lip on the end of the spring clears the frame when driving the wedge out of its slot. The other function is for the head of the screw to catch on the lip of the spring when the wedge is fully driven through the gun, so that the wedge does not fall away from the gun. It will remain in the slot hung up on the screw head.

Quote:
the wedge taps in ftom right to left, correct?
Correct;from the right to the left as viewed from the grips.

Quote:
how far in should the wedge tap in?
The wedge should be driven in so that the clearance between the front of the cylinder and the breech end of the barrel is between 0.003 and 0.006 inches.
Old May 22, 2008, 07:42 PM   #556
stevekl

Quote:
The screw serves two functions. The wedge has a leaf spring on the top side; the screw head rests in the channel occupied by the spring and depresses it so that the lip on the end of the spring clears the frame when driving the wedge out of its slot. The other function is for the head of the screw to catch on the lip of the spring when the wedge is fully driven through the gun, so that the wedge does not fall away from the gun. It will remain in the slot hung up on the screw head.
Huh. so you don't have to take the screw out to field strip?
Old May 22, 2008, 10:25 PM   #557
mykeal

Nope. In fact, you SHOULDN'T take the screw out. Ever.
Old May 22, 2008, 10:45 PM   #558
XTerminator

JayC,
Here is the link to the antique finishing thread at Cas City.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/ind...ic,5505.0.html

Steve
Old May 23, 2008, 10:37 PM   #559
stevekl

Are magazine cappers period correct? It would seem to make shooting easier but I don't want to use it if it's a 20th century invention.
Old May 24, 2008, 05:14 PM   #560
GENTLEMAN OF THE CHARCOAL
Member.

Mr. Stevekl.. Sir, on here we spell Walker with a capital 'W'....
Scrat, I'll be back on line regular in about 60 days. I'm still getting my wind generator worked up to speed. Don't worry, son. I'll get their asses straightened out in a few weeks. Just hold on. Help is coming....
Old May 24, 2008, 05:29 PM   #561
scrat

hahahahahah

Its good to hear from you GOC. You need to fill us in on how you have been and things.
Old May 24, 2008, 09:32 PM   #562
Fisherman_48768

I just purchased my first Walker from a fellow member of THR, can't wait for it to arrive.
Old May 25, 2008, 12:36 PM   #563
stevekl

Before browning

After browning. My cell phone camera is terrible, though, and doesn't do it justice.
Old May 25, 2008, 03:04 PM   #564
Shawnee

Hi Steve...

Looks pretty good as best I can tell ! What color are you going to paint its' limber and cassion ?

Old May 26, 2008, 12:37 PM   #565
stevekl

I have to find a crew to fire it before I even think about colors.
Old May 26, 2008, 02:26 PM   #566
scrat

hahahaha thats the way you feel when you fire it.
Old May 26, 2008, 10:31 PM   #567
Capt. Willard

Hey Guys!
I hope this is OK to post here but I thought You guys would be most interested in this item.
I have a very nice Walker holster for sale...
Holster looks like a regulation US Holster with flap embossed US within a circle, Brass boss for flap strap, White waxed stitching, very nicely done, evenly spaced all around, Plug bottom, stitched in, with drain hole, Open ends of leather or edges or whatever the proper term is are finished beautifully and do not look raw and unfinished as cheaper holsters are. Holster is molded for the walker specifically and one can even see the loading lever outline (very nice fit), Maker is Stamped on the belt loop on back of Holster (John Day Cattle Co., Tex. and W for Walker of course. Very,very nice like new holster! I would take $75.00 for it. Buyer pays $12.00 shipping. Selling as I now have a nice set of pommel holsters for my Walker pair. US Postal Money Order or PayPal +3% I will ship Fed Ex or will try to accomodate buyer if buyer has another preference. I am Capt. Willard on Gunbroker, auction Arms and zunker0h6b on ebay if one wishes to check my feedback. Have pics via email if one can help me post them here that would be great! Zunker@swbell.net
First I'll take it here gets it.
Thanks for the help Guys I could use the cash right now.

Last edited by Capt. Willard; May 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: more info
Old May 26, 2008, 10:55 PM   #568
scrat

Uh ok. well if anyone needs a holster they usually go to big bad guns. he custom made a holster for me. Custom made to my walker for around 30.00 delivered. Was made and sent within a week. Many of us have purchased his holsters. They are top grade and highly recomended. maybe you should post this in the classified section.
Here is is site.

http://www.geocities.com/bigbadgun56/
Old May 26, 2008, 11:10 PM   #569
Capt. Willard

Thanks for the info..I had a look at his work on the site/link..I think it is worth what he is asking for the examples I see there and mine is most definately worth what I am asking in comparison if one has a look for themselves. Not looking to step on anyones toes here again pics will tell the story if someone can offer assistance or I will send directly via email to any interested party. Thanks again!
Old May 31, 2008, 03:22 PM   #570
Shawnee

Does anyone make a scope rail to use when mounting a RedDot sight on the Walkers ?

Old May 31, 2008, 07:13 PM   #571
Old Fuff

AH KNEW IT WOULD COME TO THIS!!!!

TACTICALISM * IS OUT OF CONTROL...!!!!!

*Copyrighted to Old Fuff Questionable Enterprises.
Old May 31, 2008, 09:51 PM   #572
DrLaw

Try a Picatinny

Brownells or Midway should have a Picatinny rail for you.

The Doc is out and having a laugh now thinking about Old Fuff getting a headache from considering the possibility of a tactical Walker.
Old May 31, 2008, 10:43 PM   #573
bigbadgun

Shawnee along with the reddot sight you need to also get the blackpowder gernade launcher that fits the Walker.
"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns".
Old June 1, 2008, 01:44 AM   #574
scrat

Ummm the 21st century Military Walker. I dont know i guess you can call me old school. Im goin to keep mine the way it is. Thats it. Looks good in my BIG BAD GUN HOLSTER
Old June 1, 2008, 03:18 PM   #575
bigbadgun

But just think a TactiCOOL Walker
"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns".