Quantcast
The THR Walker Club - Page 38 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Blackpowder Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 10, 2009, 04:34 PM   #926
Old Fuff

You people are insane...

However...

If you started with a 1st Model Dragoon (replica of course) you could order one with the detachable stock. Then you could cut off the round part of the barrel and modify the back so that a Walker cylinder would fit on the frame. Last, bore the barrel and install a rifled tube of what ever length you wanted.

Last edited by Old Fuff; March 10, 2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
Old March 10, 2009, 10:02 PM   #927
scrat

i will take two of them. Let me know when you are finished building them Old Fuff
Old March 10, 2009, 10:03 PM   #928
scrat

Quote:
bipod ????

You mean, like this?
hahhahahahaa i laughed my butt off when i saw that. i will take two of those too
Old March 10, 2009, 10:44 PM   #929
SixShootinSam

2nd gen Heritage, de-blued and neglected for a while.
The ugliest Walker on the block. Not sure if I am allowed to join now
I love it anyway, rust and all.
Old March 10, 2009, 10:52 PM   #930
scrat

polish up that barrel and it will look very good
Old March 10, 2009, 10:54 PM   #931
scrat

1 Scrat (Scott)
2 Gentleman of the Charcoal
3 Dixie Texian
4 Yankee John
5 Mykeal
6 Speckdds@bellsouth.net
7 Mukluk
8 BigBadGun
9 Mec
10Fineredmist
11HILDO
12Shanghai McCoy
13Tallship
14 A.WALKER
15 StrawHat
16 Mustanger1
17 Phantom Captain
18 Pulp
19 Snaggletooth
20 RugerBob
21 J.T.Gerrity
22 BDFT
23 Peter M Eick
24 JCT
25 Old Wornout Soldier
26 Brett Dixon
27. Razorback 1010
28. Rebel Dave
29. sundance44s
30. Oddman
31. Xterminator
32. TexasRifleman
33. Gopguy
34. Elbert P Suggins
35. Old Hunter
36. Blacksmoke
37. ApacheJack
38. K.A.T
39. Fedaircop
40. Hooey
41. .50cal
42. Afy
43. Shung
44. Kevc
45. PRM
46. Madcratebuilder
47. Clermont
48. Double Deuce 1
49. Iamsniper1
50. AdmiralB
51. icy
52. SMOKIN GUN
53. QUICKDRAW Mc.Graw
54. SE olka.shooter
55. Jack Steele
56. Steven Youngblood
57. The Wall
58. Shawn Grear
59. Messerist
60. AK 47Ghost
61. Molasses
62. TMC4232
63. .44 Walker
64 my123ju123
65 sltm1
66. SixShootinSam
Old March 10, 2009, 11:12 PM   #932
TMC4232

Steven,

Yes, as a matter of fact I sent that photo to Uberti asking about such modifications to be considered for the future. I doubt that I will hear back from them but at least I went on record of "designing" it and promoting the idea. I was initially just goofing around in photoshop on this photo by extending the barrel and adding the shoulder stock but after I made the final layer edits I realized that it was actually a damn nice looking concept. The Dragoon series did just this but I think a long barreled Walker with the ability of more powerful powder charges, a shoulder stock, and with a military ladder rear sight on the barrel would have been a formidable weapon.

"It's a dry heat" - Are you kidding? It's like living on the surface of the sun!!!
Old March 10, 2009, 11:22 PM   #933
TMC4232

SixShootinSam,

Wow, a deblued 2nd generation Colt Heritage? Are you going to leave it like that or are you going to age the metal up a bit?

"It's a dry heat" - Are you kidding? It's like living on the surface of the sun!!!
Old March 10, 2009, 11:24 PM   #934
scrat

plum brown finish. wow that would look good
Old March 10, 2009, 11:32 PM   #935
SixShootinSam

Not sure what I will be doing with it. Right after taking the picture it made me feel bad, and polished it up a bit just now. still able to see where the stains were, but she looks good.
Here's her now:

Old March 11, 2009, 07:58 AM   #936
Steven Youngblood

TMC4232-I think it is a great idea.
I would want one. it would have been a strong weapon, and I love the photo.

Last edited by Steven Youngblood; March 11, 2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: i can't spell the sight of that thing, made me go crazy!!
Old March 11, 2009, 09:40 AM   #937
madcratebuilder

Sam, that has some nice 'patina' to it.
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”
Old March 16, 2009, 06:14 PM   #938
sltm1

My Walker from GB came today.....what kind if carriage and wheels do you recommend for totin' this little cannon around with?! It's slick, it's an older 3/4 finished Uberti kit gun, so old, it has the Ormsby engraving on the cylinder, US 1847 above the wedge, only 2 Italian proofmarks and no, "For BP Only", or anything else on the bbl!!! It's all in the white (some case hardening left on the loading lever and hammer). I'm gonna have to antique this puppy plumb brown, maybe leave the cylinder in the white. Here's the "before" pic.

http://www.fmtc.com/~tfl1x/Walker1.jpg

Last edited by sltm1; March 16, 2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: insert pic instead of address
Old March 16, 2009, 06:19 PM   #939
sltm1

I Think this will post the pic.
Old March 16, 2009, 07:36 PM   #940
bigbadgun

Very nice gun congrats and welcome to the club.
Check out my website for some ideas.
"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns".
Old March 21, 2009, 01:40 PM   #941
DutchmanDick

Don't have a Walker, but I DO have a 3rd model Dragoon (ASM replica). The Dragoon is about as heavy of a revolver as I can keep steady on target...briefly... I have bad elbows and a bad shoulder from an old accident, I'm afraid. They tend to get uncomfortable holding something that weighs 4+ pounds at arm's length without some kind of support :P.
Old March 21, 2009, 04:50 PM   #942
madcratebuilder

Dick, have you tried one of those 'shooting sticks' They are made for uses with a rifle, but I think one could adapt to use it with a revolver.
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”
Old March 21, 2009, 05:16 PM   #943
scrat

i have a 10 year old that loves to shoot my guns. He usually puts the front of the barrel on a sandbag and shoots. We have this bag we made out of an old pair of jeans after shooting the walker we noticed it was smoldering in some spots like it was going to catch fire. so now we wet the front of the bags.
Old March 23, 2009, 12:43 PM   #944
Steven Youngblood

Yes, as a matter of fact I sent that photo to Uberti asking about such modifications to be considered for the future. I doubt that I will hear back from them but at least I went on record of "designing" it and promoting the idea. I was initially just goofing around in photoshop on this photo by extending the barrel and adding the shoulder stock but after I made the final layer edits I realized that it was actually a damn nice looking concept. The Dragoon series did just this but I think a long barreled Walker with the ability of more powerful powder charges, a shoulder stock, and with a military ladder rear sight on the barrel would have been a formidable weapon.
It would seem that uberti would only have to make a longer barrel and cut the slots for the stock and that would be it.
I would buy one in a heart beat.
It just looks beautiful.
You did an excilent job on the picture
Old March 23, 2009, 01:26 PM   #945
sltm1

Well, It took about 6hrs of work over the weekend, but she's finally purdy enough to show off!
I left the cylinder in white, now I have Sundance's problem, how do you age bright metal? Also, I'm gonna try to get the brass mustard colored somehow and varnish the grips. All that sanding and I don't think she's a bit lighter to carry!!

Old March 23, 2009, 06:30 PM   #946
SixShootinSam

Muriatic Acid that is used to wash down masonry should work for aging metal.
But it's nasty stuff so wear gloves and eye protection. and don't breathe in the fumes.

But I have never done it on a gun, so don't take my word for it!!!

Last edited by SixShootinSam; March 23, 2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old March 23, 2009, 07:47 PM   #947
madcratebuilder

Spray the brass with some oven cleaner, it works great for that aged patenia look, leaves a rainbow effect, like color case hardening. I just did this brasser today, the camera does not pick up the rainbow color.
Old March 23, 2009, 08:13 PM   #948
sltm1

Whoa, oven cleaner looks like just the ticket, thanks.
Old March 23, 2009, 10:46 PM   #949
scrat

ehhhh i like mine chiney hahahahahhaha
Old March 24, 2009, 12:43 AM   #950
TMC4232

Steve,
Thanks for the photo comment. I have not heard back from Uberti yet. Maybe if a bunch of us email/contact them they will respond with an "ok, we will consider it" or "no, too expensive and not enough demand", or at least some response. The more I look at the shoulder stocked long barreled Walker I made, the more I want one too. It would be a powerfully accurate shooter and quite a unique collectible - something that never was but should have been.