Quantcast
The THR Walker Club - Page 91 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Blackpowder Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 30, 2009, 11:00 PM   #2251
scrat

LOL you are so right. Kinda like my Inline i shot it once at 150 grains. thats about all it took to say never again. Shoot that gun about 5 times and my 12 guage feels like a 22lr hahahah
Old November 30, 2009, 11:09 PM   #2252
scrat

The Walker with the R&D cylinder is pretty fun to shoot. For sure. i have had pretty good accuracy with the one i have. Timing was right on the money right out of the box. i took it to my local gunsmith with both cylinders he checked the timing with both of them. He just gave them back to me after checking them and said keep it the way they are. Now for my 1858 i have a Kirsk cylinder. That cylinder needed some fine tuning to get it to work just right.
Old November 30, 2009, 11:19 PM   #2253
buckeyed

had mine checked also and was told it was right on the money was thinking about the krisk but wanted to be able to go ball and cap if I wanted to
Old November 30, 2009, 11:31 PM   #2254
scrat

You can go cap and ball with the kirsk as well you just have to modify they cylinder not the gun. This is what i did with my 1858. However i did the modification on the frame for the loading gate. The WALKER is the only firearm that uses a R&D cylinder correctly. As the shells are loaded in straight and align straight with the barrel on each cylinder. On lets say the 1858 the R&D cylinder (NOT A GOOD CHOICE) Angles the shells to allow 6 shells to fit in. This means that when you fire a around the bullet is forced to go straight through the forcing cone as the shell is at an angle. Kirsk did not opt for this they have the shells going straight into the barrel however this means that a kirsk cylinder in an 1858 is only a 5 shot. So the walker and R&D are a very good match as the shells go straight in line with the barrel. You can still get a kirsk for you walker and put it in and shoot it as well. However i doubt the timing or cylinder length will be correct. I had to shave off about 7 thousands of an inch from the fron of my cylinder just to make it fit into the frame of my 1858 . Then i had to machine down the feet on the back loading gate to get the alignment correct. Then spent another 2 hours getting the timing correct on each cylinder. While you cant beat that drop in cylinder from R&D. Bad news is i hear they are going out of business.
Old November 30, 2009, 11:38 PM   #2255
buckeyed

May need to get another one just incase
Old November 30, 2009, 11:47 PM   #2256
scrat

Quote:
May need to get another one just incase
+1 my thoughts exactly
Old December 1, 2009, 06:35 AM   #2257
StrawHat

Quote:
scrat

On lets say the 1858 the R&D cylinder (NOT A GOOD CHOICE) Angles the shells to allow 6 shells to fit in.
I believe that is why when Remington did the conversion they went to a five shot cylinder. In 46 Remington Rimfire.

Quote:
scrat

Bad news is i hear they are going out of business.
It's never good to hear one of our suppliers going out of business. Hopefully he is just getting out of the cylinder business and will continue smithing.
Old December 1, 2009, 08:12 AM   #2258
armyof1

SCRAT i"v sent you email ,
Old December 1, 2009, 09:02 AM   #2259
TomADC

Wink

I'm disappointed I go out and buy beer & spirits have girls in from Hooters to serve them and nobody showed last night, the only free night I have for drinks being I'm member 100. Darn!
Old December 1, 2009, 09:06 AM   #2260
TomADC

Post Buckeyed

Buckeyed your close to Dillon Precsion their stuff is top shelf and best warranty period, you should make a run over there and check then out.
BTW we came close to being nieghbors almost bought at Del Webb in Buckeye.
http://www.dillonprecision.com/
Old December 1, 2009, 09:10 AM   #2261
fineredmist

I never received the invitation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fineredmist
WALKER Club member #10
Old December 1, 2009, 11:39 AM   #2262
armyof1

i didn"t received mine. must have got lost in the post !!!!

armyof1
WALKER CLUB member #99
Old December 1, 2009, 12:04 PM   #2263
armyof1

TomADC This print is posted for you as you are the 100th WALKER CLUB member, and we all missed the party...if you want an A4 size copy just P.M. me with your email address .... MINE IS ON MY DESKTOP NOW IT LOOKS OK , .........TomADC ......AS GOT HIS COPY NOW SO YOU CAN ALL HAVE A COPY IF YOU WANT ...........JUST PM ME WITH YOU EMAIL ADDRESS .........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img230.jpg (805.8 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by armyof1; December 1, 2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old December 1, 2009, 02:42 PM   #2264
buckeyed

TomADC I see you are in So. Cal about 10 years ago I lived in El Cajon Cal but had to move back too many people and not enough horses
Old December 1, 2009, 02:47 PM   #2265
scrat

Anyone looking for an R&D cylinder for thier guns better start check out the sites. midwasy still may have some i am sure once the supply runs low all its going to do is drive up the prices of the Kirsk.
Old December 1, 2009, 04:54 PM   #2266
TomADC

I was looking for the thread I started inviting all the Walker Club members over, either I forgot to post it or maybe
armyof1 PM on the way.

BTW made a range trip today with the grandson but didn't shoot any BP, next week, I just signed up to be a range officer so I'm checking out potenal works mates.
Old December 1, 2009, 05:24 PM   #2267
mykeal

I was there, had a great time, met lots of nice people. Them Hooters gals sure are friendly. Oh, wait....you're in CA and I'm in MI....Darn, I thought you weren't there cause one of them gals dragged you off for herself. Huh. Wonder who that poor boy was.
Old December 1, 2009, 06:58 PM   #2268
NobleSniper

For Walker enthusiast

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...41#post6076641
Old December 1, 2009, 07:27 PM   #2269
TomADC

Mykeal how far are you from Wyandotte?
Old December 1, 2009, 10:11 PM   #2270
mykeal

150.22 miles from the intersection of Ford and Biddle at a heading of 350 degrees true. Or 190 miles north on I-75/US-23. National City, in the Huron National Forest/Au Sable State Forest. Culturally, about as far as you can get in MI; a lot closer to a yooper than a flatlander.
Old December 1, 2009, 10:24 PM   #2271
TomADC

I grew up in Wyandotte, I've actually tried to get the wife to move back but she says no way. Still have a brother and my oldest daughter and her family there.
Old December 7, 2009, 04:36 PM   #2272
buckeyed

fixin to relaod my WALKER conversion wanted to use swiss FFF but unable to get it local all I can get is swiss in FF or Graff and son in FFF not sure what to use anyhelp anyone
Old December 8, 2009, 06:12 PM   #2273
scrat

Well the proper powder is FFF so hate to say it i would go with the GRAFF and son. Or look for GOEX should be easily found in AZ. a few years ago i had problems locating GOEX in my area. So i got on the GOEX website and emailed them. Told them i need to know who stocks it in my area. They replied a day later with a list of places i could get it from.
Old December 8, 2009, 06:17 PM   #2274
TomADC

Post scrat

Your lucky if you can buy BP in your area, nobody inSan Diego county sells BP, a few do sell the substitutes but no real stuff.
Old December 8, 2009, 06:56 PM   #2275
scrat

What do you need. PM