Quantcast
Estimate on Browning A5 Light 12 value - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Shotguns

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 21, 2014, 09:26 PM   #1
WoodchuckAssassin

Estimate on Browning A5 Light 12 value

Is Belgium made, excellent wood though worn slightly towards the butt, slight wear on bluing around edges, and two half inch scratches on the barrel 8 inches from the muzzle.

The price before tax is $850. I'm not looking to guy a gun to retire on, or even one to collect...just something classic to enjoy shooting. How's the price?

Sorry that there's no pictures, but she's still at the store. They also have a Remington M11 for $350 (though older with more wear), but it just doesn't shoulder like the browning does. I was hoping it would (I would have bought it on the spot), but it just didn't have the same feel.
Old October 22, 2014, 08:48 AM   #2
rbernie
Contributing Member

That's HIGH for my area. Prices on them have fallen dramatically over the last half decade or so - most folk struggle to get rid of decent Belgian Light-12s if they're priced more than $500.

The Light-20's still command a bit of a premium, but I bought one recently for less than $600 in 85% shape.

Support THR by becoming a Contributing Member. Texans should be a member of the Texas State Rifle Association.
-
Trying to alter human behavior by regulating objects has been historically proven a fools errand, and yet is the fundamental underlying premise of gun control.
-
A conclusion is not a destination, it's simply a convenient place to stop thinking.
-
Reading a thing doesn't automatically make it so, and repeating it doesn't necessarily make it any truer.

-
I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no class.
Old October 22, 2014, 10:25 AM   #3
evan price

I'll second that. Around here nice light 12s are going for less and used miroku guns are in the low $400s. Cabelas has them for less if that says anything. I've seen a lot of belgians for $500 ish.
If you just want a shooter keep looking.
I passed on a remington m11 sportsman for $269 that was a good shooter grade gun, used but mechanically sound, because I already have a savage 720.
Old October 22, 2014, 10:26 AM   #4
BigBore45

yep thats high. i would say around 500-600 here.
Old October 22, 2014, 01:50 PM   #5
GY67

I just bought a light 12 a few months ago for $475 out the door. I call mine a 80 to 85%.
Old October 22, 2014, 08:40 PM   #6
WoodchuckAssassin

I'd put this gun at 90% easy. I thought that it was a little on the high side, but I didn't know anything about autos so I thought I'd consult the gang on HighRoad.

God help me, I still might talk myself into buying it. I hate spending more than $700-750, but I don't get many A5's around my area, and I don't know if I've ever had a shotgun shoulder so naturally and point so true.

Really wish I didn't have a Champagne taste on a beer budget
Old October 23, 2014, 02:15 PM   #7
evan price

Check gunbroker. Lots of A5s available take your pick. Figure another $50 for shipping and ffl transfer fees. Can get a deal and parts are available.
Old October 23, 2014, 02:31 PM   #8
1KPerDay

You might also look at the old Franchi 48 ALs

Sexy Italian version, very light, very inexpensive.