anybody like cajun food? - THR

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 27, 2015, 11:36 AM   #1
anybody like cajun food?

25% off for ccw.
Precision Multigun, LLC
Distinguished Rifleman Badge #1971
Old October 27, 2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Smart man.

Surprisingly, I have not yet encountered a restaurant in my area of Southern Illinois that forbids firearms.
What part of "...shall not be infringed" is unclear?
Old October 27, 2015, 03:33 PM   #3
Jeff H
Indy is a little far for me to go for lunch, but if it was closer, I'd be there. Love cajun food.
Old October 27, 2015, 03:37 PM   #4
Dr. Sandman
Yeah, 10th and Post. Bring your card AND you gun..
The AR-15 gets cleaned after each use.
The AK-47 has never been cleaned.
The Mosin-Nagant was last cleaned in Berlin, in 1945.
Old October 27, 2015, 04:02 PM   #5
Looks like a WIN-WIN, no robberies and a ton more hungry customers.
"...studies show that keeping a ladder in the house is more dangerous than a loaded gun. That's why I own ten guns, in case someone maniac tries to sneak in with a ladder". -Uncle Stan
Old October 27, 2015, 04:38 PM   #6
Wonder how many of those who complained, will be back when something bad happens at their "new favoritest gun-free" restaurant...

"He who would give up Liberty in exchange for temporary security, deserves neither Liberty nor security"-Benjamin Franklin
Old October 27, 2015, 08:40 PM   #7
I love Cajun and Creole SEASONINGS on anything I cook, but I don't think I've ever had real Cajun food. That would be a bit of a hike for chow from AZ, but it would be cool.
If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czfirearms.us/ The original CZ Forum, new address.
Old October 27, 2015, 08:42 PM   #8
Love Cajun food. If I lived in the area, that place would be like a second home....
Old October 27, 2015, 08:45 PM   #9
Sorry not me. I think Paul Prudhomme burned some food about 30 years ago at his restaurant, and served it anyway, and acted like he meant to do it!!

(born in New Orleans)
NRA Life Member
Old October 27, 2015, 09:00 PM   #10
Originally Posted by jmace57 View Post
Sorry not me. I think Paul Prudhomme burned some food about 30 years ago at his restaurant, and served it anyway, and acted like he meant to do it!!

(born in New Orleans)
I used to employ a man who was from Cameron Perish. I've had very little true Cajun food, so when I asked what he thought of Cajun food, he said, "Well, it's basically just real bad tasting food. Just really bad, bad tasting food".

Although I still haven't had enough Cajun to judge for myself, you've clarified his remarks well.
Old October 27, 2015, 09:00 PM   #11
old lady new shooter
This is fantastic, maybe it will start a trend!
Old October 28, 2015, 12:26 PM   #12
P5 Guy
Yeah I'd enjoy some Cajun Cuisine if they were closer to FLORIDA.
Old October 28, 2015, 09:12 PM   #13
Great idea. For real good Cajun food I suggest Eunice, Louisiana. Or anywhere in the area of Beau Bridge. That is the real deal and it is good. I avoid New Orleans. Not so authentic to me.
Old October 29, 2015, 12:37 PM   #14
Man, I would have to drive 1000 miles for Cajun food. It is thin on the ground in Wyoming. I'd pay good money for a plate of red beans and dirty rice or an oyster po'boy.
"It is this infernal telegraph. We learn more than we need to know about things that do not concern us." Donald McCaig/Cannan
Old October 29, 2015, 12:40 PM   #15
Seems to be a reoccurring theme. I eat here about once a month.

Anything less than an N-Frame just doesnt feel right....
Old October 30, 2015, 10:37 AM   #16
I checked their menu, no crawfish! Bummer!
Old October 30, 2015, 08:04 PM   #17
Longhorn 76
Crawfish are seasonal. They start getting small ones in December, and usually end April or May.