Quantcast
Alfa Proj Revolvers? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 24, 2016, 05:17 PM   #1
Swing

Alfa Proj Revolvers?

Hey all. What is the story on the Alfa Proj wheelguns offered by CzechPoint USA? My experience with the company has been overwhelmingly positive, but I don't know about their six-shooters. The one in 9x19mm looks tempting.

Thanks.
Old June 24, 2016, 05:43 PM   #2
aarondhgraham

I've wondered the same myself,,,

I've wondered the same myself,,,
But haven't had my hands on one to czech it out.

So to speak.

I've been trying for years to get The Evil Pawn Shop Guy to order one in,,,
But he doesn't want to speculate on an unknown entity.

Good luck finding one to look at.

Aarond

Old June 24, 2016, 08:59 PM   #3
C0untZer0

Man, I've been waiting for these things to come back in stock and I even subscribed to CzeckPoint e-mails, and still didn't get a notification that they were back in stock !
Old June 24, 2016, 09:01 PM   #4
C0untZer0

Oh never mind - I received the e-mail this afternoon at 3:45
Old June 24, 2016, 09:03 PM   #5
C0untZer0

Quote:
haven't had my hands on one to czech it out.
Nice one...
Old June 24, 2016, 09:04 PM   #6
C0untZer0

Quote:
I've been trying for years to get The Evil Pawn Shop Guy to order one in,,,
But he doesn't want to speculate on an unknown entity.

Good luck finding one to look at.
Its my understanding that Dan Brown / CzechPoint U.S.A. is the sole importer for Alfa Proj in the U.S.
Old June 24, 2016, 10:21 PM   #7
PabloJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0untZer0 View Post
Make sure to order some spare moon clips as six-shot 9x19 ones are made of unobtainium. I was lucky to find bag for $1.00 which I purchased despite the fact that I did not own six-shot 9x19 revolver.
Old June 24, 2016, 11:23 PM   #8
C0untZer0

Ya, I don't think TK Custom makes moon clips for the Alfa Proj, but Holy Schnikes ! CzechPoint charges $8.50 for one fricken moon clip ???

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/parts...lver-moon-clip
Old June 24, 2016, 11:50 PM   #9
Swing

Quote:
Yah, got the same one. They've been sold out since forever.

Quote:
Ya, I don't think TK Custom makes moon clips for the Alfa Proj, but Holy Schnikes ! CzechPoint charges $8.50 for one fricken moon clip ???

Yesh, that is ridiculous. Granted, it has been a while since I've owned moon-clip-requiring revolvers (.45 ACP), but that is still nuts. Well, maybe the .32 Long or .357 Mag one would be fun. Actually the former might make a little honey of a target plinker. Or not.
Old June 24, 2016, 11:59 PM   #10
C0untZer0

Video Review in Russian (with sub-titles)

Here's some nice video. The subtitles were translated by someone who didn't understand firearms or the English terms for some gun parts, for instance, Russians call the cylinder "барабан" which sounds like bar-a-bahn, and most times is translated as "drum", but for someone who knew about revolvers, they'd translate that as "cylinder", but the subtitles say "drum". Anyway, you can generally figure out what the subtitles are getting at and the video is really nice. Its the best shot of the chambers I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkBmwNfDj4

Last edited by C0untZer0; June 25, 2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old June 25, 2016, 12:00 AM   #11
Swing

Quote:
who didn't understand firearms or the English terms for some gun parts
hehe, like calling a cylinder a drum.

Interesting vid though; thanks.
Old June 25, 2016, 11:03 AM   #12
PabloJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0untZer0 View Post

They ship gun with two clips so if you don't buy extra that is all you're going to have. Oh by the way limit is THREE per customer so number available for sale is probably limited.
Old June 26, 2016, 12:54 AM   #13
C0untZer0

Did you get one?

I just put in my order, I sort of gave up on them, I was writing back and forth with Dan Brown for over 2 years.

The last time I wrote to him in December 2015 he said he was expecting some revolvers in Spring of 2016, but I wasn't holding my breath.

But they came in so I bought one.
Old June 26, 2016, 12:57 AM   #14
Poper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swing View Post
hehe, like calling a cylinder a drum.

Interesting vid though; thanks.
Yeah, and the English call the hood of a car a "bonnet".

A drum, though, is a cylinder shape, is it not?
Old June 26, 2016, 01:17 AM   #15
rcmodel
Contributing Member

I can't see myself being a $500 Beta tester for a one man importer of an unknown revolver nobody will be able to get parts for when he folds his tent and sneaks off in the dark sooner or later.

I can buy a real nice S&W or Ruger for $500 tomorrow morning.
And it's Sunday.

I can order parts Monday, and get them by Friday.

rc

Time has finally taken over, and we can't fight getting older! 'Kid Rock'
Old June 26, 2016, 08:30 AM   #16
PabloJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmodel View Post
I can't see myself being a $500 Beta tester for a one man importer of an unknown revolver nobody will be able to get parts for when he folds his tent and sneaks off in the dark sooner or later.

And it's Sunday.

rc
He does offer some nine-shot .22Lr and .22WRM revolvers for $300. This is substantially less than Ruger or Smith & Wesson sell for. It might be good alternative to Taurus though I heard good things about Brazilian S&W .22 "K-frame clones".
Old June 26, 2016, 09:38 AM   #17
C0untZer0

Quote:

And it's Sunday.

rc
Ruger doesn't make a 9mm revolver with adjustable sights and a 9mm-sized cylinder or I would have purchased it already.

The Smith and Wesson 929 and 986 are very nice guns but the 986 is nine hundred and eighty six dollars when its not on sale and the 929 is nine hundred and twenty nine dollars when it is on sale.

Well anyway, this is the only 3" nine revolver out there, and I just had to have one.
Old June 26, 2016, 09:59 AM   #18
Jim Watson

I have seen a number of posts on gunboards, most on the S&W forum, calling the thing that goes around the "drum." Not everybody knows the proper terminology and when you start dragging in foreigners and computer translation routines, it can get far afield.

The fit and finish of the Alfa guns look kind of what you might call "casual." Maybe the works are better.
I wonder why we do not see a Euro revolver in the same category as Smith, Ruger, or (old) Colt.
There is this thing with charcoal briquette finish and wide seams and then we get deluxe expensive Manhurin and Korth. Nothing in between.

Once upon a time J.P. Sauer made a pretty nice looking S&W K38 copy and Jan Stevenson said the Uberti idea of a D frame was about in the middle range of Colt QC; he had seen better Colts but he had seen worse Colts, too.
Old June 26, 2016, 10:33 AM   #19
C0untZer0

Quote:
I have seen a number of posts on gunboards, most on the S&W forum, calling the thing that goes around the "drum." Not everybody knows the proper terminology and when you start dragging in foreigners and computer translation routines, it can get far afield.
Yep. They also said that the caliber is indicated on the "barrel jacket" but the 9231 doesn't have a barrel insert. Its what we would just call the outside of the barrel.

I was just trying to give people a heads up on the video that the sub-titles might seem a little strange but the bottom line was that you could figure out what they were trying to convey and there was a lot of good info in the video.

Until I saw this video I didn't know that you could fire the Alfa Proj without the moon clip.
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #20
Monac

I'm interested in their 32 S&W Long revolvers. They are very reasonably priced for a 32 Long with target sights. Although I do not think 32 Long is considered The Ultimate Manstopper, it is extremely pleasant to shoot for fun.

Thanks very much for letting us know that these are back in stock!