Quantcast
Would you make this trade? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 13, 2014, 11:02 AM   #1
Barry the Bear

Would you make this trade?

Im debating trading my 386 nightguard for a friends 686-1 , his gun is in great condition just needs some polishing, His gun does not have original grips and has a 6 inch barrel, I would use the gun for a hunting sidearm and ccw under a winter coat(yes im crazy).I still have my box and papers as well , so would you all make this trade?
Old September 13, 2014, 11:59 AM   #2
highpower

If you like the 686 better, why not?
Old September 13, 2014, 11:59 AM   #3
silicosys4

I personally wouldn't make that trade unless there were also cash coming with that 686, I think you'd be getting the shorter end of the stick. From what I can see the night guard is going for significantly more than the 686.
Old September 13, 2014, 02:19 PM   #4
buck460XVR

I would, but then I ain't a fan of the ultra-light magnums.

Theiyr're...........take that Grammar Nazis!
Old September 13, 2014, 02:34 PM   #5
rondog

I'd come close to trading nearly anything I own for a 6" 686, I'd really love to have one! But I don't know what a 386 is either.
Old September 13, 2014, 02:41 PM   #6
Hometeached1

I wouldn't unless he is adding cash. But I like tend to like barrels less than 4" on L-frames. YMMV.

"I rather be shot in the foot with a .50BMG than a .22 short to the base of the skull." Unknown.
Old September 13, 2014, 05:16 PM   #7
pendennis

Would have to have cash with the 686. 6" 686's are fairly common, and your 386 NG is somewhat scarce, and no longer produced. All models of NG's are scarce in the market, and they demand a premium.
Old September 13, 2014, 05:58 PM   #8
Barry the Bear

Thanks guys Im not gonna make that trade afterall.
Old September 14, 2014, 01:25 AM   #9
460Kodiak

Don't think I'd make that trade unless you really dislike the 386. You can find a 686 if you really want to.
Friend.... "You should be 460Kodiak....... yeah"
Me........ "Great...... now I have to grow a mullet."
Old September 14, 2014, 03:02 AM   #10
ArchAngelCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry the Bear View Post
Thanks guys Im not gonna make that trade afterall.
I agree...

You can probably find a nice used M686 under $500 if you look around. Your M386 is hard to come by and like said above, no longer in production.
Old September 14, 2014, 04:00 AM   #11
Lucky Derby

While I would prefer the 686 to the 386, I think the 386 is worth more $$$.