Quantcast
Any Bearcat Experience? Specifically the Shopkeeer? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM   #1
Orion8472

Any Bearcat Experience? Specifically the Shopkeeer?

I had my local gun store order a Lipsey's Shopkeeper, blued, fluted barrel.

First, the good. More like.....the excellent. The fit and finish was top notch. Fit of the metal and wood grips was extremely well done.

Second, the not so good. The functioning of the revolver was substandard. The trigger was pretty heavy. Removing the cylinder was problematic. The cylinder moved too much on full cock. A lot of revolvers will move side to side slightly [on a varying level, of course], but this one also had some lateral movement....almost like either the base pin was a few microns too small in diameter, or the hole in the cylinder was a few microns to big in diameter. Moving it to half cock and opening the gate, the cylinder seemed "vague", not precise like other SAA style revolvers. In fact,....I found the functioning to be either on the same level or maybe even a bit worse than the Heritage products.

I did not purchase it. Quite bummed out about it because I was really wanting the tiny birdshead. It felt AWESOME in the hand and pointed well. If it had the typical Ruger quality, I would have had it in my collection.

What has been your experience with the Bearcat [any style/model]?
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #2
Haxby

Don't know if I should even say, because mine was quite a while ago.
22/22 mag conversion model. It wasn't good. Not accurate, just accurate enough to tell that the fixed sights didn't point to where it hit.
Traded it off (before it was recalled) toward a great S&W.
Old Today, 01:28 AM   #3
.455_Hunter

Almost every new production Bearcat (including the Shopkeeper) I have fondled have shown excessive cylinder gap.
"Every day for the last ten years, Loretta there has been giving me a large black coffee. Today she gives me a large black coffee only it's got sugar in it- a lot of sugar. I just came back to complain..."