Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 18 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 30, 2009, 04:56 PM   #426
swiftak

anything that says Taurus on it.
Old March 30, 2009, 05:21 PM   #427
English Bob

+1 on that sentiment!
Old March 30, 2009, 06:34 PM   #428
Dragk913

Desert Eagle...and anything in 9mm
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects: This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Old March 30, 2009, 07:13 PM   #429
dat2

any kel tech
Old April 3, 2009, 02:49 PM   #430
New gun owner

I am surprised to see Glock mentioned - I have never met someone who did not think their Glock was their most reliable weapon. I have a Glock 19 and have never had a jam or issue - as compared to my pals that have Sigs and Berettas
Old April 3, 2009, 03:08 PM   #431
dagger dog

Gyro Jet, either rifle or handgun!
Old April 3, 2009, 03:24 PM   #432
BillyBA

wouldn't buy

high point pistols - made a mistake and bought one because i had just enough to get it and didnt want to wait to save a few more bucks ?!?! I would rather throw the piece of sh** at someone than waste my time shooting it ? also i hate revolvers - not enough round capacity ?
Old April 3, 2009, 03:47 PM   #433
woad_yurt

A Kimber or P22. I have friends who have had nightmares with each. I've shot them and the Kimber & P22 are jam monsters.
Old April 3, 2009, 03:54 PM   #434
cleardiddion

Ruger 10/22's

Never will I buy another piece of junk like that again
Old April 11, 2009, 10:52 PM   #435
B J Elliott

Keltec .380
Old April 11, 2009, 11:04 PM   #436
Grey_Mana

Kinda makes you wonder what people are actually shooting, if they hate Armalite, Beretta, Browning, Glock, Hi point, Kel tec, Kimber, Mossberg, Remington, Ruger, Sig, S&W, Taurus...

Seems like people like garands, marlin, H&R, and Thompson?
Old April 12, 2009, 01:28 AM   #437
Zach S

Super shorty. No real use for one, and the "cool factor" isn't high enough to justify the price to me. Which brings me to another one, PGO shotguns. Second rate handguns, second rate shotguns.

Anything bullpup. I fired a bullpup once, and realized that they dont work well for me. I pulled the trigger, and everything seemed to be moving in slow motion as the op rod came back and hit me in the face. It seems like I had enough time to say "Well, this is gonna hurt like hell," and I was right.

Even though I'm left handed, I dont see me getting LHed anything anytime soon. I've got so accustomed to guns designed for my wrong side that southpaw guns are just weird. LH stags, LH shotguns, even LH bolts, they're just weird...

Anything that has collector value. I use mine, some would say abuse (you have to clean them?), so if I got collector anything, I would just ruin the value. So I stay away from them so someone who will enjoy them can have the chance.

"The problem with the 1911 today is that so many people have been trying to outsmart John Browning for so long, they really believe they have." - 1911Tuner
Old April 12, 2009, 01:38 AM   #438
PT1911

so.... from this thread I have learned to never buy a lorcin, bryco, jennings, davis, colt, kimber, taurus, ruger, smith, glock, norinco, sks, ak, single shots, semi-auto rifles, ..... so, what can I buy?

Personally, I like my taurus guns, enjoy my ruger 10/22. walther p-22.

I am impressed with the taurus guns in comparison with smiths, rugers, springfields and other "big name" guns.

I do understand avoiding the jennings, bryco, lorcin...etc
Old April 12, 2009, 01:42 AM   #439
MR.LOKI

I have owned or do own guns from Beretta, Ruger, Taurus, Walther, Marlin, Remington, Smith and Wesson, Sig, Browning.

The only bad gun I have owned was a Sig 220 and it was truly horrid.

I truly regret letting my S&W 5904 go.
Old April 12, 2009, 01:48 AM   #440
Pack

There are brands that I haven't tried, or just don't like despite limited exposure to them. But I just love guns in general, and can't rule out needing or wanting any number of weird purchases.

The only thing I can say that I will NEVER buy is a 1911 that requires tools (whether the part that assists in capturing the recoil spring or a simple bushing wrench) to field-strip them.

The only 1911 that has NEVER jammed on me is my plain-as-can-be Colt 1991A1 stainless, with tolerances that allow the slide and frame to chatter and rattle if I shake it, but also work every time. To me, this is the point of the design.

HKs, Sigs, and other Euroguns are just as accurate as well put-together 1911s, and still come apart with the simple flick of a takedown lever.
Old April 12, 2009, 01:58 AM   #441
10-Ring

Let's see....won't buy another Taurus shot an AMT back up once, I'll never buy one of those, one of the S&W snubbies in 500 mag -- should have been a single shot b/c you know after the 1st round, you'll be looking for a buyer (that is if you can see where it went after flying out of your hand after you shot it!), or any one of the cheapy guns from Lorcin, Raven et al.
I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering right now, but this is a good start
Old April 12, 2009, 09:03 AM   #442
Geezer Glide

Kahr

XD's

Anything with an internal lock.
Old April 12, 2009, 09:47 AM   #443
ZO6Vettever

Never say "never".
Old April 12, 2009, 10:56 AM   #444
Ned Kelly

Raven .22, .25 and .380.

As well as any gun that falls into that class.

I had one that jammed a lot and I gave it to a friend cause I didn't want it anymore. He took it out to shoot one day and it went runaway on him. Emptied the magazine.

Which would be fun if it wasn't so illegal.

He destroyed the gun by cutting it in two.
Old April 12, 2009, 11:21 AM   #445
Prion

I will never buy any firearm ever again. They are all too loud, calibers are all either too big or too small, they are too cheap or too expensive, too nice or not nice enough,the triggers are either da, sa, dao, creepy, too light, too heavy, they don't shoot sub-moa at 2 mile ranges, sometimes they jam or misfire, they require cleaning and care, ammo isn't plentiful, not colorful enough, made out of metal, wood, or plastic, some need tools some don't, most are either too small or too big, many are too small and too big, some are too shiny, some are too matte, some hold too many rounds, some too few, some only one, too many safeties, not enough safeties, safeties in the wrong place, they don't talk, my wife doesn't care for them, they don't make me better looking, my hair is still graying, I'm getting old, people still do stupid stuff, I can't fly when I carry and stop lights still turn red, women don't swoon when they see me, I still have bills to pay, etc etc etc. Everything you people say about these wonder tools is a lie, a lie I tell ya'!
Old April 12, 2009, 11:56 AM   #446
colorado_handgunner

Taurus
S&W Semi Auto
Old April 12, 2009, 01:27 PM   #447
Kentucky Kernel

This list is indeed interesting. While I love my 20+ year old Taurus PT99 9mm (17+1) with a beautiful satin nickel finish, I see that many others here hate all Tauruses. I bought this particular gun new and this was my first semi auto pistol purchase. Never a problem, very accurate. Perhaps quality has gone down with the need to continually develop new firearms and churn out as many copies of clones as possible?

As for Kimber, sure their 1911's have a great rep, but my particular Pro-CDP was a failure to feed nightmare. I don't think this means that Kimber as a whole stinks, but that now and then a lemon gets sold, and this turns off one individual. MY Kimber stinks, but I know that many other's have had good experiences.

I guess this boils down to the fact that we should not classify a manufacturer's entire line of guns based on individual single purchases.

But those Glocks are sure ugly!

KK
Old April 12, 2009, 02:25 PM   #448
searcher451

"Never say never" is pretty funny until you run into a gun that is clearly troubling. Somewhere along the line a couple of years back, I got the idea that a Taurus lightweight revolver in .38 special would be a perfect at-home self-defense gun for the wife. Bad idea, bad move, bad choice, lots of issues, not the least of which was a loose frame and an unreliable trigger. No mas no mas.

-- Depending on the source, bank robber Willie Sutton or noted bad guy Al Capone; take your pick
Old April 12, 2009, 02:26 PM   #449
Just Jim

Smith&Wessons with locks and Taurus because of their customer service. Never ever.

jj
Old April 12, 2009, 02:31 PM   #450
JShirley
Administrator

Sigma
Intratec CAT-9
HK-91